IGNORED

Ideal scenario

old_eastender

Now that Brum have lost to Villa, I can't help but think an ideal scenario is now that Brum lose at home to Huddersfield (and so cannot catch us whatever we do against Brighton) and Blackburn beat Villa to move a point ahead of Brum, meaning Brum have to beat us to have any chance of staying up... juicy!

Nice scenario for the last day. However Blackburn's complete inability to win a match  is likely to put a spanner in the works. It was satisfying beating Wolves a couple of weeks back but they might as well have had the flip-flops on and towel on the shoulder once we scored the 1st goal. Yesterday, against Wolves, Blackburn managed two shots on target and one of those deflected off a defender at 2 m.p.h. .....

Think they might nick a draw against Huddersfield, which will see them needing a win to guarantee staying up, and as I think we'll lose at Brighton (no shame in that), then will mean we are safe (as they Brum won't be able to overtake our goal diffence), but make for an interesting game.

Have a feeling we'll have a role to play in how things pan out, as believe Blackburn will get some points.

It would be fun if Birmingham were relegated playing against us, just to have a laugh at good old Harry. If it does happen I hope the supporters show some respect to Steve Cotterill and don't take the mick 

Just now, pongo88 said:

It would be fun if Birmingham were relegated playing against us, just to have a laugh at good old Harry. If it does happen I hope the supporters show some respect to Steve Cotterill and don't take the mick 

Hope so too. Let`s just stick with `arry, `arry what`s the score? Sounds better anyway.

I would prefer Brum to go down, for the only reason I think their squad is better than Blackburns, and they might be alright next year if they stay up. Blackburn on the other hand look a bit if a hospital case with their ownership, so would quite like them around still next year.

As funny as it would be to send a club the size of Birmingham down on the last day, surely fixtures next season against Birmingham are better than fixtures against Blackburn..? (Closer, better supported)

Ideal scenario is to win the game but they stay up. All happy and 2 good fixtures next season. 

Would set it up amazingly on the last day, for a very interesting final day and an electric atmosphere.

Ideally though- we win but Birmingham pull something out v Huddersfield, Blackburn take a win v Villa and a win v Brentford (who maybe on the beach after they trounced QPR last home game), other results go well and...QPR and Hollowhead go down! Would be quite hilarious given they reached 50 points 6 games ago!

Archived