IGNORED

Survival : who's renewing then?

CyderInACan

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:39, Robbored said:

I do and would argue that the mess we were in wasn't 100% down to mismanagement. Sure, a slice of it was down to LJ with him tinkering with the team and filling the squad with uncertainty but once he found a regular starting 11 and stuck with a 4-4-2 results have picked up.

took a while though. just about saved his reputation.

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

The whole point of Bristol Sport is to promote sport in the city in general. As a result, Ashton Gate is the present home of the rugby club as well as Bristol City. The people in the concourse of the Lansdown are Bristol City fans at football matches and Bristol Rugby fans at their games. Nobody is going to get confused over what they are there for. Is making it feel a little bit like home for the rugby fans too much to ask?

I'm not a rugby fan at all, but I do wish the rugby club every success. To call them 2nd class doesn't seem very fair. I suspect that, within their sport, they have been more successful than City have ever been.

And you've still not explained what they have done to make you disbelieve everything they say to the extent you believe they are fabricating ST sales?

we will soon find out if they are lying, they will look a bit stupid next season if the ground is nearly empty.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

we will soon find out if they are lying, they will look a bit stupid next season if the ground is nearly empty.

There was a time when the announced attendance was regularly questioned by the crowd as being somewhat suspect, but I doubt they would lie about a revenue stream as strong as season ticket sales that will be audited etc. 

Even if it's overstated by say 10% the numbers are still decent. 

9 hours ago, iamsober said:

so why didn't renew earlier at a decent price?

Me and my mate decided on principle to not buy until champ football secured - we werent prepared to do L1 under Johnson 

We've hated most of this season, bored out of our minds and at the time could see L1 being much the same

Dont think I would get much buzz out of walking L1 anyway 

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Me and my mate decided on principle to not buy until champ football secured - we werent prepared to do L1 under Johnson 

We've hated most of this season, bored out of our minds and at the time could see L1 being much the same

Dont think I would get much buzz out of walking L1 anyway 

Bored..? However bad we (or good, at some points of the season) things have been, there have only been very few boring games. Frustrating, painful, gutting, yes. But rarely has this season been boring. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bored..? However bad we (or good, at some points of the season) things have been, there have only been very few boring games. Frustrating, painful, gutting, yes. But rarely has this season been boring. 

Boring = poor attacking football, no ideas going forward, no width

Plus the frustrating, painful and gutting 

12 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

You say that RtR but I saw a table of goal attempts and we were 5th behind the top 3 and Wednesday IIRC. Yes, I was shocked by that stat too! we were one of the poorest on attempts on our goal which is a real concern. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: This isn't the one I saw previously but it's similar.

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shotsontarget

12 hours ago, richwwtk said:

The whole point of Bristol Sport is to promote sport in the city in general. As a result, Ashton Gate is the present home of the rugby club as well as Bristol City. The people in the concourse of the Lansdown are Bristol City fans at football matches and Bristol Rugby fans at their games. Nobody is going to get confused over what they are there for. Is making it feel a little bit like home for the rugby fans too much to ask?

I'm not a rugby fan at all, but I do wish the rugby club every success. To call them 2nd class doesn't seem very fair. I suspect that, within their sport, they have been more successful than City have ever been.

And you've still not explained what they have done to make you disbelieve everything they say to the extent you believe they are fabricating ST sales?

If City ever have the status in the wider game of the rugby club then we will be doing something right for once.

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Without looking, haven't only about 7 teams in the Championship scored more goals than us this season..?

4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Define 'proper fan'?

My definition is a fan who goes to every competitive City game possible both home and away and buys a SC if fpersonel finances allow.

A super fan is someone who goes to every game both home and away including friendlies and buys a SC if even if they have to borrow the money.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My definition is a fan who goes to every competitive City game possible both home and away and buys a SC if fpersonel finances allow.

A super fan is someone who goes to every game both home and away including friendlies and buys a SC if even if they have to borrow the money.

Cries when team loses, punches a horse if relegated 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

You go to most away games do you ?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

my definition of a fan is someone who likes and takes an interest in a club, a supporter is somebody who attends games whether home or away or both, and actually makes a financial contribution to the club.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

.A super fan is someone who goes to every game both home and away including friendlies and buys a SC if even if they have to borrow the money.

This season that's a ******* masochist!

Archived