IGNORED

which youngters will make it into the team on final day (if we are safe)?

hoxton casual

38 minutes ago, Neo said:

Huddersfield was it? Scored two - nice touches - voted for by sky? Also believe that followed a decent enough performance the match before where he also partnered Abraham - Rotherham maybe?

Scored one , he did work slightly harde but if you ever watch the game back consistently gave the ball away for rest of game

If he was voted MOM that's nuts

Very good player if his head is good but for most of this season it's been anything but and whatever personal situation he has may be a factor - whatever it is IMHO he's not worth a place for me - causes us far more issues than he solves

I'm in two camps here:

1) play your strongest side and also send Brum down (potentially)

2) if you finish high enough, early enough, then you've earned the right to pick whoever you want (within EFL rules).  For the likes of Blackburn or whoever fighting for survival.....tuffski shitski.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm in two camps here:

1) play your strongest side and also send Brum down (potentially)

2) if you finish high enough, early enough, then you've earned the right to pick whoever you want (within EFL rules).  For the likes of Blackburn or whoever fighting for survival.....tuffski shitski.

All true, but if Brentford put out their U-17s v Blackburn and lost 7-0, I would be spitting some feathers. Tricky one.

22 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

If we played that team ,the FA would fine the club for a weakened side. 

Bring McClousky on for the last 20 minutes, for Tammy Abraham to get a standing ovation from the croud.  

What if we won with that side?

They can hardly say "that team wasnt good enough" if you turn a team over

9 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Play the same team but with Kelly and McCoulsky on the bench. Let them on second half at some point. We may as well try to finish higher up in the table. 

My choice also. Those like Vyner, Dowling, O'Leary have already played so Lloyd Kelly appears to be the most promising defender who has not yet made a cameo appearance in the first team.

And unless, the game is very tight and could still have a bearing on the relegation stakes, McCoulsky seems nailed on to replace Tammy for the last ten/fifteen minutes.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Play the same team but with Kelly and McCoulsky on the bench. Let them on second half at some point. We may as well try to finish higher up in the table. 

Would agree with this - no need to make changes like Huddersfield did last weekend - every position higher in the league means more £££££££

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

To be honest, I hope none start, I want the club to be professional,

won't mind a couple coming on however

Have to assume as some point Tammy will be replaced to get a massive ovation from the home fans - that will be the time to bring on McClousky

27 minutes ago, KingLear said:

I'd personally play the same team but bring on McCoulsky at half time for Taylor at least. He deserves a decent amount of time to make an impact considering the season he's had.

Not sure he "deserves" any decent amount of time- he has spent his season at Conference South level - let's get him in for a decent preseason with us, bulk him up and get him either out on loan next season at a higher level 

• Admin
Just now, bcfcshorey said:

We have earned the right to put out whatever side we want by being safe with one game to go.

I hate this whole low strength side rule/guideline!

For anyone that experienced the piss taking we endured when we went down against Birmingham it would be nice to repay the favour

Just now, phantom said:

Would agree with this - no need to make changes like Huddersfield did last weekend - every position higher in the league means more £££££££

Have to assume as some point Tammy will be replaced to get a massive ovation from the home fans - that will be the time to bring on McClousky

Not sure he "deserves" any decent amount of time- he has spent his season at Conference South level - let's get him in for a decent preseason with us, bulk him up and get him either out on loan next season at a higher level 

I thought that for next season...but then immediately regretted thinking of Swindon

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want this to happen at the detriment to the team or the result on the day, we all want to finish as high up the table as we can. I for one though would be very interested to see just how he gets on. Would be a good indication of the sort of level he's at as he is certainly better than the level he's been playing at this season.

I agree with the pre-season, bulk him up, loan at a higher level etc. But I do also personally think that scoring 30+ goals in a season does warrant him deserving his crack at the first team, especially now we can relax with our Championship status secured. Granted he is only 20 years old, but we've seen what a 19 year old can do in the Championship. Just my opinion of course.

36 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want this to happen at the detriment to the team or the result on the day, we all want to finish as high up the table as we can. I for one though would be very interested to see just how he gets on. Would be a good indication of the sort of level he's at as he is certainly better than the level he's been playing at this season.

I agree with the pre-season, bulk him up, loan at a higher level etc. But I do also personally think that scoring 30+ goals in a season does warrant him deserving his crack at the first team, especially now we can relax with our Championship status secured. Granted he is only 20 years old, but we've seen what a 19 year old can do in the Championship. Just my opinion of course.

Bobby Reid was in a similar position, made his debut in the last game of the season against Hull in 2011. I think it's good to give some of the youngsters some minutes just so they have an idea of the level they are aiming for.

Will City fight shy of drafting in any "promising youngsters"? Huddersfield didn't play their strongest XI against Brum last week and lost. The other teams in the relegation area complained and now the League have asked the Terriers to explain themselves with the possibility of sanctions being taken.

Sunday's game would be an ideal opportunity to blood fringe players, but not if it costs the club at a later date.

Archived