IGNORED

£300k

CyderInACan

15 minutes ago, icegas said:

I always said Taylor's overall game is of championship standard.I said that to friends even when he was not scoring in our conference season.Him working with Marcus Stewart improved his finishing with us, it remains to be seen if any coach at your club can take him to that next level as I have little doubt that his overall game is good enough for a championship club.

From an outsiders point of view, you would had been down if it wasn't for Tammy, so it will be interesting to see who you will replace him with next season as Taylor will not get you the goals TA has.

Tammys absence next season is a worry but at least we know that LJ and Ashton will be searching to find another starlet at PL clubs and/or abroad. Kodjia came from France  and Hegeler and Geifer from Germany so obviously City have scouts in Europe.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tammys absence next season is a worry but at least we know that LJ and Ashton will be searching to find another starlet at PL clubs and/or abroad. Kodjia came from France  and Hegeler and Geifer from Germany so obviously City have scouts in Europe.

I thought that scout had now left. Des Taylor

2 minutes ago, screech said:

I thought that scout had now left. Des Taylor

Was Taylor at the club when Kodjia was discovered? I honestly can't remember when he joined City.

Anyway......I'm sure MA would have filled that particular vacancy.

8 hours ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Thought Mark Shail was not a bad signing for 40k.

Although Basso for nowt was good business.

Nick Carle bought for 500k had him one season sold for a million.

Value for money must be Shaun Taylor or Shaun Goater though 

I think Kodjia was great business bought for £2m and sold for £15m and we lost likely have a sell on clause aswell.

3 hours ago, icegas said:

Hahaha... Us losing Taylor to you never cost us promotion.We have gained as many points without him as we did with him since he moved to you with a game left to play.Taylor was a cog in our team - a very good one I must admit,but him leaving never destoryed our team like it did when we lost Ellington, Hayles , Roberts, Lambert  etc.. over the years.

In all honestly we should had at least made the playoffs this season. It was possibly the strongest ever league one, but our away form has been awlful which has cost us, but this bolds well for next season. 2 or 3 quality new players and we should have a good un next season.

A hell of a lot of your fellow fans think that losing Taylor has cost you Promotion. Gasheads I know tell me that the loan signings you made in January have been instrumental in your good form since then, some have also said that if you'd still had Taylor he would've scored the goals you needed to get you over the line.

From our perspective it was great business because we got a good player relatively cheap and he's contributed to our current position of being on the brink of survival. He hasn't scored many but his presence has created goals.

Im not sure how you've come to the conclusion that this seasons League 1 is possibly the strongest ever? :blink:

Sorry, I'm still not convinced that Taylor is anything other than a squad player, slow of mind, body and anticipation. Missed 2/3 yesterday and no where near MOM Tammy, Patterson, Flint and Joe B way ahead of him. Still have to give him time to acclimatise to Championship

52 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

A hell of a lot of your fellow fans think that losing Taylor has cost you Promotion. Gasheads I know tell me that the loan signings you made in January have been instrumental in your good form since then, some have also said that if you'd still had Taylor he would've scored the goals you needed to get you over the line.

From our perspective it was great business because we got a good player relatively cheap and he's contributed to our current position of being on the brink of survival. He hasn't scored many but his presence has created goals.

Im not sure how you've come to the conclusion that this seasons League 1 is possibly the strongest ever? :blink:

Because it him feel better about ultimately bottling a play off place. :laugh:

3 hours ago, claudehopper said:

Walshy was a bargain. However Iirc Tommy Docherty who was at the tribunal for another case told TC - tell them you only want Walsh not the whole Darlington team.

Darlington had valued him at around 100,000. For TC to only have to pay 18,000 was daylight robbery.....except for us! I think this was our first visit to the newly installed Transfer Tribunal?

Remember the 1986 LDV Final? Bolton’s best player was Mark Gavin who later joined City. Summer 1990; Mark Gavin went to Watford and City received Wayne Allison plus £100,000 and in December 1991 City signed Mark Gavin for a second time at a cost of £65,000.

In recent years it has to be Albert all things considered. What did we pay Barnet, 100k? With the transfer to Boro and the sell on from Villa the percentage on that initial payment has to be around 3000% even allowing for a sell on from us to Barnet.

