IGNORED

Parking advice for Birmingham home.

bexhill reds

I'm driving down to the Birmingham game and just looking for some parking advice given that it's been years since I last parked anywhere near the ground. In the past I used to park around Ashton Drive and the surrounding roads match days, albeit with the need to get there early to get a space. Can anyone advise if this is still a good place to park or are there match-day parking restrictions in place now?

If not, does anyone have any alternatives? Really don't mind a bit of walking, but given that my drive to the game will be just under 4 hours, I don't really fancy an additional 40 minute hike to the ground, plus there will be a need to find some time for pre-match Thatchers. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

As above just park is good. Allow a lot of extra time for travel as a lot of the city centre is closed for the 10K run, including the portway!!

Absolutely ******* mental decision, I have been using the portway park and ride, its a great service, does anyone know if Bedminster cricket club will have a match on ? otherwise i might have to give it a miss, the traffic on the open roads will be horrific.

2 hours ago, tts_city said:

Absolutely ******* mental decision, I have been using the portway park and ride, its a great service, does anyone know if Bedminster cricket club will have a match on ? otherwise i might have to give it a miss, the traffic on the open roads will be horrific.

Again, www.justpark.com is your solution.

3 hours ago, tts_city said:

I'm in the same situation. The Portway P&R has been a good service this year...they've even got the buses running better after matches. If we're going we'll be catching the train and walking.

Just now, yardy said:

I've just checked that and wasn't blown away with the choices available tbh

The availability dwindles quite quickly to be fair, but for those who know well in advance they'll be going it's a no-brainer.

Also worth pointing out that parking options off Cumberland Rd should be avoided for the Birmingham game as it'll be shut for the 10k. JustPark doesn't seem to account for this sort of thing.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

The availability dwindles quite quickly to be fair, but for those who know well in advance they'll be going it's a no-brainer.

Also worth pointing out that parking options off Cumberland Rd should be avoided for the Birmingham game as it'll be shut for the 10k. JustPark doesn't seem to account for this sort of thing.

I'll be keeping a eye on it for the next couple of days and @JulieH annoucement and see whats best.

Bemmy CC is very handy for me coming from Bridgy getting of Gordano and A369 to the cc, they even sell cider and have toilets.....plus i get away after the game and never get caught in any traffic.

Just now, yardy said:

I'll be keeping a eye on it for the next couple of days and @JulieH annoucement and see whats best.

Bemmy CC is very handy for me coming from Bridgy getting of Gordano and A369 to the cc, they even sell cider and have toilets.....plus i get away after the game and never get caught in any traffic.

We usually go Gordano way but it`s worth remembering that for this game that`s the `recommended route` for Brum fans (due to the Portway being shut) and the way their coaches are being taken so could be chaos down Rownham Hill.

We`re thinking about A38 for this one game and parking the Bemmy side of The Robins to avoid all this and be well away from the 10k too.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Little side note - for the rugby recently I took the train to Temple Meads and then the ferry down to Nova Scotia. A very pleasant alternative for some.

That sounds the way to go, how long does that take?

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

They're making it a bubble match and Brum fans have to collect their tickets from Swansea at 11am?

The Police wouldn't force fans to have to do that kind of thing, surely?

I'm presuming they would use a service station off the M4 :fear:

Trains affected too if you're coming from the North. Taken from here

07/05/17

CrossCountry between Manchester Piccadilly and Bristol Temple Meads and also between Glasgow Central and Plymouth.

Great Western Railway between Great Malvern and Bristol Temple Meads and also between  / Cardiff Central and Portsmouth Harbour / Brighton.

Network Rail is carrying out engineering work in the Bristol Parkway area closing the line.

Customer advice

CrossCountry trains are diverted between Gloucester and Bristol Temple Meads and will not call at Bristol Parkway.

Replacement buses will run between Cheltenham Spa and Bristol Temple Meads.

Great Western Railway trains between Cardiff Central and Bristol Temple Meads will not run.

Trains between Cardiff Central and Portsmouth Harbour / Brighton will run between Bristol Temple Meads and Portsmouth Harbour / Brighton.

Customers should use alternative trains between Cardiff Central and Bristol Parkway and replacement buses between Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads.

Journey times will be extended by up to 60 minutes.

5 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

I'm driving down to the Birmingham game and just looking for some parking advice given that it's been years since I last parked anywhere near the ground. In the past I used to park around Ashton Drive and the surrounding roads match days, albeit with the need to get there early to get a space. Can anyone advise if this is still a good place to park or are there match-day parking restrictions in place now?

If not, does anyone have any alternatives? Really don't mind a bit of walking, but given that my drive to the game will be just under 4 hours, I don't really fancy an additional 40 minute hike to the ground, plus there will be a need to find some time for pre-match Thatchers. 

Thanks

Bedminster cricket club yes you pay but can grab a thatchers in there before and after the game.

Archived