IGNORED

Steve Lansdown's decision...

Redtucks

Just an observation….....

Many on here a few weeks ago felt that Lee Johnson should be sacked and a majority of them called for Steve Lansdown to go and get Gary Rowett.

Steve Lansdown stuck with what he had, and Derby County employed Gary Rowett instead.

Since then Derby have played 7 games, won 3, drew 2 and lost 2, gaining 11 points, scoring 11 and conceding 12.

They have not won in their last 3 games.

During the same time Bristol City have played 7 games, won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2, gaining 13 points, scoring 13 and conceding 12.

We have not lost in our last 4 games.

As I said, just an observation!

Just now, Redtucks said:

Many on here a few weeks ago felt that Lee Johnson should be sacked and a majority of them called for Steve Lansdown to go and get Gary Rowett.

Steve Lansdown stuck with what he had, and Derby County employed Gary Rowett instead.

Since then Derby have played 7 games, won 3, drew 2 and lost 2, gaining 11 points, scoring 11 and conceding 12.

During the same time Bristol City have played 7 games, won 4, drawn 1 and lost 2, gaining 13 points, scoring 13 and conceding 12.

We were lucky Redtucks :)  ........ Just an observation :)

5 minutes ago, Dorset_Cider said:

Now that is funny Cynic :)   ......... how are you doing by the way......

love and respect from

Dorset_Cider

So you would have preferred he'd sacked LJ and that we'd not stayed up.  18 points from the last 10 games is play off form.  What's not to like about that.

12 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

It depends. I think one can argue that with the money made available we should not have been in a relegation battle. LJ has a huge question mark hanging over him still and it is crucial he brings in established experienced players in the summer and keeps things consistent. If we have a poor start it will get the fans against him and a Millen esque situation. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Has anyone thought of the fact, Johnson is one of those managers that can get a team out of a pickle? He did for us last season, hes done it again this season... The rest of the season though, is a huge question mark, cos he had bad bad run here and also at Barnsley.

Good point. I'm back on side with LJ asfter the finih to the season. But these "runs" do worry me. He keeps saying himself that he is young and learning, hope this is the case and LJ can be a success in the end

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Godd point. I'm basck on side with LJ asfter the finih to the season. But these "runs" do worry me. He keeps saying himself that he is young and learning, hope this is the case and LJ can be a success in the end

success in the end........ just not with us thankfully?

Just now, Dorset_Cider said:

success in the end........ just not with us thankfully?

No problem, but back in the real world.. who do you want as BCFC manager?

Believe me, i've argued for the getting rid off LJ side..  just cannot see the point in bashing the guy now. We stayed up. lets go again next season. no one, in all honesty can write him off for next season yet.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

uh, meaning?

We have a head coach that has to do as he's told.  He has no real power on the direction of the club.

It would be nice if all those with an SL and LJ love in actually understood the structure of a football club, both financially and in the way the management structure works.

Not aiming this at you @AppyDAZE btw, I just wish people would take more time to understand what's happening.  I include myself in that by the way as I need to look at the submitted accounts properly.

Now is this topic about LJ proving everybody wrong,  MA being proved right given players he helped recruit are now performing, or is everything still crap?

not taking the Michael, still not sure about LJ having previously thought his time was up, but now not quite so sure.

sometimes things in life are grey rather than black and white.........or red and white of course

Just an observation , I wanted Johnson out and to some extent I still do But after the turnaround we have had and the players obviously giving there all for him, I am humble enough to give him at least 2 games next season before I call for his head again :@)))

18 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Now is this topic about LJ proving everybody wrong,  MA being proved right given players he helped recruit are now performing, or is everything still crap?

not taking the Michael, still not sure about LJ having previously thought his time was up, but now not quite so sure.

sometimes things in life are grey rather than black and white.........or red and white of course

**** it, go the whole hog, join me and give the guy some praise. no one can ever be really sure about a manager. THIS IS FOOTBALL.  But, he came good when it counted  at least that's my view

Archived