IGNORED

This Forum

slartibartfast

I`ve said it ever since I`ve used this one (long time watcher before signing up two or three years ago) that it is one of the best there is. So much more gets discussed and by so many more people than on others - I`ve seen matchday threads on some clubs` forums with about five replies. We don`t always agree with each other but rarely really fall out and pretty much all the threads are worth a read, the ones that aren`t (and I`ve started a few!) just sink down the page quickly due to all the new stuff constantly being added.

As CR says above, it`s far easier to navigate than most others too.

Credit to all involved, we know you all do it in your precious spare time so respect for that.

22 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Since our upturn in form I've been going on other forums to see what they have to say about us beating them.

Not on about what they have to say.....but this must be the best arranged, accessible and easy to read forum in this division, well done :clap:

Couldn't agree more. I'm happy to support it and wish more would as it's brilliant. 

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Since our upturn in form I've been going on other forums to see what they have to say about us beating them.

Not on about what they have to say.....but this must be the best arranged, accessible and easy to read forum in this division, well done :clap:

I agreee, it's by a distance the best I have seen.

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I was thinking just this today after I tried to go on the Tykes forum - it's almost impossible to navigate and seems to be hardly used with "recent posts" from months ago. 

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

And - personally - I think not only @Tomarse deserves plaudits for maintaining the forum, but the mods do a good job allowing us to swear and bicker like mad without it ever descending into outright chaos.

Agreed...and I'll put in a word for many of the regular posters. You can read some very well reasoned and thoughtful stuff on here...and get some good laughs!

6 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I've been on about 6 months now

Its ridiculous, someone replies to something every minute 24/7

Im addicted, thanks for having me 

Is there an OTIBers anonymous to help us fight our addiction? I think the Trust should look into it. :yes:

My favourite one I read after the Barnsley match from one of their lot is:

That we've lost from a winning position (yet again) to a team that are pretty much relegation fodder. Significant changes required in the summer or we will be next season's Rotherham. 
Can't see us picking up anymore points this season.

I found it amusing that we're viewed as "relegation fodder", talk about a lack of respect of your opponent.

26 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I was thinking just this today after I tried to go on the Tykes forum - it's almost impossible to navigate and seems to be hardly used with "recent posts" from months ago. 

You must be talking about Tykes Mad which is absolute dog sh!t. The main Barnsley one is the BBS, which has had a style makeover recently due to a switch of forum software and which now a little bit like this one. Even that is nowhere near as busy as this one though.

I have to agree with the consensus. This is one of the best football forums of the web. Fast, no ads, heavily used, nice layout. There seems to be a lot of good football folk on here and it is often very funny.

I first came on here around the time that LJ left us to join you to pass on what hopefully were constructive views about him. No p!ss taking. I have occasionally come back though because its a great forum.

I'll probably back off again soon for the summer ( as well as from our own BBS) as i do enjoy a break from football these days over the summer. But I will keep popping my head in from time to time because its a pleasurable way to waste half an hour of my life when the mood takes me.

:)

Thanks to cider head and phants for not making this the only forum, screw scootered. There's lots that couldn't last here because of the rules although it had lightened up in recent times.

Trouble is robbored is still a**** ******* piece of scum and my true feelings about how much of a double headed manual manipulator he is cannot be truly expressed here

45 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

And - personally - I think not only @Tomarse deserves plaudits for maintaining the forum, but the mods do a good job allowing us to swear and bicker like mad without it ever descending into outright chaos.

We can swear? We can ******* swear?

Edit: No we can't. Bum.

10 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Thanks to cider head and phants for not making this the only forum, screw scootered. There's lots that couldn't last here because of the rules although it had lightened up in recent times.

Trouble is robbored is still a**** ******* piece of scum and my true feelings about how much of a double headed manual manipulator he is cannot be truly expressed here

Don't hold back eh? 

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Well, I have just looked at the other sites, and they are universally shite.

Well that's terrific isn't it ? We're good because the others are shite .

The bar hasn't been set very high now has it ? 

:disapointed2se:

Well done to almost everybody who makes OTIB what it is . 

No , not you.

You know who you are . 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Most forums are so difficult to navigate, full of crap ads and post replies make the whole thing look like a dropped pan of spaghetti. 

003229.jpg?v=8

Is that Heinz Spaghetti in Tomato S a u c e?

Mmm. Just £2 for 3 tins at MySupermarket https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Tinned_Pasta/Heinz_Spaghetti_in_Tomato_Sauce_400g.html .

Luckily, such blatant behaviour will never happen here.

Archived