IGNORED

Ched Evans

ColeCiderRed

Obviously don't know all the details but sums up loyalty in modern football. He owes his current club a great deal of gratitude for believing in him during his case when no one else would.

Personally don't think he'll do much at Championship level. He wasn't anything special at this level at his peak let alone now.

Just now, Selred said:

Very odd signing. 

Only 7 goals in league one this season and after everything I see no need to cause more controversy for the club. £500k apparently, massively over the top on all scales.

Did not read the potential fee. That's quite a lot I would have to agree.

57 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

He hasn't set the world alight at Chesterfield especially given the standard of the league.

I think Sheffield will find the step up much more significant since they were last in the Championship - with or without Evans. But they certainly need more than Billy Sharp to stay up. 

A lot of your fans on here said exactly the same about us last summer, our fans knew we'd do well this season due to the squad we had and our head coach, but your lot wouldn't have any of it, the truth is football is played on the pitch and until Shitfield United have played ten games or so, at this level I think it's pointless trying to predict how they'll get on . 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Very odd signing. 

Only 7 goals in league one this season and after everything I see no need to cause more controversy for the club. £500k apparently, massively over the top on all scales.

Chesterfield are the worst side in the division to be fair.  It still seems an odd signing if you take all the politics out of it.

He should be allowed to get on with his life - doesn't stop me from thinking he's a scum bag.

As to the football:
Hard to say how well he's doing? Could be a case that he's getting back into the game after his break and he might develop as he's challenged etc. I suspect that it's a case of 'Watch this space'.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

A lot of your fans on here said exactly the same about us last summer, our fans knew we'd do well this season due to the squad we had and our head coach, but your lot wouldn't have any of it, the truth is football is played on the pitch and until Shitfield United have played ten games or so, at this level I think it's pointless trying to predict how they'll get on . 

The betting industry (and this forum) would die overnight if people stopped predicting - lighten up - it hardly affects your mob anyway.

Can't believe Sheffield utd are going to spend another £500,000 on ched Evans after already spending £3million on him years ago buying him from man city !!

Also he's had a below par season with Chesterfield , I know chesterfield aren't the best team but tammy proves you can score goals in a crap team!!

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Is £500k a lot in the Championship these days? I wouldn't say it was. I do agree that this is a strange move by the Blades, but hardly a massive gamble.

It seems a lot when we managed to bag one of L1's top goal scorers for £300k

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

That is all true.

What is also true is Wigan pissed that league last year and Will Grigg scored 25, this season they are going back down and he has scored 5.

3 hours ago, sodburyred said:

Obviously don't know all the details but sums up loyalty in modern football. He owes his current club a great deal of gratitude for believing in him during his case when no one else would.

Perhaps the best thing he can do for Chesterfield is leave if it nets them £500k. Perhaps they have even said as much to him, who knows.

5 hours ago, sodburyred said:

Personally don't think he'll do much at Championship level. He wasn't anything special at this level at his peak let alone now.

They will get a fee for him though , not having to pay to sign him

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

Why oh why bother ?

He has been found NOT Guilty so no problems him playing on.  If a girl goes back to a Hotel with two guys and pizza and wine what did she think was going to happen. I don't think they were going to play snakes and ladders or Monopoly, sounds like a good time girl. 

44 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

He has been found NOT Guilty so no problems him playing on.  If a girl goes back to a Hotel with two guys and pizza and wine what did she think was going to happen. I don't think they were going to play snakes and ladders or Monopoly, sounds like a good time girl. 

That's a bit like saying why mourn the death of a soldier? If he/she goes to war and dies what did he/she expect would happen?or a boxer gets in a ring and dies what did they expect?

Not really sure that's the brightest thing to say in all fairness two sheds.

9 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

She went back to the hotel with Clayton McDonald and the jury used the same logic to find him not guilty. Ched Evans arrived later, after receiving a txt from McDonald, and left by a window to avoid being seen! The first jury decided the woman was too drunk to agree by the time Evans arrived, but on appeal this was overturned. He's definitely been found not guilty, but still not the sort of player a club could involve in any community activities. 

On 25/04/2017 at 09:40, TwoSheds said:

You're not suggesting she was "asking for it" are you?  Are you suggesting that agreeing to eat pizza is the same as consenting to sex?

FFS, haven't we moved on further than this?

Archived