IGNORED

Arsenal Wenger

Robbored

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Took over a very good Barcelona side. Wrapped and ready for him.

Went to Bayern, where he couldn't win the CL. Even though again, he had it served on a plate for him. From here he's took over two clubs that were already world class. He had no competition in Germany, and still fans did not rated him.

He's now at his hardest challenge yet. Where he has been found out a few times. He's someone who relies upon heavy financial backing to succeed. Hence why he chose City.

Played for Barcelona, ran the b team. the student who became the head coach and improved them to being the best team in the world!!!!!

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Looks like he'll be leaving Arsenal this season. The faithful have had enough after 20 years. Question is who follows their most successful manager?

A guy in the SC bar yesterday reckoned that Simeone at Athletical Madrid would be a perfect fit. His countryman Potchitino is at Spurs and will no doubt told Simeone how tough the PL is and how unpredictable it can be. Simeone might just want to test his managerial skills in the PL.

Him joining the Gunners would delight the faithful I'm sure.

He's already had the chance to manage in the PL with Chelsea and he turned it down.  Can't see him going to Arsenal after that. 

Arsenal fans are in for a huge shock when he goes. Who is there?

Koeman - hasn't won anything, holding out for Barca

Tuchel - please.....no one knew his name 18 months ago

Simeone - would be amazed if ever left Atleti, even if he did I highly doubt it would be for Arsenal 

They should've thrown the money at Pep or Conte once they had a chance. 

If Arsene does go at the end of the season, it's the worst timing possible because it'll be a rebuild job with probably no Sanchez or Ozil. And no world class manager in the game is A) available to take the job or B) going to leave a club to go there. 

IMO the best option they have is to try and call Bayern's bluff for Ancelotti. 

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

He'd certainly shake things up, he's known to work players incredibly hard. One of the most influential coaches of recent times though.

That's what Arsenal need. Bielsa's Chile team were also, I think, one of the best football teams I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Tuchel - please.....no one knew his name 18 months ago

Wenger's appointment was greeted in much the same way.

While the German press have claimed he has already been approached. I certainly wouldn't rule it out, especially as he may be the kind Kroenke likes - i.e.not so likely to demand £200m to spend.

38 minutes ago, David Brent said:

That's what Arsenal need. Bielsa's Chile team were also, I think, one of the best football teams I've ever seen.

Couldn't agree more about his Chile team. I'd love to see him here but I suspect he's a bit volatile for Arsenal, which seems like a fairly staid club.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

Looks like he'll be leaving Arsenal this season. The faithful have had enough after 20 years. Question is who follows their most successful manager?

A guy in the SC bar yesterday reckoned that Simeone at Athletical Madrid would be a perfect fit. His countryman Potchitino is at Spurs and will no doubt told Simeone how tough the PL is and how unpredictable it can be. Simeone might just want to test his managerial skills in the PL.

Him joining the Gunners would delight the faithful I'm sure.

If Arsene decides to leave then it would spark a massive managerial merry go round.

Love to know the odds on all these happening over the summer;

Allegri to Arsenal

Conte to Juventus

Simeone to Chelsea

Gallardo to Athletico

Pochettino to Real

Ancelloti to Spurs

De Boer to Bayern

Koeman to Barca

Mancini to Everton

...and for my own fantasy

LJ to Fleetwood

Rosler to City

18 hours ago, Super said:

Have you seen AM play? Would be a real shock for Arsenal fans after watching years of superb football.

To be honest, he's a pragmatist. Vs the biggest in Europe (and the big two in Spain) he cedes possession, vs others is more of a mixed bag.

When they played Chelsea away in 2014 in the semis they were far from dull, combined possession and counter attacking fantastically! Likewise their game at Barca in their title winning season...decider, 0-1 down at the Nou Camp then for a 20 minute period they put them under incredible pressure, could have scored 3 or 4.They are not as bad to watch as people say but he mixes it up quite a lot. This season especially they have began to play more expansive football and at times of course in their title winning they did!

14 hours ago, chinapig said:

Wenger's appointment was greeted in much the same way.

While the German press have claimed he has already been approached. I certainly wouldn't rule it out, especially as he may be the kind Kroenke likes - i.e.not so likely to demand £200m to spend.

He's spent a lot. I follow Dortmund and have been there a few times, hence my claims/thoughts on him. It all strikes of Arsenal fans looking at the big EU clubs, pointing at their managers and saying 'I want him', without knowing who they are/how their teams play.

He's spent a lot on very average players. Football is very less forgiving now then it was then, too.

£26m on Schurrle, £19m on Gotze (both have hardly played), granted Dembele is a hell of a signing, the rest is a lot of money on not much. He spent £100m in the summer.

To be honest even if I was him, I wouldn't touch that job with a bargepole. The Arsenal fans are going to expect the Prem within 1/2 years. For any coach that isn't established/a big name, it'll be another AVB at Spurs/Chelsea waiting to happen.

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

He's spent a lot. I follow Dortmund and have been there a few times, hence my claims/thoughts on him. It all strikes of Arsenal fans looking at the big EU clubs, pointing at their managers and saying 'I want him', without knowing who they are/how their teams play.

He's spent a lot on very average players. Football is very less forgiving now then it was then, too.

£26m on Schurrle, £19m on Gotze (both have hardly played), granted Dembele is a hell of a signing, the rest is a lot of money on not much. He spent £100m in the summer.

To be honest even if I was him, I wouldn't touch that job with a bargepole. The Arsenal fans are going to expect the Prem within 1/2 years. For any coach that isn't established/a big name, it'll be another AVB at Spurs/Chelsea waiting to happen.

I was thinking more of personality and leverage in negotiating a contract, compared to someone like Simeone.

I don't see Arsenal going for someone as forceful, shall we say, as him they're a much more staid club than most. They're used to Wenger not rocking Kroenke's boat and may want someone prepared to do likewise.  Of the candidates suggested Tuchel seems likely to have least leverage.

I also found the denials of the reports in the German press unconvincing. We shall see, but there's always Tony Adams of course.:whistle:

Archived