IGNORED

what positions do we need in the summer

Healeyred96

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'm only posting my personal view Stevie. Isn't that what any forum is for?

I think that this particular thread is completely pointless and I struggle to understand why threads like this get started......:dunno:

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung's thoughts on your "struggle" there, old chap. We barely "know" ourselves, never mind other people.

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung's thoughts on your "struggle" there, old chap. We barely "know" ourselves, never mind other people.

Jack, I spent 28 of my 38 yearNHS career understanding other people.......but unfortunately not people who use football forums. Obviously there is a big gap in my former professional skills.......

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Jack, I spent 28 of my 38 yearNHS career understanding other people.......but unfortunately not people who use football forums. Obviously there is a big gap in my former professional skills.......

There's a pretty big gap somewhere else........

Would question need for RB Little, Vyner and Moore should be more than capable next season. CBs also seem adequate with Flint, Wright,  Hordur and Hegeler. bryan improving as a left back and Golbourne should be adequate back up in a settled back four. 

Think probably midfield needs strengthening, a goalkeeper if Geifer is not deemed up to it and clearly a replacement for Tammy. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm only posting my personal view Stevie. Isn't that what any forum is for?

I think that this particular thread is completely pointless and I struggle to understand why threads like this get started......:dunno:

Fully agree everyone can have a personal view, that's what makes this forum great. But you contradict yourself saying you have had decades of experience understanding people, then fail to understand why these 'planning for the future' 'transfer target' threads are important to people. 

Yes these type of threads do crop up around transfer windows and during the summer break. I think they are usually obvious by their title what the content is. People like to discuss this, each to their own, what harm does it do. There are some discussion threads I won't comment on as I'm not particularly interested or experienced in, eg betting & cricket, but I do read some of them. I'm a believer you can learn something every day, if not the content then the contributors. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

There are some discussion threads I won't comment on as I'm not particularly interested or experienced in, eg betting & cricket, but I do read some of them. I'm a believer you can learn something every day, if not the content then the contributors. 

You aren't interested in cricket!?   :shocking:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hopefully not as much as his dad.

Mind you the taxi driver scout isn't employed by City any longer.

Serious question, how far did Gary Johnson pull your pants down? Was it just to the knees, or all the way down to the ankles? The way you despise him so, must of been the ankles.

Just now, Robbored said:

You aren't interested in cricket!?   :shocking:

No but Freddie Flintoff is a bit of alright! I've been watching him touring round Australia in a burger van, seems a right good laugh. That's the closest thing to cricket I'm prepared to get!

17 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Serious question, how far did Gary Johnson pull your pants down? Was it just to the knees, or all the way down to the ankles? The way you despise him so, must of been the ankles.

Serious question, do think the GJ didn't waste money on below standard players?  :dunno:

I see a few have been suggesting a Goalkeeper, haven't we just brought a new keeper!!

Apart from discarding our new goalie, which I'm sure LJ and Mark Ashton done "due diligence on " to make sure he has the right DNA , I'm a fan of Fielding, he have played extremely well since coming back into the team and have made some timely and crucial saves.

We don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to our Goal Keeper.

Just now, Robbored said:

Serious question, do think the GJ didn't waste money on below standard players?  :dunno:

He sure did. But every City manager I have seen has wasted money on below standard players at some point. He won't be the last.. Even Sir Alex wasted money at some point and he was classed as a footballing genius.

1 minute ago, elruli said:

He sure did. But every City manager I have seen has wasted money on below standard players at some point. He won't be the last.. Even Sir Alex wasted money at some point and he was classed as a footballing genius.

But RR is not obsessed about Sir Alex

Hes obsessed with the second most sucessful manager we've had in the last sixty years

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

But RR is not obsessed about Sir Alex

Hes obsessed with the second most sucessful manager we've had in the last sixty years

I really don't get it! I was never one of Gj's biggest fans but he did give us two years of success, if you can call a play off defeat that? Gj is history, I really don't get it, I couldn't stand Pulis but wouldn't keep harping on about him. He's proved to be a very good premiership manager. 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No I definitely agree, and I agree that the standard are football was pretty poor. But I still thank him for what he did for us, and the united feeling City felt during the promotion season and play-off season. Lee Johnson's standard of football has been much worse.

7 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

No I definitely agree, and I agree that the standard are football was pretty poor. Lee Johnson's standard of football has been much worse.

Cant agree there RW.

LJ has poduced some decent stuff but unfortunately the lack of consistency and poor results have blighted this season.

The last game against Barnsley was a good example - rubbish in the first half but pretty good in the second and coming back twice made the second half pretty thrilling to watch.

Apart from the Palace play off games I can't remember any games under GJ that were anywhere near exciting.

Just now, Robbored said:

Cant agree there RW.

LJ has poduced some decent stuff but unfortunately the lack of consistency and poor results have blighted this season.

The last game against Barnsley was a good example - rubbish in the first half but pretty good in the second and coming back twice made the second half pretty thrilling to watch.

Apart from the Palace play off games I can't remember any games under GJ that were anywhere near exciting.

Funny how we all see the game differently, I've rarely seen any decent football this season, perhaps the Fulham away game and that is it. I enjoyed the home game against QPR at some points also, and witnessed spells of decent play.

But highlighting your second paragraph, we've played like we have all the season regarding the first half against Barnsley, hence our league position. The football has been completely poor in my book, and I am quite astonished how we look to survive this season.

6 hours ago, bs3 said:

I see a few have been suggesting a Goalkeeper, haven't we just brought a new keeper!!

Apart from discarding our new goalie, which I'm sure LJ and Mark Ashton done "due diligence on " to make sure he has the right DNA , I'm a fan of Fielding, he have played extremely well since coming back into the team and have made some timely and crucial saves.

We don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to our Goal Keeper.

If you mean Giefer, he is only on loan isn't he?

Archived