IGNORED

Steve Lansdown's decision...

Redtucks

Best form over last 5 home games and 8th best over last ten matches.

Quite the run, but yet there's still the same shite to read on the contrary.

A real minority that'll still slate things though. Come match day, the proof is there. Just find these bells posting on this forum.

Hopefully the losers will stay away in their mass boycott :facepalm::facepalm:

Interesting to see what happens in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Best form over last 5 home games and 8th best over last ten matches.

Quite the run, but yet there's still the same shite to read on the contrary.

A real minority that'll still slate things though. Come match day, the proof is there. Just find these bells posting on this forum.

Hopefully the losers will stay away in their mass boycott :facepalm::facepalm:

Interesting to see what happens in the summer.

City did almost the same last season, win a lot of games to secure championship status, just as we are now having to do this year. We spent millions that summer transfer for better stickers got Tammy etc, and look where we are, I blame the players as much as Lee Johnson.

I said at the time that I hope SL's gamble would pay off. It's just a refreshing change to back a manager in football and look at the longer-term in this day and age. I wanted it with Cotterill but it wasn't to be. I'm so glad LJ managed to turn it around and I'm glad for SL too - especially after the stick they both were getting. Still a lot of work to be done next season but I'm sure many lessons will have been learned, particularly from the bad run. The testing times are when you learn most.

It's been a truly fantastic response from management and players. Deserve so much credit for the fighting spirit they've shown. If a new manager had come in and got the same results they'd have been lauded by everyone and people would be getting carried away for next season. I believe longevity and having a manager in place that knows the club and squad and has been through tougher times can only be an advantage for us next season.

I said it in the 'Lee Johnson' topic but the same goes for SL. Hopefully they've had a good day/night, can relax a bit more for the last two games with the eased pressure and look forward to next season now. A lot of work but LJ can only continue to do what he has been doing.

We should never have been in this mess in the first place! We are, imo, because LJ isn't capable of getting the best out of a decent squad of players. My feeling is that the players have seen the abyss yawning before them and dug in to avoid armageddon. LJ seems to me to be the root cause of our under-performance in mid-season and I suspect the improvement is little to do with him. I would still have more confidence for next season if he went and we brought in a manager with a proven track record at this level.

52 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Just an observation….....

Many on here a few weeks ago felt that Lee Johnson should be sacked and a majority of them called for Steve Lansdown to go and get Gary Rowett.

Steve Lansdown stuck with what he had, and Derby County employed Gary Rowett instead.

Since then Derby have played 7 games, won 3, drew 2 and lost 2, gaining 11 points, scoring 11 and conceding 12.

They have not won in their last 3 games.

During the same time Bristol City have played 7 games, won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2, gaining 13 points, scoring 13 and conceding 12.

We have not lost in our last 4 games.

As I said, just an observation!

It's in no way that clear cut in football. SL took a gamble to stick with LJ and it had worked in terms of us staying up but it could so easily have gone the other way and we could of been down by now.

As for fans not believing in SL's decisions there are plenty of appointments he's backed that have gone wrong big style so to come on here with your big observation is pure talking with hindsight

Just now, Show Me The Money! said:

It's in no way that clear cut in football. SL till a gamble to stick with LJ and it had worked in terms of us staying up but it could so easily have gone the other way and we be down by now.

As for fans not believing in SL's decisions there are plenty of appointments he's backed that have gone wrong big style so to come on here with your big observation is pure talking with hindsight

to sum up.. with football, no one knows what the **** to do and sometimes it works

We ended last season with playoff form, spent 15 million, have 19 new players and thought we would at least have a good season. Instead approaching the end of the season we were staring relegation in the face, had to suffer some inexscusable football, and had to fear for our championship survival yet again. We have managed to get some good wins and are going to remain in the championship an exact mirror of last season - sorry but yes great we are staying up, but don't expect me to be cheering from the rafters about our season.

7 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We should never have been in this mess in the first place! We are, imo, because LJ isn't capable of getting the best out of a decent squad of players. My feeling is that the players have seen the abyss yawning before them and dug in to avoid armageddon. LJ seems to me to be the root cause of our under-performance in mid-season and I suspect the improvement is little to do with him. I would still have more confidence for next season if he went and we brought in a manager with a proven track record at this level.

And our form at the start of the season? We were top 6 in October so no abyss yawning before them then. My opinion Johnson has done enough to deserve the summer and to start next season, then if approaching December we're in the mire again then he will need to go. If however he can get us mid table to higher, our form of late has shown this squad capable of it then hopefully we can progress. 

16 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I said at the time that I hope SL's gamble would pay off. It's just a refreshing change to back a manager in football and look at the longer-term in this day and age. I wanted it with Cotterill but it wasn't to be. I'm so glad LJ managed to turn it around and I'm glad for SL too - especially after the stick they both were getting. Still a lot of work to be done next season but I'm sure many lessons will have been learned, particularly from the bad run. The testing times are when you learn most.

It's been a truly fantastic response from management and players. Deserve so much credit for the fighting spirit they've shown. If a new manager had come in and got the same results they'd have been lauded by everyone and people would be getting carried away for next season. I believe longevity and having a manager in place that knows the club and squad and has been through tougher times can only be an advantage for us next season.

I said it in the 'Lee Johnson' topic but the same goes for SL. Hopefully they've had a good day/night, can relax a bit more for the last two games with the eased pressure and look forward to next season now. A lot of work but LJ can only continue to do what he has been doing.

Lovely post mucker, top notch 

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

We ended last season with playoff form, spent 15 million, have 19 new players and thought we would at least have a good season. Instead approaching the end of the season we were staring relegation in the face, had to suffer some inexscusable football, and had to fear for our championship survival yet again. We have managed to get some good wins and are going to remain in the championship an exact mirror of last season - sorry but yes great we are staying up, but don't expect me to be cheering from the rafters about our season.

Yeah, but you could write it off and get behind everyone for the next  season? No, i suppose you can't

Too early to say if it was correct or not for the long term though I think it proved he's a bit more astute to what is going on with the coaches and players than we like to believe. Was the right call it seems to finish the season. My biggest concern is a slow start next season. 

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

to sum up.. with football, no one knows what the **** to do and sometimes it works

But there are so many on here that know everything.......!!!.

..........and they will emphasise it as "FACT"

:rofl2br:

10 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Has anyone thought of the fact, Johnson is one of those managers that can get a team out of a pickle? He did for us last season, hes done it again this season... The rest of the season though, is a huge question mark, cos he had bad bad run here and also at Barnsley.

So our aim is to get ourselves out of a bad situation each season? I'd much rather progression, still don't see it under Johnson, a season on and we're no better off than before. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

So our aim is to get ourselves out of a bad situation each season? I'd much rather progression, still don't see it under Johnson, a season on and we're no better off than before. 

I wasnt saying that, just the fact LJ has gotten us out of a pickle with promotion form twice in just as many seasons, whos to say he couldnt have done the same with Barnsley had they kept him? 

Archived