When you consider that we got bloody good value out of him while he was here which we didn`t with Bolasie he`d be my choice from the last twenty years or so.

Looking back into the history books; Alfie Rowlands, John Atyeo & Billy Wedlock all free.

When Sam Hollins was about to leave Arsenal and become City's manager instead, he persuaded four of the Arsenal first team to join him at AG for nothing other than the honour of playing for Bristol City! All four even agreed to waive any signing on  fee!

Hey; Arsene Wenger is looking for a new challenge in football and they say history repeats itself.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

In recent years it has to be Albert all things considered. What did we pay Barnet, 100k? With the transfer to Boro and the sell on from Villa the percentage on that initial payment has to be around 3000% even allowing for a sell on from us to Barnet.

When you consider that we got bloody good value out of him while he was here which we didn`t with Bolasie he`d be my choice from the last twenty years or so.

…and for being Albert. 

4 hours ago, icegas said:

Hahaha... Us losing Taylor to you never cost us promotion.We have gained as many points without him as we did with him since he moved to you with a game left to play.Taylor was a cog in our team - a very good one I must admit,but him leaving never destoryed our team like it did when we lost Ellington, Hayles , Roberts, Lambert  etc.. over the years.

Matty scored goals for us this season,but Lord he misses shed loads as you have/will find out. What is it 1 in 15 ? He will be a decent squad player for you.

In all honestly we should had at least made the playoffs this season. It was possibly the strongest ever league one, but our away form has been awlful which has cost us, but this bolds well for next season. 2 or 3 quality new players and we should have a good un next season.

Hilarious...

Nowhere near, the early 2000's is where League 1 was a far, far stronger and much more competitive division.

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Hilarious...

Nowhere near, the early 2000's is where League 1 was a far, far stronger and much more competitive division.

I reckon it`s going to be even stronger next year too. Rotherham and Wigan plus possibly Blackburn or Birmingham coming down won`t be easy and Doncaster, Plymouth and Pompey coming up will easily outperform the crap that`s gone down IMO.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I reckon it`s going to be even stronger next year too. Rotherham and Wigan plus possibly Blackburn or Birmingham coming down won`t be easy and Doncaster, Plymouth and Pompey coming up will easily outperform the crap that`s gone down IMO.

True, I think also the Gas will have to strengthen big to compete. This season they have been on the crest of a wave following back to back promotions but can you see the richest man on the planet finding the funds to do this?

54 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Agree.

The three you mention will be competitive, and when you consider that teams like MK Dons have now stabilised and will be back at it, and that only one of Millwall or Bradford are heading up, I think League One will offer a bigger challenge next year (so am glad is is highly unlikely we'll be down there again).

47 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

True, I think also the Gas will have to strengthen big to compete. This season they have been on the crest of a wave following back to back promotions but can you see the richest man on the planet finding the funds to do this?

The acid test of this owner of theirs will be what he does this summer.

Will he invest in the playing staff to keep them competing top half, and thus likely keep their manager sweet enough to avoid the inevitable interest he'll get?

Or will he hope they can coast a little bit further on the team Clarke has built and dragged up the leagues, with more loans thrown in to prop up the inevitable departures (for example the already departed Taylor, and Bodin, who I cannot see sticking around)?

I think the latter, and wouldn't be shocked if their manager is the first out the door when the likes of Wigan, Rotherham or other ambitious teams at the level are looking for a manager.

Wael will have to really show his hand this summer, and I predict the sags will not like what they see...

7 hours ago, icegas said:

Matty scored goals for us this season,but Lord he misses shed loads as you have/will find out. What is it 1 in 15 ? He will be a decent squad player for you.

Well...you did. You didn't score a lot of goals without Taylor. You had Harrison and James up front who are not league 1 quality IMO. If you kept Taylor then you would've definitely made the playoffs. As for your statement about this being the strongest ever league 1 season...your wrong! With Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Bradford and Millwall currently in the top 6 there's no way it's the best ever.

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Albert cost us £350k from Barnet, we sold him for £1m to Boro..

Archived