IGNORED

Survival : who's renewing then?

CyderInACan

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

That's what I don't understand. Why did you lose your seat? Have we got that many new season ticket holders when only 65% of existing had renewed? Is it a form of punishment from the club to give away those seats to the very few new season ticket holders we would have attracted?

To be fair 65% renewal was said by lansdown two weeks ago before the Wolves game , I would imagine that figure is a lot higher by now , lots on here saying renewed in the last week / days including me and mine .

Well we appear to be safe baring a total meltdown in the last two games. Now we can't renew existing season tickets, does anyone know when they will put season tickets back on sale. Our club doe's not make life easy for existing season ticket holders waiting to see what division we will be playing in. Why take season ticket renewal of just as we appear to retain Championship status. If things don't work out and LJ is sacked Xmas will it be another season battling relegation.

54 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Well we appear to be safe baring a total meltdown in the last two games. Now we can't renew existing season tickets, does anyone know when they will put season tickets back on sale. Our club doe's not make life easy for existing season ticket holders waiting to see what division we will be playing in. Why take season ticket renewal of just as we appear to retain Championship status. If things don't work out and LJ is sacked Xmas will it be another season battling relegation.

PR / Marketing dept at its best , any one with sense would cash in now saying fans have been great etc so we will extend for one week, come and get them now!

But our geniuses couldn't spot a opportunity if it jumped out at them.

Has nothing to do with loyalty etc , just use the chance to do what you are paid for , sell tickets !

All season tickets renewed amongst our group 

Noone unhappy with the prospect of a full season at the refurbished, comfortable stadium with great pre match and post match facilities, a young team who have returned their performances to winning ways, a coach who sees the games and results as I do, and of course one of the best owners you could ever hope for. The bloke at Brighton excepted, I never read on this forum suggestions of alternative owners; interesting really as I suspect that's the truth, there is no one better equipped, experienced nor wealthy enough to take our club to one that will challenge for promotion some season soon than Steve Lansdown.

Get on and renew fast or ( in the case of some on here) sign up for the first time- you know who you are!!!

8 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I think LJ deserves credit for getting us playing well when things mattered, but I do kind of get this attitude. I don't hope they get rid of him, but I do hope that the board sits down and has an honest and open discussion about whether LJ is the right man to lead us forward

i don't live in Bristol so I have no season ticket to renew. But i have some very near away games (Sheff Utd is a 25 minute walk from my house, past some excellent pubs) so I certainly have renewed enthusiasm for watching when I can next season

So you think he deserves credit for getting us out of the mess he put us in ? 

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Basically yes. You can't lambast the man for the bad run while not giving some credit for the good. That would make us Barnsley fans

The board need to decide which is the real LJ and which LJ we're likely to get next season 

7 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

PR / Marketing dept at its best , any one with sense would cash in now saying fans have been great etc so we will extend for one week, come and get them now!

But our geniuses couldn't spot a opportunity if it jumped out at them.

Has nothing to do with loyalty etc , just use the chance to do what you are paid for , sell tickets !

I'm pretty sure this will be announced tomorrow. Don't early bird deadlines usually get extended..? 

@Mkelly surely this is the best way to sway the remaining "undecided" existing season ticket holders..? 

1 extra week and then wack the prices up. 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm pretty sure this will be announced tomorrow. Don't early bird deadlines usually get extended..? 

@Mkelly surely this is the best way to sway the remaining "undecided" existing season ticket holders..? 

1 extra week and then wack the prices up. 

Well I hope so have sent an email to Mark Ashton waiting on a reply Strange that when we appear safe season ticket sales are suspended. As other members have said its a leap in the dark to buy season tickets when you don't know what you are buying. 

4 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Well I hope so have sent an email to Mark Ashton waiting on a reply Strange that when we appear safe season ticket sales are suspended. As other members have said its a leap in the dark to buy season tickets when you don't know what you are buying. 

That's no different to usual, at most clubs. I've no problem with people who are willing to commit getting the best prices. They should. 

However, as a gesture, I hope they now extend it by 1 week. Boost the sales and anyone waiting beyond that time know full well that they will be paying more and what division we will be in. (Bar an utter disaster!!) 

On 23/04/2017 at 10:38, boatman said:

Had told myself after 20 years, convinced myself was going just pay on the day next year, as with 3 kids and not making it to every game, having a season ticket doesn't make much financial sence.

Then kept getting bombarded with emails and renewed on Friday.

Now just need to pluck up courage to tell wife.

Hi Boatman, 

It's your boss here, just letting you know I've roped you in to do overtime every other Saturday starting August and finishing May, I have also signed you up for the late shift some Tuesday nights. 

Thanks and continue your hard work

PS. You can pick and choose your Saturday shift to suit you 

18 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do and would argue that the mess we were in wasn't 100% down to mismanagement. Sure, a slice of it was down to LJ with him tinkering with the team and filling the squad with uncertainty but once he found a regular starting 11 and stuck with a 4-4-2 results have picked up.

24 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

You do know what you're buying though. A ticket that gives you entrance to Ashton Gate for 23 football matches.

Perhaps I am getting this wrong but one possible solution could have been...

• Early bird season tickets to the date it was- fine.
  • Key thing- end early bird price rates but keep the seat open to the existing user until seasons end. This doesn't seem to have happened?
  • Reassess pricing if the worst happens and club goes down- offer those who renewed taking the plunge some reward.

People stay in the same places for years, get a feel for the people around them, favourite part of ground etc,. I think they would be more inclined to pay more i.e. the normal rates after a certain date for the same seat than less for a seat away from people they go with, know down there. Maybe I am wrong though. Would it have been worth it from an economic pov? Goodwill as well maybe- in theory you could go 10 years and more, be unsure about renewing and lose seat!

4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I'd renew today but can't 

Pretty pIssed off my seat was taken off me before the season has finished though

Im sure this is the case with quite a few on here 

Yes we wanted to renew today did not know/forget Friday cut off. Boo Hoo 

Archived