IGNORED

This Forum

slartibartfast

50 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Thanks to cider head and phants for not making this the only forum, screw scootered. There's lots that couldn't last here because of the rules although it had lightened up in recent times.

Trouble is robbored is still a**** ******* piece of scum and my true feelings about how much of a double headed manual manipulator he is cannot be truly expressed here

Kev, hurry up posting or we'll miss Evensong. :cool:

This forum is so busy because we are a bunch of socially inept/awkward cider-drinking loners/losers and/or stuck in stale, unsatisfactory relationships (with our spouse/"partner"/bird/doris/football club, etc), descended from simple farming stock with questionable centuries old attitudes to animal "husbandry" who don't go to Ashton Gate very often, and certainly never away games, because we much prefer being on here - the forum - telling the head coach he is ****ing clueless **** and totally out of his depth due to the side he has just picked/not picked and the substitutions he has made/not made at a game we are (losing, and) following on local radio, and so that we can insult the much maligned majority shareholder who puts in more money to the club than any of us not attending the games (and even the ones that do go to games), and also so that we can call each other **** or ***** and drag up old threads demonstrating how ****ing clueless certain other posters and how right we were all along, etc etc.

It's so much better on here than it is down Ashton Gate! Or, god forbid, some bloody away game somewhere godawful up north like Barnsley, where they've never heard of OTIB and you certainly couldn't get on it up there. Imagine that? Nightmare.

6 hours ago, redsfan said:

You must be talking about Tykes Mad which is absolute dog sh!t. The main Barnsley one is the BBS, which has had a style makeover recently due to a switch of forum software and which now a little bit like this one. Even that is nowhere near as busy as this one though.

I have to agree with the consensus. This is one of the best football forums of the web. Fast, no ads, heavily used, nice layout. There seems to be a lot of good football folk on here and it is often very funny.

I first came on here around the time that LJ left us to join you to pass on what hopefully were constructive views about him. No p!ss taking. I have occasionally come back though because its a great forum.

I'll probably back off again soon for the summer ( as well as from our own BBS) as i do enjoy a break from football these days over the summer. But I will keep popping my head in from time to time because its a pleasurable way to waste half an hour of my life when the mood takes me.

:)

Sensible, interesting fans of other clubs like you are welcome here you'll find. We get a couple of regular guys from PNE and Sheff Wed who are always a good read. Another strength of this forum I think.

12 hours ago, Spike said:

My favourite one I read after the Barnsley match from one of their lot is:

I found it amusing that we're viewed as "relegation fodder", talk about a lack of respect of your opponent.

Barnsley BBS forum is full of bellends that love to voice their opinions but don't even go to the matches. Just take no notice, anyone who went to Ashton Gate on Saturday knows the real reason why we lost, and it wasn't anything to do with our players not being up for it or being good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Barnsley BBS forum is full of bellends that love to voice their opinions but don't even go to the matches. Just take no notice, anyone who went to Ashton Gate on Saturday knows the real reason why we lost, and it wasn't anything to do with our players not being up for it or being good enough. 

It was that "splitter" LJ, right ?         :cool:

12 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

how many other good forums are out there??

The Brighton one is good. V busy and quite a lot of intelligent/reasonable and funny posters. Also found the Sheff Wed one to be quite funny when I've checked it out. 

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Disappointed in your fans as all they sang about was LJ and us going down. I always have thought Barnsley was a great club with passionate fans who support through thick and thin. You have some impressive players, and played some great football through your midfield and down the flanks. The injury to you CH obviously was a real blow.

Archived