IGNORED

Average Attendance (Merged)

JasonM88

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Looks very much like it will end up at over 19,000? What do people make of that?

Impressive, given what most of them have watched. 

Amazed that we've averaged 5,000 POTD, which is really what we mean here. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

18976 is our current average home attendance with 2 games to go, one being at home, I cannot see 19,000 beaten on that alone, good shout but I cant. Think we will be just shy.

Won't a 23,500 crowd v Birmingham push that average up to over 20,000..?

With the top tier open, it won't be a millions miles away from that and will certainly push it up over 19k average. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

18976 is our current average home attendance with 2 games to go, one being at home, I cannot see 19,000 beaten on that alone, good shout but I cant. Think we will be just shy.

How so?

If we've amassed an average of 18,976 from 22 games (i.e. a total of 417,472), that means we need a total of 437,000 for the season to average 19,000. That means an attendance of 19,528 versus Brum would push us to a 19k average.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

With the top tier open, it won't be a millions miles away from that and will certainly push it up over 19k average. 

You could be right, maths, I dont understand this numerical language.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No.

A 20k average would require a total of 460,000 across the season. Taking away the current total of 417,472 means we require 42,528. Alas, we are not Bristol Rovers.

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

How so?

If we've amassed an average of 18,976 from 22 games (i.e. a total of 417,472), that means we need a total of 437,000 for the season to average 19,000. That means an attendance of 19,528 versus Brum would push us to a 19k average.

What is your total from, the 417,472? and your 437k season figure - like what?

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

No.

A 20k average would require a total of 460,000 across the season. Taking away the current total of 417,472 means we require 42,528. Alas, we are not Bristol Rovers.

I was basing it purely on what people above had said our current average is. If that's wrong, then you are of course correct. 

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

No.

Of course you are correct. Not sure what I was working out (in my half cut state!)

We'd obviously need 23,000 over our current average, to take it over 20,000 average. 

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

Would've been about 10 more if the boycotters attended.

:fish::robbored:

Cynic, there are a few biters on the forum at the moment, no need to antagonise them more

Just now, cynic said:

Not meaning to antagonise anyone.

I was just estimating the number from the posters on here boycotting games - about 10 ?

Anyway, the average attendance this season is excellent, especially given our divisional position.

I think it will be even more next season.

Your post was funny and mine was a little tongue in cheek.

Archived