IGNORED

Survival : who's renewing then?

CyderInACan

Maybe we could organise Blue plaques to be scattered around Ashton Gate with the names of those who'd like to point score? "John Smith believes he's better than other fans". 

We're all happy we stayed up but we're far from wiping the slate clean and accepting our manager. 

If LJ gets us promoted next year we won't be in pain, we'll be delighted. But you have to draw your own conclusions about what is likely for next season. 

Well done to anyone who wanted to make a stand in their own way because they believe it's best for the club in the long run.

Open and constructive dialogue with the club is hard to come by so there are bound to be a variety of ways in which people wish to get their point across.

LJ out. 

Well said Cotswold Red, I'm delighted we retained our championship status but with LJ in charge I am not optimistic for next season.

credit where credit due, he gave us a great glimpse at a truly gifted player that we all have enjoyed, Tammy Abraham.

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

Absolutely. I renewed yesterday - lost my original seat too, but have moved to one four seats away.

That's what I don't understand. Why did you lose your seat? Have we got that many new season ticket holders when only 65% of existing had renewed? Is it a form of punishment from the club to give away those seats to the very few new season ticket holders we would have attracted?

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That's what I don't understand. Why did you lose your seat? Have we got that many new season ticket holders when only 65% of existing had renewed? Is it a form of punishment from the club to give away those seats to the very few new season ticket holders we would have attracted?

I would imagine it's existing season ticket holders moving seats as well.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Missed the deadline and someone else nabbed his seat. 

Thats why it's best to renew early.........

But also very unfair to be forced into a decision to buy, at a point when you don't know what you're  buying.

28 minutes ago, cummins17 said:

I am probaly the most superstitious City fan you are most likely to ever meet, and I will not feel anywhere near confortable until we are mathematically safe, but does anyone else feel like we are not safe yet? 

I'm taking nothing for granted until it is a mathematical certainty. It would take a freak set of results but freak results do happen. That said I expect to be celebrating confirmed safety at 5pm next Saturday.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I'm taking nothing for granted until it is a mathematical certainty. It would take a freak set of results but freak results do happen. That said I expect to be celebrating confirmed safety at 5pm next Saturday.

Completley agree mate, the championship has to be the craziest league in world football for freak results. So defiently dont think we are safe until the maths say so. Also history tells us we don't have the greatest track record against Brighton, so think we might get a stuffing there. 

I have bought a season ticket for the first time in 40+ years, 1. Because I can afford it, 2. I can now attend regularly now my children are older, 3. I have a feeling our club will have a much better season in 2017/18

Those who have decided not to take up their seats next year as a form of protest against LJ and SL may rue that decision but like them I was concerned at our mid season form and left my decision until last Thursday to get a season ticket.

There has been a lot of words written both for and against certain club officials, I have heard it all before over the years but one thing I can't get out of my system is the love I have for my club who I have supported in far darker days of the 80s and perhaps I realise how lucky we are as opposed to those younger fans who don't 

1 minute ago, cummins17 said:

Completley agree mate, the championship has to be the craziest league in world football for freak results. So defiently dont think we are safe until the maths say so. Also history tells us we don't have the greatest track record against Brighton, so think we might get a stuffing there. 

We're safe. 

Even if or when Brighton stuff us we're 17th now.  No way will all the other teams get the results they need...

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe we could organise Blue plaques to be scattered around Ashton Gate with the names of those who'd like to point score? "John Smith believes he's better than other fans". 

We're all happy we stayed up but we're far from wiping the slate clean and accepting our manager. 

If LJ gets us promoted next year we won't be in pain, we'll be delighted. But you have to draw your own conclusions about what is likely for next season. 

Well done to anyone who wanted to make a stand in their own way because they believe it's best for the club in the long run.

Open and constructive dialogue with the club is hard to come by so there are bound to be a variety of ways in which people wish to get their point across.

LJ out

I think LJ deserves credit for getting us playing well when things mattered, but I do kind of get this attitude. I don't hope they get rid of him, but I do hope that the board sits down and has an honest and open discussion about whether LJ is the right man to lead us forward

i don't live in Bristol so I have no season ticket to renew. But i have some very near away games (Sheff Utd is a 25 minute walk from my house, past some excellent pubs) so I certainly have renewed enthusiasm for watching when I can next season

I think I'm going to give it a miss next season. May pop along for the odd game but after all the crap on the pitch, and the dictatorship going on at board (what board) level I've had enough. Add in the lack of atmosphere I found myself bored at times, even when we were winning. Think it was the Burton game when I sensed it. A massive massive game and when we won that penalty I could barely  get excited by it. I haven't been since and haven't missed it in the slightest. I may change my mind when the summer is ending and need my football fix, but I doubt it. Add the fact I'm getting married in December every penny counts.

I prey the same mistakes arnt made next season but don't hold much hope for that.

55 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not sure it would take a massively freakish set of results tbh. 

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Come on, be brave enough to admit you'd prevaricated; name and shame yourself!

Had told myself after 20 years, convinced myself was going just pay on the day next year, as with 3 kids and not making it to every game, having a season ticket doesn't make much financial sence.

Then kept getting bombarded with emails and renewed on Friday.

Now just need to pluck up courage to tell wife.

18 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

Fairly routine set of results, I'd say. If Brighton need to beat us to clinch the title, could see us shipping 4, 5 or 6. Say Blackburn beat Villa by 2 or 3. Not too freakish given our recent effort at Deepdale.

Defiently not over yet, certainly dosent help Villa and Birmingham being bitter rivals. I don't think Villa will be trying too hard against Blackburn 

Just now, cummins17 said:

Defiently not over yet, certainly dosent help Villa and Birmingham being bitter rivals. I don't think Villa will be trying too hard against Blackburn 

If Brum lose today they will come to AG needing a result........that'll make the game even more interesting.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It matters how good the seat is and where it is?

Im in lower dolman middle seats so pay extra but I'm on the end of E30 furthest from half way line so I only just qualify for the extra price by a few feet.

Ideally I would like to move closer half way and get what I'm paying for but every year I have to assess do I risk losing my seats by waiting until the "free for all" in an attempt to get better ones.

Every year I don't take the risk so renew in time but if my current seats were not that great then I would definitely wait and steal in !!

Point being it is probably current S/T holders grabbing the best seats than newbies - possibly !!

Archived