IGNORED

One door closes; another door closes.

Aizoon

2 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Winter watching City, summer (when I can get there) watching Gloucestershire, I'll be at the County Ground today to see day 4 of the game against Durham. Cheltenham Festival is a fantastic event, weather dependent of course. If you live in Somerset then you support Somerset, if you live in Bristol or North Bristol then you support Gloucestershire. I moved from Bristol to Whitchurch (North Somerset) but of course, my loyalty to Gloucestershire remains.

You need to be a County with a test venue ground to attract funding, sadly that isn't going to happen in Bristol, the recent investment means they can get one day internationals and the floodlights mean they can do day/night 20/20 games and generate more revenue. We lose our better players because the selector tend to pick from a small number of Counties for internationals, more chance from Somerset than Gloucestershire. Chris Broad is an example, I played against him for Brislington when he played as a youngster for Long Ashton, he had to leave Gloucestershire for Nottinghamshire to get selected England.

Take some food and a flask, a day watching County Cricket is a fantastic way to relax.

I was born in Gloucestershire (Thornbury) not  this South Glos crap, so I support the county of my birth ! :cool:

8 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Should have been more precise, Whitchurch Village is in Bath and North East Somerset, we don't get wheelie bins. Whitchurch is Bristol. I can't see why you would live in Bristol and support a team that has it's base in Taunton? Somerset used to have festivals in Weston and Bath, but these have been dropped for a number of years because of poor support and costs. They played a 20/20 match on the Rec a few years ago, got reported because of the state of the pitch, they are very much entrenched at the County Ground in Taunton now. Surely Gloucestershire playing Bristol makes more sense. I also lived in Cheltenham and Stroud for a few years, so I am a bit bias.

Somerset have also played first class matches at The Imperial Ground in Brislington/Hengrove, Ironmould Lane, Brislington and at Knowle CC....

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don't get me started on that game! Jamie Cox's LBW - you could hear the inside edge all around the ground but up went Shep's finger instantly - now remind me where Shep spent 14 years as a county cricketer?! Game-changing wrong decision...but I'm not bitter!

Hit the pad first, mate ;)

54 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

When I saw the thread title @Aizoon  I thought you were probably sitting on a train in a station somewhere eagerly anticipating the guards whistle as the last carriage door slams shut and you were about to set off on another railway adventure.

:) 

:D

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:50, Aizoon said:

As this disastrous season ends, I turn my attention to the summer game. No more worries about City getting relegated; I can concentrate on the Glos failing to get pronoted.

Am I mad? At least Horace has no interest in cricket and can aestivate in comfort...

Buy a door stop

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just booked on the Scotsman- hauled trip from Bishops Lydeard to Minehead in September. You doing any of them either then or next month?

Not that thrilled by Scotsman. City of Truro, on the other hand... ;)

Archived