IGNORED

one disappointment from yesterday

Port Said Red

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Hearing the Barnsley fans singing "Johnson whats the score?" at 1-2 . It would have been nice if our fans had turned that chant on them at the end and send 'em back to tykeland with that ringing in their ears. :)  

Pretty sure at 3-2 we did ironically chant Johnson what's the score back at them!

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Hearing the Barnsley fans singing "Johnson whats the score?" at 1-2 . It would have been nice if our fans had turned that chant on them at the end and send 'em back to tykeland with that ringing in their ears. :)  

Pretty sure I heard our supporters singing exactly that when we went 3-2 up!

Just now, RedJim said:

Pretty sure I heard our supporters singing exactly that when we went 3-2 up!

Just now, RobArnold10 said:

Pretty sure at 3-2 we did ironically chant Johnson what's the score back at them!

Fair enough, must have missed that in the excitement. 

Just now, Taxi for Johnson said:

One disappointment from yesterday ...........

......... the abject, utterly shit first half performance.

tfj

Disagree, very even the first 15, they bossed the next 30 and we were very lucky not to concedede 2 or 3 but we weathered the storm. The second half was all us and with better finishing, we could of had a few more.

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Disagree, very even the first 15, they bossed the next 30 and we were very lucky not to concedede 2 or 3 but we weathered the storm. The second half was all us and with better finishing, we could of had a few more.

Nah we were appalling in the first half, it was shades of two months ago. However we were ace in the second half which of course is all that matters!!

There were twice disappointments for me:

1) The weirdo wagging his finger in the Barnsley end clearly got kicked out at half time. Would have loved to have given some back at 3-2

2) the oddballs clapping the Barnsley fans singing anti- Johnson songs. Cracking support in such an important game. Not.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

1) The weirdo wagging his finger in the Barnsley end clearly got kicked out at half time. Would have loved to have given some back at 3-2

2) the oddballs clapping the Barnsley fans singing anti- Johnson songs. Cracking support in such an important game. Not.

Number 1 wasn't @SaulGoodman was it?

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Some real oddballs in away end. They were clapping our 1st goal too.  Add to this the gang of 15 year old Barnsley Yoof walking up north street singing LJs a wa...ker.  Last seen doing 100m sprint away from the spotted cow 

Must correct some misconceptions. Barnsley fans are split approx 50/ 50 on their like / dislike for Lj. He was of course very very inexperienced at there place and still is today. Even Fergie had to learn his trade so it baffles and amuses me how many on this site get wound up by his mistakes. He is clearly learning fast and doing everything humanly possible to help the club, himself, the players ( obviously you can't please all 30+ of them) and de facto, us fans.

Cut the guy some slack, applaud this winning run and be happy!! 

You could be a gashead or a fan of 15 odd teams being relegated this season so be happy, have a mega beer at the Brum game and enjoy your summer

HR

4 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

One disappointment from yesterday ...........

......... the abject, utterly shit first half performance.

tfj

I believe that is all part of the new Bristol Sport corporate 'customer satisfaction' policy, aimed at providing something for all City fans.

They know that there are some who love nothing more than a good moan, a chance to be critical, to blame Steve Lansdown, to blame Lee Johnson, to criticise their own favourite boo boy player. So, a first half for them - and boy did they enjoy it judging by the matchday thread around 3.45!

Then there are the (majority) of fans who want City to win, want to see a great spirit in the side, some tactical awareness and some good passing football. A chance to celebrate a run of home wins and (virtual) safety after a difficult season - and that second half was for them.

So, win win all round. Everyone happy. Master stroke.

Archived