IGNORED

£300k

CyderInACan

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

In recent years it has to be Albert all things considered. What did we pay Barnet, 100k? With the transfer to Boro and the sell on from Villa the percentage on that initial payment has to be around 3000% even allowing for a sell on from us to Barnet.

When you consider that we got bloody good value out of him while he was here which we didn`t with Bolasie he`d be my choice from the last twenty years or so.

We sold albert for 1.5 million. We certainly didn't get 1.5 from a sell on, seeing as the fee was only 5

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I didn`t think Bolasie went for that much did he? I stand to be corrected but I thought it was a lot less than that and more about him wanting away than us wanting to sell.

I was on about adomah. You said a 3000% markup, suggesting we got 3 million from him. We didnt

Just now, JasonM88 said:

I was on about adomah. You said a 3000% markup, suggesting we got 3 million from him. We didnt

Ah right. I was working that out on getting him for 100k and selling him for 1mil then getting 20% of the 7mil profit Boro made when they sold him to Villa for 8mil.

On that basis the guy `earned` us 2.3mil so overestimated it a bit - should have got me calculator out!

Taylor is absolute quality with is movement and vision. Strong low centre of gravity, changes direction quickly and a nice little bit of power to accelerate out of a tackle. His first touch and finishing do not seem at the same level yet but hopefully that will improve. Best of all to quote SC he seems to be a "Winner". Competitive, level headed and always making something happen. Really hope he can do a great job for us next season particurarly linking up with Patto but we need a big guy to play with him.

I know I live in the past but Jack Connor as a straight swap for a non performing left winger, John McCann, was a great bit of business.

Ten years of solid centre half performances made him a priceless signing.

For our younger members Jack was a yesteryear Aden Flint. Hard, great in the air, never considered a ball player and if centre halves of that era had been allowed to go up for corners, would have done as well as Flinty for goals.

On 23/04/2017 at 11:16, adamski said:

Sorry, I'm still not convinced that Taylor is anything other than a squad player, slow of mind, body and anticipation. Missed 2/3 yesterday and no where near MOM Tammy, Patterson, Flint and Joe B way ahead of him. Still have to give him time to acclimatise to Championship

Strange, I think his anticipation Is one of his major strengths. 

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Ah right. I was working that out on getting him for 100k and selling him for 1mil then getting 20% of the 7mil profit Boro made when they sold him to Villa for 8mil.

On that basis the guy `earned` us 2.3mil so overestimated it a bit - should have got me calculator out!

Apart from the fact that villa bought him for 5 million. 

Archived