IGNORED

A big bear hug for the hoards that used Parson Street rail station on Saturday

Whilst agreeing with your sentiments NTTDS, those travelling to/from Parson street are a tiny drop in the ocean. Much more publicity and trains running in both directions at suitable times before and after the match, is required if the majority are to be persuaded to leave the car at home.

The timetable on Sunday 7th May, means that nobody will be using a train to go to/from the game versus Birmingham.

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Whilst agreeing with your sentiments NTTDS, those travelling to/from Parson street are a tiny drop in the ocean. Much more publicity and trains running in both directions at suitable times before and after the match, is required if the majority are to be persuaded to leave the car at home.

The timetable on Sunday 7th May, means that nobody will be using a train to go to/from the game versus Birmingham.

I will be but it means walking from temple meads not parson street :-(

To be honest the opening of Parson street is an absolute blessing. Us Reds who live behind enemy lines, can catch the train from Severn Tunnel Junction to Temple Meads. A swift pint at the station then change trains to Parson Street. The return is just as easy. It's so much better than driving plus forking out £6.70 for the bridge, then struggling to find somewhere to park.

Unfortunately it's gone t1t5 up for the Birmingham game - with no direct train to Temple Meads .Plus coach transfer from Parkway - it's more hassle than it's worth. Shame as we always enjoy a couple of pints at the last home game of the season.

4 hours ago, harry may said:

To be honest the opening of Parson street is an absolute blessing. Us Reds who live behind enemy lines, can catch the train from Severn Tunnel Junction to Temple Meads. A swift pint at the station then change trains to Parson Street. The return is just as easy. It's so much better than driving plus forking out £6.70 for the bridge, then struggling to find somewhere to park.

Unfortunately it's gone t1t5 up for the Birmingham game - with no direct train to Temple Meads .Plus coach transfer from Parkway - it's more hassle than it's worth. Shame as we always enjoy a couple of pints at the last home game of the season.

So in summary then the line into Parsons Street is a hit and miss service on match days especially if one is coming from the west? 

33 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So in summary then the line into Parsons Street is a hit and miss service on match days especially if one is coming from the west? 

As Cidered abroad states more publicity would be good - but for us coming from "the wrong side of the bridge " it is a definite hit - if you live near STJ or Newport. However I don't know why it's been bugg3ered up for the brum game. Perhaps NTTDS can answer ?

I wrote to the club last summer about why Parsons Street was not advised more for use, the club agreed and also agreed with a bit more planning on timetables with GWR and signage and general station improvements it was more than just a good option.

Its such a relatively short distance to walk and the infamous Ashton Gate station will never re-open anyway if you believe some of the planners I have spoken to.

With a little bit more thought Parsons Street could be a big asset, a follow up letter is being penned. 

16 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

I wrote to the club last summer about why Parsons Street was not advised more for use, the club agreed and also agreed with a bit more planning on timetables with GWR and signage and general station improvements it was more than just a good option.

Its such a relatively short distance to walk and the infamous Ashton Gate station will never re-open anyway if you believe some of the planners I have spoken to.

With a little bit more thought Parsons Street could be a big asset, a follow up letter is being penned. 

stj to psn trainline recommends changing at fiiton abbey wood  no pub, change at bri knights Templar just outside then catch the train to psn

19 hours ago, phantom said:

BTP and GWR have raised this issue - fingers crossed it may change yet

I'm sure a couple of years ago I caught a train from Taunton to TM that stopped at Parson Street to allow City fans off after an announcement by the guard that an unscheduled stop was being made, or am I imagining that happened?

Archived