IGNORED

Derrick Williams

Septic Peg

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not for me - some comments I've read on their forum -  think Blackburn fans would happily send him back tho !!! 

Nor me. Joe is gradually becoming that better left back , and he's always a real threat coming forward. more coaching/ driling for Joe and maybe that could be his best position. didnt really think id say this but yeah

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

If Blackburn go down, might it be worth a cheeky punt to see if we can persuade him back? Would give Golbourne some competition and stop LJ sticking Bryan at LB...

When I seen this title thread I was worried you wanted a testimonial for him!

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

If Blackburn go down, might it be worth a cheeky punt to see if we can persuade him back? Would give Golbourne some competition and stop LJ sticking Bryan at LB...

Would give Golbourne competition for what?? Slicing the half time oranges??!!

I'm not sure he is a top end 3rd tier defender, let alobe 2nd tier.

He was good enough in our champions winning side (although I didn't feel comfortable with him at the back even then) he hardly had anything to do. He got shown up as soon as he had to do some regular defending.

As I'm fairly sure will be proved at some point over the next couple games Blackburn are a league 1 club with league 1 players.

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Really? He's currently leading in their vote for player of the year.

Tbf you are right , I see he is , albeit in a vote that understandably very few have bothered to participate in 

When you read their comments Williams isn't heavily criticised but receives little praise either 

Sort of sums him up for me , decent lad , honest , committed & steady but just missing that little bit extra

Archived