IGNORED

Wood versus Abraham

Fordy62

Did anyone else join me in betting on Tammy at the start of the season to be the Championship's (NB not SBC - god I hate that) top scorer?

He moves into the last 2 games 1 goal behind Wood and 2 ahead of Murray and Gayle. 

Wood has to play Norwich & Wigan. 

Tammy has to play Brighton & Blues. 

£20 at 33/1. I hope he pulls it off. 

Anyone know how I stand if it's a tie? Half or full odds?

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Did anyone else join me in betting on Tammy at the start of the season to be the Championship's (NB not SBC - god I hate that) top scorer?

He moves into the last 2 games 1 goal behind Wood and 2 ahead of Murray and Gayle. 

Depends who you bet with. Some will pay out in full but most do half.

Think Tammy has got a real chance of the golden boot especially if Taylor is alongside him, getting the defenders out of position.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Good luck with that, do you know if the bet was "outright leading scorer"? I would assume the wording would have an effect on the pay out in the case of a tie.

This is what skybet say...

When two or more selections are joint winners in an event, dead heat rules may be used to settle bets. This could include two horses crossing the finishing line at exactly the same time, or three strikers tying on 20 goals at the top of the “Top Scorer” tables.

In this situation, dead heat rules will be used, which are worked out by dividing the total stake by the number of participants in the dead heat, and then multiplying by the odds at which the bet was placed. This calculation will give the total return to be collected by the customer.

For instance:

Customer A backs Wayne Rooney for £10 at 6/4 to be Top Premiership Scorer
Customer B backs Darren Bent for £20 at 20/1 to be Top Premiership Scorer
Customer C backs Didier Drogba for £5 at 5/1 to be Top Premiership Scorer

In a three way dead heat the following returns would be expected:

Customer A – (£10 / 3 = £3.33) * 6/4 = £8.33 return
Customer B – (£20 / 3 = £6.67) * 20/1 = £140 return
Customer C – (£5 / 3 = £1.67) * 5/1 = £10 return

So for you Fordy it would be (£20/2 = £10) * 33/1 = £330 if my maths are correct... and if you used skybet. Other bookies use different rules.

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This is what skybet say...

When two or more selections are joint winners in an event, dead heat rules may be used to settle bets. This could include two horses crossing the finishing line at exactly the same time, or three strikers tying on 20 goals at the top of the “Top Scorer” tables.

In this situation, dead heat rules will be used, which are worked out by dividing the total stake by the number of participants in the dead heat, and then multiplying by the odds at which the bet was placed. This calculation will give the total return to be collected by the customer.

For instance:

Customer A backs Wayne Rooney for £10 at 6/4 to be Top Premiership Scorer
Customer B backs Darren Bent for £20 at 20/1 to be Top Premiership Scorer
Customer C backs Didier Drogba for £5 at 5/1 to be Top Premiership Scorer

In a three way dead heat the following returns would be expected:

Customer A – (£10 / 3 = £3.33) * 6/4 = £8.33 return
Customer B – (£20 / 3 = £6.67) * 20/1 = £140 return
Customer C – (£5 / 3 = £1.67) * 5/1 = £10 return

So for you Fordy it would be (£20/2 = £10) * 33/1 = £330 if my maths are correct... and if you used skybet. Other bookies use different rules.

Thank you. Just read that myself actually and I did indeed bet with skybet. If only Tammy hadn't been injured for 5-6 games. 

Coukd do with a Chris Wood red card or a care free resolute Wigan performance!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Thank you. Just read that myself actually and I did indeed bet with skybet. If only Tammy hadn't been injured for 5-6 games. 

Coukd do with a Chris Wood red card or a care free resolute Wigan performance!

Leeds are tanking and pretty much out of the PO race.. fingers crossed for you.

3 minutes ago, Tim S said:

I know this wont count towards Tamm'y Championship goal tally.... but after 7th May, Tammy should be eligible to play for Chelsea. They play Sunderland on last game of the season. If they have the title wrapped up by then, it wouldnt surprise me if Conte game Tammy a place on the bench and a run out at some point - especially if Chelsea rest a couple of players to save them for the FA Cup Final the following week. 

Maybe Tammy to score anytime V Sunderland would be a good bet!  

I don't think that will be possible. The loan has to end during an open transfer window.

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

no comment.

33 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They can only recall (if they have a recall clause) during a transfer window.

Think he they can recall but couldn't use him. It's a football league rule though. It's why we can recall and play McCoulskey because he's in conference 

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

If Tammy had taken the penalties early season (and scored them) he would be way ahead, don't know if anyone else has stated but it's half the stake for a dead heat and not half the odds, it does make a difference

The Gambler doesn't think this makes a difference.

stake * odds * 0.5 

whichever way you look at it.

Defo 2 behind, hopefully he gets 4 against Brum and sends them down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken off in the last game for a standing ovation, and McCoulsky to come on for a bit of game time.

53 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

The Gambler doesn't think this makes a difference.

stake * odds * 0.5 

whichever way you look at it.

As already stated, £10 staked on a 10/1 shot that dead heats, half the odds is 5/1 which equals a £60 return but half the stake is £5 on a 10/1 shot which equals a £55 return so unfortunately for the punter bookies always settle on half the stake and never half the odds 

Archived