IGNORED

Next Seasons Championship

BRISTOL86

Taking the tables as they stand right now, we'll be losing:

- Newcastle, Brighton, Wigan, Rotherham, Blackburn and one of Reading, Huddersfield, Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday. 

and gaining

- Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Sheffield United, Bolton and one of Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Milwall and Bradford. 

Leta say that the third placed teams win the playoffs, that leaves the Championship next season looking like this:

Aston Villa

Barnsley

Birmingham City

Bolton Wanderers

Brentford

Bristol City

Burton Albion

Cardiff City

Derby County

Fleetwood Town

Fulham

Huddersfield Town

Ipswich Town

Leeds United

Middlesbrough

Norwich City

Nottingham Forest

Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Sunderland

Swansea City

Wolverhampton Wanderers

In your opinion is that a stronger or weaker league than this season? Who do you think will be the dark horses and who will improve/implode on this season? 

IMO Newcastle and Brighton are as strong if not stronger than Boro and Sunderland and I don't think Fleetwood or Bolton are any better than what'll be going down.

Realistically there must be 16 teams there that would be fancying top 6. Such a mad league. 

I'd fancy Villa to be a lot better than they have been this season, same for Norwich. Would be surprised if PNE and Barnsley do as well as they have. I think Sheff Utd will adapt quite comfortably and be mid table. 

Sunderland will be another Villa, they could easily storm the league or get relegated again. Swansea and Boro could be very strong though and expect the promoted teams to put up a good fight. With no Rotherham to all but guarantee a relegation spot it could be a real scrap for survival for a lot of teams next season. Early hunch could be Barnsley, set to lose Watkins, Scowen amongst others for nothing in the summer and they'll likely stick to their ways of looking below to fill gaps. What I would question is, given our form since switching to 442 and a settled team, do we need masses of new faces? Obviously a new striker will be required along with looking at full backs and an additional keeper but otherwise? I think our potential first XI is good enough for mid table. 

16 minutes ago, Malago said:

Both QPR and Forest are on downward spiral.  The playoff winners from the 1st division will struggle.  Birmingham if they stay up need to appoint a good championship manager and we could struggle as well.

Barnsley and Preston havent really struggled!

Archived