IGNORED

£300k

CyderInACan

Seems a bargain now.

sometimes you forget exactly HOW MUCH of a bargain certain players were though. 

I'm pretty sure Sir Alan Frazier Walsh cost an equally measly £18k nigh on a thirty year ago mind. 

Any other bargain buys that have had an impact like that? 

5 hours ago, redsapper said:

It's worth the 300,000 to keep Rovers in Division 1

Hahaha... Us losing Taylor to you never cost us promotion.We have gained as many points without him as we did with him since he moved to you with a game left to play.Taylor was a cog in our team - a very good one I must admit,but him leaving never destoryed our team like it did when we lost Ellington, Hayles , Roberts, Lambert  etc.. over the years.

Matty scored goals for us this season,but Lord he misses shed loads as you have/will find out. What is it 1 in 15 ? He will be a decent squad player for you.

In all honestly we should had at least made the playoffs this season. It was possibly the strongest ever league one, but our away form has been awlful which has cost us, but this bolds well for next season. 2 or 3 quality new players and we should have a good un next season.

Just now, icegas said:

Hahaha... Us losing Taylor to you never cost us promotion.We have gained as many points without him as we did with him since he moved to you with a game left to play.Taylor was a cog in our team - a very good one I must admit,but him leaving never destoryed our team like it did when we lost Ellington, Hayles , Roberts, Lambert  etc.. over the years.

Matty scored goals for us this season,but Lord he misses shed loads as you have/will find out. What is it 1 in 15 ? He will be a decent squad player for you.

In all honestly we should had at least made the playoffs this season. It was possibly the strongest ever league one, but our away form has been awlful which has cost us, but this bolds well for next season. 2 or 3 quality new players and we should have a good un next season.

Looking how your season has panned out are you seriously telling me Taylor wouldn't have got you those few extra points to push you over the line?

Pound for pound, Taylor must be one of the best value purchases in the Championship this season. I thought he was excellent yesterday - he didn't look out of place in the Championship. If Tammy is worth, what, £15m (?) then relatively speaking Taylor looked like a £3-4m player. Forgotting the Rovers aspect, an outstanding bit of business from the club.

10 minutes ago, icegas said:

Perhaps being completely shit away from home, where you don't get half as many penalties and play against ten men so often is the real reason then, eh?

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Looking how your season has panned out are you seriously telling me Taylor wouldn't have got you those few extra points to push you over the line?

Ok, fair point.There are different ways of looking at it or spinning it.Imho what we lacked in order to have gained promotion this season we lacked when we still had him at the Mem and DC was saying this from December.But yes, given how our season planned out he could well have got us over the line.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Perhaps being completely shit away from home, where you don't get half as many penalties and play against ten men so often is the real reason then, eh?

Sir, what are you rambling on about on this early on a church morning..

7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Seems a bargain now.

sometimes you forget exactly HOW MUCH of a bargain certain players were though. 

I'm pretty sure Sir Alan Frazier Walsh cost an equally measly £18k nigh on a thirty year ago mind. 

Any other bargain buys that have had an impact like that? 

Walshy was a bargain. However Iirc Tommy Docherty who was at the tribunal for another case told TC - tell them you only want Walsh not the whole Darlington team.

27 minutes ago, icegas said:

It was possibly the strongest ever league one

Not even close.

Just look at the top eight and bottom five/six - the likes of Fleetwood and Rochdale are competing to exit the league upwards, while there are enough clubs with financial and off-field issues wrecking any chance of progress to fill the bottom four twice over.

Even 'big' clubs up the top have hardly been throwing their weight around - Bolton haven't paid a fee for a player and still struggle to pay all their bills, yet they look a decent bet for promotion.  And the less said about the shambles that is Chartlon the better, with MK Dons having the biggest relegation hangover since... well, we were down there last.

"strongest ever" - Ridiculous.  

If that was the case, why have Sheffield United finally simply walked out after years of struggling?  The likes of 13/14 saw Wolves, Sheffield United, Brentford, Preston, Us, plus those sides like Bradford, MK Dons and Walsall that are still there; this year isn't even close to being as competitive.

You've done well on an absolute shoe-strong: stings me to acknowledge that, but acknowledge it I will.

But you must know deep down that unless your mega-rich super-owner actually sinks real money in, your best players (not to mention your manager) are getting pinched this summer, and those 'quality' additions you mention are not coming.

You missed an opportunity this year, as a weak league and your momentum gave you a chance; no point kidding yourselves otherwise - will just make next year harder.

12 minutes ago, icegas said:

Ok, fair point.There are different ways of looking at it or spinning it.Imho what we lacked in order to have gained promotion this season we lacked when we still had him at the Mem and DC was saying this from December.But yes, given how our season planned out he could well have got us over the line.

He's scored 2 in 13 with 7 starts. I've been impressed with his performances and Tammy has benefited having him as a partner. Good season for the gas though Ice

5 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

He's scored 2 in 13 with 7 starts. I've been impressed with his performances and Tammy has benefited having him as a partner. Good season for the gas though Ice

I always said Taylor's overall game is of championship standard.I said that to friends even when he was not scoring in our conference season.Him working with Marcus Stewart improved his finishing with us, it remains to be seen if any coach at your club can take him to that next level as I have little doubt that his overall game is good enough for a championship club.

From an outsiders point of view, you would had been down if it wasn't for Tammy, so it will be interesting to see who you will replace him with next season as Taylor will not get you the goals TA has.

50 minutes ago, icegas said:

Nice story bro. Screenshot_20170423-083206.thumb.jpg.502488e9dfaf22aeb8e6432e322b2156.jpg

Archived