IGNORED

Steve Lansdown's decision...

Redtucks

2 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive in your response? If he was genuinely joking then the big problem with that is it was a very unprofessional thing to do. If you say something in jest then it means that you don't think it can happen, probably not the best idea no matter how unlikely it is

i'm not sure that I can disagree with you then. BCFC is obviously such an unprofessionally run club, with no idea whatsoever what it is doing.. not too bad to be starting in the Championship 2017-18 season then for such a shambolic set up

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

i'm not sure that I can disagree with you then. BCFC is obviously such an unprofessionally run club, with no idea whatsoever what it is doing.. not too bad to be starting in the Championship 2017-18 season then for such a shambolic set up

Lee Johnson is not BCFC!! Your responses tend to take my words out of context so we are obviously going to have to agree to disagree. For the record, i was very happy with yesterdays result and i admire SL's bravery/stubborness in sticking with LJ when virtually every other owner would have given him the bullet. I just happen to think it was the wrong decision!

Just now, cityironman said:

Lee Johnson is not BCFC!! Your responses tend to take my words out of context so we are obviously going to have to agree to disagree. For the record, i was very happy with yesterdays result and i admire SL's bravery/stubborness in sticking with LJ when virtually every other owner would have given him the bullet. I just happen to think it was the wrong decision!

watch this space.  take care fellow red  have a good week

54 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Oh so Lee was joking when he said it?!! Obviously my mistake. Seems a strange thing to joke about though, especially when your chairman has stated his ambition to get us to the premiership!! It is just another example of him needing to think about the repurcussions of what he is going to say before the words actually exit his mouth!

After he said "Europa League" he explicetly stated he wasnt being serious.

He did say he thought it could happen, but even so, he had outright said that it was a joke

Also dont see the issue with him making a comment in jest when the entire evening had a very casual feel and there had been funny stories about the players and such before hand, from each of the coaches of each team in attendance

On 4/22/2017 at 22:55, steveybadger said:

Now is this topic about LJ proving everybody wrong,  MA being proved right given players he helped recruit are now performing, or is everything still crap?

not taking the Michael, still not sure about LJ having previously thought his time was up, but now not quite so sure.

God knows how how many players we've signed since LJ took over, but more than half of Saturday's starting 11 were in SC's team.

How many of the legion of LJ signings would you say are 'performing'?

Why, when it comes to the crunch has LJ been 'trusting' many of the players he inherited above the players he's signed?

On 4/22/2017 at 23:04, Captain Hindsight said:

Best form over last 5 home games and 8th best over last ten matches.

Quite the run, but yet there's still the same shite to read on the contrary.

A real minority that'll still slate things though. Come match day, the proof is there. Just find these bells posting on this forum.

Hopefully the losers will stay away in their mass boycott :facepalm::facepalm:

Agreed, great home form at last, and just as well - but what was your view of the Brentford and, particularly, PNE games?

Would further use of your above descriptive word, 'shite' be applicable?

Did you call it for what it so obviously was - absolute 'shite' - on here after the PNE game, and are you trying to say that those who did 'slate' after that ignominious debacle were wrong to do so?

A brief glance at our squad and last summer's net spending will show that much of the benefit is still to come from those players.  It is a longer term project and the fruit will be evident in a year - or maybe two or three years time, when we have a still young but more experienced group of players being underpinned by further young and promising signings.  I think that the club is being well run.

17 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

A brief glance at our squad and last summer's net spending will show that much of the benefit is still to come from those players.  It is a longer term project and the fruit will be evident in a year - or maybe two or three years time, when we have a still young but more experienced group of players being underpinned by further young and promising signings.  I think that the club is being well run.

I think the club is being run not as well as it could be considering the potential, and that LJ is inexperienced but hopefully will have learnt a lot this season. We expected youngters to carry us too far this season and a bit of Warnock pragmatism to get some proven experience in the squad was an error. The youngsters have a got a lot more experience from this season and should be able to push on next year now that we have survived. They will continue to need help.

Just now, hoxton casual said:

I think the club is being run not as well as it could be considering the potential, and that LJ is inexperienced but hopefully will have learnt a lot this season. We expected youngters to carry us too far this season and a bit of Warnock pragmatism to get some proven experience in the squad was an error. The youngsters have a got a lot more experience from this season and should be able to push on next year now that we have survived. They will continue to need help.

Good points but no need to swear HC!

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

God knows how how many players we've signed since LJ took over, but more than half of Saturday's starting 11 were in SC's team.

Why, when it comes to the crunch has LJ been 'trusting' many of the players he inherited above the players he's signed?

Agreed, great home form at last, and just as well - but what was your view of the Brentford and, particularly, PNE games?

Would further use of your above descriptive word, 'shite' be applicable?

Did you call it for what it so obviously was - absolute 'shite' - on here after the PNE game, and are you trying to say that those who did 'slate' after that ignominious debacle were wrong to do so?

That is an incredibly simple one

He is, largely, using the players who helped avoid relegation last season. He can "trust" them to do the job.

The others being picked have performed consistently.

The ones being left out are, in the main, not his signing, young, or lost their place through injury.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Re the number and form of Cotteril's players, Indeed. Although to play devil's advocate 5 of his players were also in the team at Preston and were underperforming last season until LJ took over. Quite  a few LJ / MA players played in the Huddersfield win too and nearly half (!) on Saturday.

However I'm really not trying to be an antagonistic smart arse, what I meant by my original comment was I have no idea who is good or bad anymore. I'm just pleased we seem to have done enough to stay up!

On 22/04/2017 at 23:21, robin_unreliant said:

We should never have been in this mess in the first place! We are, imo, because LJ isn't capable of getting the best out of a decent squad of players. My feeling is that the players have seen the abyss yawning before them and dug in to avoid armageddon. LJ seems to me to be the root cause of our under-performance in mid-season and I suspect the improvement is little to do with him. I would still have more confidence for next season if he went and we brought in a manager with a proven track record at this level.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people like you are happy to blame him for any defeats yet when we win he gets zero praise for that win? 

Sounds like #gaslogic to me.

Archived