IGNORED

Brighton match day tickets in advance,to get free rail travel (Merged)

58 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'll be making the most of this.  You're allowed to purchase a ticket to they 1st station in a zone that you'll be travelling through and use the match ticket for the rest of the journey.

Ive not done this before. I'm going train from London to Brighton, then was going to get another train out from Brighton to the ground,after a quick paddle ha ha. From what I understand you just show the person at the barrier the match ticket for this part of the journey, you don't have to buy a train ticket?  I've not been to their new ground, only their old one years ago.

Basically train travel is free on match days, so buy a ticket to get you to Brighton (or Lewes) , you don't need one for the final bit to Falmer, The barriers will be down so you can just walk through.

Beer / Cider in the ground is expensive (£4.50 a pint) but the train from Brighton or Lewes to Falmer is only a 10 minute journey so I would suggest you hit the pubs first.

The match is a sell out, as they are expecting to win the Championship, last home game etc , so atmosphere should be good, hopefully they are so up for the party they will forget about playing the footie.

Very friendly crowd, never any problems. One word of warning they are sensitive about anti gay chants, have cameras that look out for that, and will arrest those stupid enough to think that's funny.

I live 20 minutes from Lewes, the pub next to the station is called The Lansdown, that will do me.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

You do it your way,and I'll do it the Bristol way,and just go carefull mind;)

Don't forget to say "cheers drive" when you get off the bus. 

Just a word of warning concerning getting the train back from the Amex after the game....good luck. Waited over a hour last season on a Tuesday night .I likened it to 10,000 people trying to get a train from Parson st. Cracking ground but I will never go by train again.

......travelling to Brighton on Saturday remember BHAFC funds part of your travel costs.

If you travel by train you only need to buy a return ticket to Haywards Heath (if from London) or Worthing (if travelling via Southampton). The rest of the journey via Brighton or Lewes is paid for if you have a valid match ticket.

Similarly, if driving, just drive to one of the designated Park & Ride sites, park for free and take bus for free direct to the stadium. The main P & R sites are Mill Road, Brighton Racecourse or Mithras House in Lewes Road.  Again you need a valid match ticket.

Note there is very limited parking at the stadium which has to be pre-booked but costs about £15.

You can find out about all the above, and much more, on website   www.footballcities.co.uk   (if ok with admin). The site helps deprived children into football.

You may also like to check out the city of Bristol/Bristol City page. Feedback, from fans around the country, about the site, can be seen on the Contact Page.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived