IGNORED

We are not safe yet.

tinman85

Part of me thinks it could be better if Newcastle win on Friday. Brighton will have had their lead cut from 7 points to 1 point and would be under a bit of pressure in front of the tv cameras. We have a team of capable youngsters who would be feeling more relaxed now.

If Brighton have already won the league by the time we play on Saturday they will be playing much more freely and could give us a hiding.

Ok so we lose 4.0 to Brighton. Blackburn and Brum win. We could still go down if we lose to Brum and Blackburn win last game. I doubt it but I don't want to count my chickens. Brighton are electric at home and we are poor away. Let's hope results elsewhere help us out before. This season has been dire. Nothing would surprise me. 

Another way of loking at it

all teams involved play 2 games

There are 9 combinations of possible results ww, wd, wl, dw,dd,dl,lw,ld,ll for each team

Lets assume any side level on points with us (apart from Birmingham) win by enough (and we lose by enough) so that they are ahead of us.

So

one combination (LL) for Bristol city could see us down and the same for Birmingham ( assuming no 10-0 freak results) and Blackburn (WW), there are 8 combinations that could see Burton finish ahead of us (all apart from LL) 8 for QPR, and 5 for forest (WW,WD,WL,DW,LW). the odds then can be calculated as 1*1*1*8*8*5 = 320 over 9*9*9*9*9*9   or 320/531441 or roughly 6 chances in 10000 or 1666/1.

Just for interest you could bet that the results as at Saturday at 5pm would leave us needing something from our last 2 games. To do this you would need 18 lines to cover all the possible combinations and the lowest payout would be £95.92 for your 18 £1 lines

On 24/04/2017 at 14:10, CotswoldRed said:

Shame we capitulated to Preston as it would all be over now. 

Ifs and buts at every turn. 

If we had won 8 of the matches we lost, we would be on 75 pts, 1pt behind 6th place Fulham (with 2 games left to play). 

It's all ifs, buts & maybes.

6 hours ago, GoodridgeandGoater said:

I'm with you in wanting to guard against complacency!  At this time of the season strange things happen with out of form results often based on teams who need points finding a way of getting them against those with nothing to play for. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blackburn beat villa on Saturday. QPR v Forest will also be a very interesting game. 

But - for all those things to happen is one hell of an accumulator. Maybe we can relax just this once...

Particularly since QPR`s last game is Norwich away - they won`t want to be needing something there.

1 hour ago, Tangle Foot said:

If we had won 8 of the matches we lost, we would be on 75 pts, 1pt behind 6th place Fulham (with 2 games left to play). 

It's all ifs, buts & maybes.

If we'd won every game we'd be Champions

If we lost every game we would have been relegated by February

1 hour ago, publandlord said:

There are 9 combinations of possible results ww, wd, wl, dw,dd,dl,lw,ld,ll for each team

Lets assume any side level on points with us (apart from Birmingham) win by enough (and we lose by enough) so that they are ahead of us.

So

one combination (LL) for Bristol city could see us down and the same for Birmingham ( assuming no 10-0 freak results) and Blackburn (WW), there are 8 combinations that could see Burton finish ahead of us (all apart from LL) 8 for QPR, and 5 for forest (WW,WD,WL,DW,LW). the odds then can be calculated as 1*1*1*8*8*5 = 320 over 9*9*9*9*9*9   or 320/531441 or roughly 6 chances in 10000 or 1666/1.

Just for interest you could bet that the results as at Saturday at 5pm would leave us needing something from our last 2 games. To do this you would need 18 lines to cover all the possible combinations and the lowest payout would be £95.92 for your 18 £1 lines

After all your anallises  landlord, there isnt a chance in hell that were going down.

It's over were just watching what's going on.

And there is an outside chanch we could poop the party!!!!

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Noticed this on Brums Forum

From what I've heard on Facebook you can still purchase etickets in the home end with no booking history directly from bristols website for £16

Could be interesting !

Best have extra checks for stupid accents on the turnstiles. 

6 hours ago, tinman85 said:

This is Bristol City. We never do it the easy way!

The one thing I would say is that no one that it doesn't matter for seems to give a monkeys, Wolves for example who have put zero effort in to the last two games including Blackburn, and Villa ( at Blackburn ) and Huddersfield ( at Brum ) now have nothing immediate to play for 

Wagner has just basically said he will put out weakened sides for the last two games before the play offs

2 hours ago, publandlord said:

So

Did you take into account that QPR are playing Forest in one of the remaining matches, so they can't both win?

On 24/04/2017 at 14:05, WessexPest said:

No, we're safe. Although I expect Villa to put in absolutely zero effort against Blackburn considering Birmingham plight. A Blackburn win in that one is a banker. 

I can see a Football League enquiry pencelled in already. A comedy gold moment in the making :)

22 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If we have no keeper on the bench Saturday and Frankie gets sent off conceding a penalty in first minute , flowed by Flint and Korey for arguing and Villa have to field their U16s against Blackburn due to a vomiting bug through the whole club we could be a bit nervy going into the Brum game 

What world do you live in!

8 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Did you take into account that QPR are playing Forest in one of the remaining matches, so they can't both win?

yes I did, if Forest and QPR were in the same position as Blackburn and Birmingham (can only get ahead of us by winning both games) you would be correct however as a draw in this game together with a win for Forest in their other game would see them above us.  1 chance in 1666 is still pretty unlikely dont you think?

2 hours ago, publandlord said:

yes I did, if Forest and QPR were in the same position as Blackburn and Birmingham (can only get ahead of us by winning both games) you would be correct however as a draw in this game together with a win for Forest in their other game would see them above us.  1 chance in 1666 is still pretty unlikely dont you think?

Image result for so you're telling me there's a chance

Archived