IGNORED

I love my Flinter

Week in week out the old boy does the business for me.

Long legs, last ditch tackles and never gets beat in the air. 

A Swindon ***** who I used to drink with said we paid to much money for him £300 your joking right.

Today at 2-2  up he pops and we're jumping around like idiots again

Flinter  your the best of the bunch mate.

£300k and your in league two you mugs

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Has his limitations but gives it his all and has many qualities

Cant help but love him

And you will go a long way to see a centre half attack a corner and plant one in the top corner as well as he did today 

Wouldnt seem the same side without him

If he will have me I'm thinking of leaving the Mrs for him

Yep.  Makes the odd howler and has his limitations but points, shouts, drives forward, pulls the net in frustration when the ball hits the bar or just goes over, holds his head or thumps the ground when a chance is missed; got to love the guy.

Pleased for him today.  Worth every penny of the modest amount paid.

Had to smile at the end mind, LJ trying to reach up and him trying to reach down for a mutual celebratory hug.  Made I chuckle.

18 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

I have to admit he's one of my favourites as well. I personally feel there are a lot of teams in the championship who'd love to have him in their side. 

and yet some seem to think he's not up to it (forgotten your name btw the one who said Bailey Wright is 10 times the player)

Flint is a BCFC through and through he gives it all and scores goals , some cheeky that Sky sports even mention. I agree, if we decided he's not good enough I bet he'd go to another rival in the Chsmp. same as Pack btw

Impossible not to love him. Still suspect his cult status and goals perhaps mean he gets away with a little more than other players do, but nonetheless still rightly one of the first names on the team sheet. His bullet header yesterday will surely go down as one of the greatest moments in a season without many contenders!

9 hours ago, Float'n Over said:

Yep.  Makes the odd howler and has his limitations but points, shouts, drives forward, pulls the net in frustration when the ball hits the bar or just goes over, holds his head or thumps the ground when a chance is missed; got to love the guy.

Pleased for him today.  Worth every penny of the modest amount paid.

Had to smile at the end mind, LJ trying to reach up and him trying to reach down for a mutual celebratory hug.  Made I chuckle.

yes, he was so desperate to score/win, punching the net when it didn't go in. Just love him! He certainly gives his all. :superman:

9 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

If he will have me I'm thinking of leaving the Mrs for him

He belongs to @Dollymarie:yes:

Tbf, it didn't work out for him at Swindon. Some clubs and players just don't gel. So he moved up the road and everything clicked into place. My son adores him and still has his birthday card that Dolls got him to write out!

I was sure he would score yesterday after he got free at the very first corner we had. I don't think I have seen him get such clean runs at the ball at this level, it was bound to pay off. His reaction when Tammy put that chance over at the far post, when he was coming in behind him  was frightening! my mate said I think he will go mad if he scores and he certainly did!

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Aston Villa keeping tabs on Aden Flint . Around 5 million. Alan Nixon Sun . Here we go again 

Villa continue to underachieve - why would he want to go there - has never struck me as a guy to chase the bucks - would be amazed if he opted to leave us for that shower.

That said good luck Villa today v Birmingham  :P

Just now, Redstart said:

Villa continue to underachieve - why would he want to go there - has never struck me as a guy to chase the bucks - would be amazed if he opted to leave us for that shower.

That said good luck Villa today v Birmingham  :P

Well I hope he stays. But in my eyes villa are a huge club 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hmmmm

Could see that - have a feeling we might lose him this summer

I don't think so. I think it would be more like £7m and tbf, Flint has not long signed an extension. Would be worried for the Jan 2018 and Summer 2018 window though.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

I don't think so. I think it would be more like £7m and tbf, Flint has not long signed an extension. Would be worried for the Jan 2018 and Summer 2018 window though.

I see him as 'hungry' though Peg and he would surely be off in an instant if a Prem Club took a punt or even a Big Club threatening promotion from Championship - Villa are an obvious example and within a couple of seasons will get themselves out IMHO , or could we have hung onto him if Newcastle had come in for him at the start of this season ?

Not so sure

If we were progressing on the pitch and had a Preston or Huddersfield type season we'd be in a stronger position to hang onto him and our better players 

Another struggle may mean one or two players may think it could be a time to move ,if the right opportunity arises , just how football is

Flint may only get one chance at a 'big' move - he's not a 20yr old just breaking through , and has backed himself through his rise upwards - Think the challenge would appeal to him more than the ££££

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I see him as 'hungry' though Peg and he would surely be off in an instant if a Prem Club took a punt or even a Big Club threatening promotion from Championship - Villa are an obvious example and within a couple of seasons will get themselves out IMHO , or could we have hung onto him if Newcastle had come in for him at the start of this season ?

Not so sure

If we were progressing on the pitch and had a Preston or Huddersfield type season we'd be in a stronger position to hang onto him and our better players 

Another struggle may mean one or two players may think it could be a time to move ,if the right opportunity arises , just how football is

Flint may only get one chance at a 'big' move - he's not a 20yr old just breaking through , and has backed himself through his rise upwards - Think the challenge would appeal to him more than the ££££

Will give you that. If Newky had come calling last summer, he'd be gone faster than Ian Holloway down the Atyeo tunnel.

Maybe Boro if they come down. Would have suggested Sunny too but they are in debt to the hilt. Norwich and Huddersfield possibilities too. Can't imagine he'd go for Villa though just because the club is a shambles. Unless they sort it this summer window, I'd expect them to be struggling mid table again next year. Oh and Grealish is gonna be gone this window. Possibly Kodj too. The big Prem boys will come knocking I don't doubt.

Archived