IGNORED

what positions do we need in the summer

Healeyred96

56 minutes ago, Tiree said:

someone to replace super on the forum- anyone!

I think the rumours will just continue to float around and there is little point in us repeating what the E.P says coz they just guess and pick up on rumours of rumours.

M.A and LJ must concentrate on Tammy replacement as the priority then we can continue to develop* the players we have, playing the way we are (last 10 games)

*Development of our players is the biggest plus this season when you consider most of the 'Double Team' still with us are only two years from those lower levels and have been playing under the pressure of two bad runs; last season under SC and theis season the middle third under LJ.

Tammy has benefited hugely from our coaching staff and playing experience so lets hop he and Chelsea recognize that as we inevitably go asking them for more Tammys!

I admire your continual enthusiasm for the project but where on earth is your evidence of player development?

I prefer to base my opinions on something rather more substantial than wishful thinking, so the fact Reid has been cast aside and now features for the U23s (nowhere to be seen when the Coach feels he has to pick a team "he can trust"), the fact Magnusson has disappeared, the fact Paterson plays well in patches but is hardly consistent, ditto Brownhill, ditto O'Dowda both of whom are largely as anonymous as the day they arrived, the fact we never know whether we're going to get good Joe Bryan or bad Joe Bryan from one game to the next (not helped by the Coach messing him around positionally) - all these facts lead me to the opinion there is precious little in the way of player development going on. As for the remnants of the Double Winning team - maybe part of the reason we have had 2 consecutive relegation struggles is the fact that we haven't upgraded enough of these.

I am genuinely struggling to think of a single player of ours who has improved under the current Coach (the pillars make no mention of the need to improve other club's players, so don't say Tammy). But by all means carry on with your uncritical wishful thinking - as your glorious leader said only recently, "everything is working well".

Tammy's unquestionable improvement from the opening weeks is down to his own ability and certainly this clubs coaches.

I don't care if it is a pillar or a project or anything else; it just exemplifies the credibility and ability of our coaches. This is no bad thing as we in search of his replacement. Sure, Reid has gone forward, backwards, sideways but with a big squad that's what happens ; We can only have so many playing in Midfield at any one time and it was the right thing to secure Cotterill's services for a few weeks whilst there was some heat on the club.

Likewise with HodurI. If Flint and BW are the best CBs and Bryan continues to be a good, attacking LB then hordor will also have to wait his turn 

If Marvel just can't see improvements from August to now in any of those players mentioned I am rather surprised.

Mark Little for me has lost weight got his fizz back and has given several LBs a hard time; something he has not done since League 1 early days so that is also development by the current coaches

I also think Wilbs has improved or developed and some of (albeit sub) his appearances have been great.

Taylor came from a terrible club with a much lower standard of football.

He has taken time to settle but is now giving very good defenders the run around. How can this be anything other than good development from our coaches to many of our players.

HR

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

4 loans go back, get rid of another 5 if we can. Bring in goalkeeper, right back, left back, winger and striker. I agree with Johnson about cutting the squad size and having less players but with more quality. 

This is the most important part. We need to free up some wages i would imagine to get in the type of players we need. Probably a couple of the higher earners will be offered to other clubs, Tomlin? O'Neil? 

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I admire your continual enthusiasm for the project but where on earth is your evidence of player development?

I prefer to base my opinions on something rather more substantial than wishful thinking, so the fact Reid has been cast aside and now features for the U23s (nowhere to be seen when the Coach feels he has to pick a team "he can trust"), the fact Magnusson has disappeared, the fact Paterson plays well in patches but is hardly consistent, ditto Brownhill, ditto O'Dowda both of whom are largely as anonymous as the day they arrived, the fact we never know whether we're going to get good Joe Bryan or bad Joe Bryan from one game to the next (not helped by the Coach messing him around positionally) - all these facts lead me to the opinion there is precious little in the way of player development going on. As for the remnants of the Double Winning team - maybe part of the reason we have had 2 consecutive relegation struggles is the fact that we haven't upgraded enough of these.

I am genuinely struggling to think of a single player of ours who has improved under the current Coach (the pillars make no mention of the need to improve other club's players, so don't say Tammy). But by all means carry on with your uncritical wishful thinking - as your glorious leader said only recently, "everything is working well".

He's a BSbot.

All hail Kim Il John

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

You have a habit of it. It's a forum let people start threads about what they like or are you the forum police. Hardly any wonder some think you're  a nause. 

I'm only posting my personal view Stevie. Isn't that what any forum is for?

I think that this particular thread is completely pointless and I struggle to understand why threads like this get started......:dunno:

Just now, Robbored said:

I'm only posting my personal view Stevie. Isn't that what any forum is for?

I think that this particular thread is completely pointless and I struggle to understand why threads like this get started......:dunno:

Then bloody ignore the thread rather than antagonise. You can clearly see what the tread is about.  

9 hours ago, Bourne End Red said:

using football manager as an example if you rated our squad for the division we are in, nearly every player would be a 3 star out of 5. 

Maybe a good idea not to. Akin to comparing The Simpsons with real life IMO

Just now, BigTone said:

I really must disagree when we start comparing reality worlds with virtual ones

Fair enough but you're totally missing my point. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well....What I'm saying is if you were to grade our squad out of 5 in relation to this league. IE Tammy would be a 5 out of 5, in the prem he may only be a 3 out of 5.

If you graded all our squad this way they would pretty much all be a very average 3 out of 5. Forget football manager I'm talking in terms of ability.

To push on we need to start buying players better than we have.

Poor explanation on my part.

1 minute ago, Bourne End Red said:

Fair enough but you're totally missing my point. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well....What I'm saying is if you were to grade our squad out of 5 in relation to this league. IE Tammy would be a 5 out of 5, in the prem he may only be a 3 out of 5.

If you graded all our squad this way they would pretty much all be a very average 3 out of 5. Forget football manager I'm talking in terms of ability.

To push on we need to start buying players better than we have.

Poor explanation on my part.

Ok, I see your point, however we need a manager better than we have first. Nice guy I'm sure and maybe "one for the future" but at this point out of his depth. We will not progress under his guidance.

Using Football Manager as an example is not the best analogy as it is just a computer game. As I say I see your point though. 

Archived