IGNORED

15 to 1 .... ?

WhistleHappy

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Caught a glimpse of this pic online and immediately assumed it was a TV set for a Fifteen to One show....

BBAaFbr.img?h=351&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=fA second look and no... its a French election debate ffs :facepalm: .. was looking for Ann Robinson or Sandi ToksvIg  ..doh!

Sandi Toksvig?  Pfft. Purists would insist on the mighty William G. Stewart.

5 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Sandi Toksvig?  Pfft. Purists would insist on the mighty William G. Stewart.

OOP's you're right, how the heck could I forget good old Willie G  S ?  damn completely out of my thoughts. 

And of course Anne Robinson didn't even present it.... I am The Weakest Link .... goodbye:sub:

11 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

OOP's you're right, how the heck could I forget good old Willie G  S ?  damn completely out of my thoughts. 

And of course Anne Robinson didn't even present it.... I am The Weakest Link .... goodbye:sub:

Don't apply for the chase anytime soon :clapping:

Used to get home from work early to see the original episodes on TV in the 80's, I think Going for Gold with Henry Kelly was on around the same time and they would vie for viewing figures.    Think in retrospect it was terribly unfair to people to have to audition, travel hundreds of miles and accommodation to appear on the programme (15-1), win through countless episodes to stand a chance of victory, hours of questions and tension..

And then when there's an eventual winner in each series : all they get is presented with a crystal vase or something.   Wouldn't be so bad if it were a holiday in Antigua or a even set of top encyclopedias, but something to put flowers in ?    :shifty:

Look on Youtube for someone called Bill McKaig.    The name answered every question right in the surviving three rounds and no-one else had an opportunity to answer, it was incredible.    

Archived