IGNORED

Survival : who's renewing then?

CyderInACan

On 23/04/2017 at 09:27, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Not me and after 16 years. 

I fully expect LJ to be sacked by Christmas and I'll be taking up the half season ticket offer. 

Survival is a relief, but after circa £14m spent it's not a success. 

This is a fair enough point/comment/what ever.

So far all the predictions made about LJ/BCFC have been off the mark so maybe making further predictions is a foolhardy thing to do?

Put a placeholder in your calendar and let us all know if you are eating humble pie or go large with 'I told you so'

On 4/23/2017 at 00:44, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe we could organise Blue plaques to be scattered around Ashton Gate with the names of those who'd like to point score? "John Smith believes he's better than other fans". 

We're all happy we stayed up but we're far from wiping the slate clean and accepting our manager. 

If LJ gets us promoted next year we won't be in pain, we'll be delighted. But you have to draw your own conclusions about what is likely for next season. 

Well done to anyone who wanted to make a stand in their own way because they believe it's best for the club in the long run.

Open and constructive dialogue with the club is hard to come by so there are bound to be a variety of ways in which people wish to get their point across.

LJ out. 

CotswoldRed is Spot On! (Even if I say so myself)

This bloody awful season is nearly over....Barring a (reverse) miracle we are safe. Third window coming up!!

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

I do and would argue that the mess we were in wasn't 100% down to mismanagement. Sure, a slice of it was down to LJ with him tinkering with the team and filling the squad with uncertainty but once he found a regular starting 11 and stuck with a 4-4-2 results have picked up.

Exactly Robbo. The blindingly obvious took him a season. It was the tinkering that caused the players to lose faith and the inability to find  a settled team.

As far as mismanagement is concerned there was plenty of blame to go around...Pemberton and Taylor took the fall for all of the managers directors and owners above them. Hey ho, that's football and as you once said, we'll be here long after they are all gone

8 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Hi Boatman, 

It's your boss here, just letting you know I've roped you in to do overtime every other Saturday starting August and finishing May, I have also signed you up for the late shift some Tuesday nights. 

Thanks and continue your hard work

PS. You can pick and choose your Saturday shift to suit you 

This isn't a million miles as away from truth...

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Latest update is 11,500 Sold so far. Back on sale May 15th

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/season-card-sales-reach-11500-3692621.aspx

Key "nod to the forum" line for me in that is that;

The current figure of 11,500 season cards for 2017/18 represents 95% of the sales recorded at the same period last year.

which suggests those not renewing - very vocally - are somewhat of a minority in the eyes of our club. 

I would be amazed if they are the true numbers and not spin by the club.Not having a go at anyone but so many people have said to me they are picking there games after the season we have had,but the biggest problem I have is I don't believe anything bristol sport says anymore

11 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Key "nod to the forum" line for me in that is that;

The current figure of 11,500 season cards for 2017/18 represents 95% of the sales recorded at the same period last year.

which suggests those not renewing - very vocally - are somewhat of a minority in the eyes of our club. 

Those figures just shows what a waste of time it is listening to the forum which is something I already knew!

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

I would be amazed if they are the true numbers and not spin by the club.Not having a go at anyone but so many people have said to me they are picking there games after the season we have had,but the biggest problem I have is I don't believe anything bristol sport says anymore

I wouldn't believe all those people who say they are picking their games. I hear it from several people after a bad season and they still end up renewing....Its too addictive!

8 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I said until last Thursday that I would pick games but at £357 for an old Kodjia, who could resist, call me an old softie and I gave in on the Friday and moved back 13 rows in W17. Benefits ?    wont get wet now if it rains :badmood:

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Possibly the most stupid post I've read on here this week. 

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

You make Bristol Sport sound like a Soviet Propaganda Machine.

I'm struggling to think of times when Bristol Sport have lied in their public statements. Any chance of reminding us what they have done to make themselves so untrustworthy?

Just now, richwwtk said:

You make Bristol Sport sound like a Soviet Propaganda Machine.

I'm struggling to think of times when Bristol Sport have lied in their public statements. Any chance of reminding us what they have done to make themselves so untrustworthy?

Have a look under the Landsdown stand that scares me the first impression people get of our club is everything to do with a 2nd class rugby club .A bristol fan I was talking to told me more about what they were going to do with the ground and there new training centre than I knew after going down Ashton gate for 45 years

6 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Have a look under the Landsdown stand that scares me the first impression people get of our club is everything to do with a 2nd class rugby club .A bristol fan I was talking to told me more about what they were going to do with the ground and there new training centre than I knew after going down Ashton gate for 45 years

That doesn't answer the question. 

8 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

The whole point of Bristol Sport is to promote sport in the city in general. As a result, Ashton Gate is the present home of the rugby club as well as Bristol City. The people in the concourse of the Lansdown are Bristol City fans at football matches and Bristol Rugby fans at their games. Nobody is going to get confused over what they are there for. Is making it feel a little bit like home for the rugby fans too much to ask?

I'm not a rugby fan at all, but I do wish the rugby club every success. To call them 2nd class doesn't seem very fair. I suspect that, within their sport, they have been more successful than City have ever been.

And you've still not explained what they have done to make you disbelieve everything they say to the extent you believe they are fabricating ST sales?

23 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Maybe your rugby fan friend just reads more.

What impression would someone get on entering the South Stand?

3 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

so many on here? Just goes to show what this forum is worth

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 12:38, Rossi the Robin said:

I'd renew today but can't 

Pretty pIssed off my seat was taken off me before the season has finished though

Im sure this is the case with quite a few on here 

so why didn't renew earlier at a decent price?

Just now, iamsober said:

so why didn't renew earlier at a decent price?

Maybe he wasn't in a position to renew earlier, maybe he was waiting to see what division we would be in, could be many things.

I do find it strange though, that at the exact time we are ensuring Championship football next season you cannot buy a ST for three weeks! I suspect a reasonable number of sales will be lost because of that.

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

inMaybe he wasn't in a position to renew earlier, maybe he was waiting to see what division we would be in, could be many things.

I do find it strange though, that at the exact time we are ensuring Championship football next season you cannot buy a ST for three weeks! I suspect a reasonable number of sales will be lost because of that.

I doubt it. And if he was waiting for which division we were going to be in I would question whether he is a proper fan!

Archived