IGNORED

Asda in Bedminster - parking

SecretSam

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

@SecretSam just wear your pyjamas and the cameras will automatically assume you're actually a legit customer and will NOT fine you. To enhance your credibility as a regular visitor you could also drag a dog around with you on a piece of frayed old rope and/or sit on the wall outside muttering incomprehensible nonsense to passers by. 

Is that before or after eight hours on the 'natch in the"Little Grovener"..??

32 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Is that before or after eight hours on the 'natch in the"Little Grovener"..??

Before AND after judging by some of 'em! I guess Asda is convenient stop off en route from the Little Grosvenor to the Barley Mow to pick up some fags mind. 

I have a company vehicle and just today got told of a final notice. My work aren't aware of any previous letters being sent. 

I asked if I have a working duty/policy to pay it, but they said yes and the onus is on me as the alleged driver to pay the fine.

In return I said it's a charge and not a fine. It was then a matter of I do what I want on the matter, but would be liable if I have to pay anything.... and do I want to pay?!

I took some wise words from our mate Aden Flint. Same word; three times ;)

17 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Over behind the old Brooke Bond warehouse, now called Spike Island, on street parking there round by the marina on match days and evenings. Put Sydney Row in the sat nav, 10 minute walk along the river.

Ta - will remember that one!

14 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I have a company vehicle and just today got told of a final notice. My work aren't aware of any previous letters being sent. 

I asked if I have a working duty/policy to pay it, but they said yes and the onus is on me as the alleged driver to pay the fine.

In return I said it's a charge and not a fine. It was then a matter of I do what I want on the matter, but would be liable if I have to pay anything.... and do I want to pay?!

I took some wise words from our mate Aden Flint. Same word; three times ;)

I think company parking fines are a tax-deductible expense?  So you can get your employer to pay, then reimburse them the tax free sum!

17 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Over behind the old Brooke Bond warehouse, now called Spike Island, on street parking there round by the marina on match days and evenings. Put Sydney Row in the sat nav, 10 minute walk along the river.

14 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Ta - will remember that one!

Be aware that having now publicised this, there will be no available spaces in future!!!

:no:

18 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Sydney Row (which runs alongside the Orchard) is not a very big road so I'm not sure I'd bank on finding a space mind.

First thing is to take your time responding, but do respond eventually.  Their deadlines are bogus. If it's passed to another company respond to the original one. 

I got one of those and wriggled out of it by telling them I wasn't the driver (true) and that the driver had used Asda (true). They tried to get me to provide proof that the driver had used Asda but eventually just went quiet.

To summarise, put doubt in their minds, delay and play silly buggers...

Agree with all the above, don't pay. There is a good thread on martin lewis moneysaver web site with loads of good advice. As someone else said if it's the council then no choice you have to pay. As its private tell them you weren't the driver (be careful of cctv though) and that is the person they should speak to. Leave it at that, don't tell them you know who the driver is etc. You could always send them a couple of quid to cover their admin costs and any loss of revenue (none) from you taking the space for longer than the 2-3 hrs.

50 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Agree with all the above, don't pay. There is a good thread on martin lewis moneysaver web site with loads of good advice. As someone else said if it's the council then no choice you have to pay. As its private tell them you weren't the driver (be careful of cctv though) and that is the person they should speak to. Leave it at that, don't tell them you know who the driver is etc. You could always send them a couple of quid to cover their admin costs and any loss of revenue (none) from you taking the space for longer than the 2-3 hrs.

That's how many tickets are still available for Sunday, would be great if we could sell the lot it's what the team deserves,a packed mem, hope the club have options in place to shift the last few if they don't sell, giving them away to students would be a nice gesture.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6400/450-counting#ixzz4fKwjkVmd

they may have your address but it's up to them to prove who was the driver 

I have had a few parking charges and never payed any of them 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If I parked there going to football I would pay as it is only fair. Their parking area is for shoppers not for City fans. I have been caught for fast speeding in England and I have always paid. I did the wrong thing and I would let myself down not paying for my mistake. 

My invoice is for £100 by parking in a residential complex and causing no issues to anyone.

The pikey bastards can go **** themselves.

Not a penny from I.

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

My invoice is for £100 by parking in a residential complex and causing no issues to anyone.

The pikey bastards can go **** themselves.

Not a penny from I.

If it was a residential complex how did you know it didn't cause any issues, as it's not like parking in Asda?

58 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

If it was a residential complex how did you know it didn't cause any issues, as it's not like parking in Asda?

No obstruction to others and not using a designated bay.

They can threaten, but as mentioned, if I do want to contest, there are pre-set forms I can use. My mate got a invoice once for not parking in his spot momentarily and did nothing... no problem after they sent threats.

On 26/04/2017 at 09:39, CyderInACan said:

Sydney Row (which runs alongside the Orchard) is not a very big road so I'm not sure I'd bank on finding a space mind.

Sydney Row itself is difficult because he double yellowed the gaps, there are spaces round behind Sydney Row by the marina, there are some industrial units there, ok to park in the evening and saturday afternoons.

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Update: I paid.  TBF, they had me bang to rights.  Next time, I'll know better.

Made it a blinkin' expensive trip (200 miles+ fuel, plus ticket, plus fine!) but worth it for the 3-1 vs Wolves.

COYR

Would have nearly been cheaper getting a taxi there and back! Mind you, the cider bill would have been considerably higher than it was I`ll be bound.

4 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Sydney Row itself is difficult because he double yellowed the gaps, there are spaces round behind Sydney Row by the marina, there are some industrial units there, ok to park in the evening and saturday afternoons.

But will you be able to get along Cumberland Road due to the road closures from early morning?

9 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Update: I paid.  TBF, they had me bang to rights.  Next time, I'll know better.

Made it a blinkin' expensive trip (200 miles+ fuel, plus ticket, plus fine!) but worth it for the 3-1 vs Wolves.

COYR

Like **** did they.

No private parking firm have a legal right to invoice you for parking.

Archived