IGNORED

You're Going Down

slartibartfast

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We needed a win to have a chance of automatics didnt we? I remember a sending off and a Roberts goal.

Iirc that season we finished outside the playoffs and were never really in contention for promotion. It was the season Gary Johnson joined and we lost 9 games on the bounce (league and cup).

A couple of years earlier we needed a win to stand a chance of automatic promotion away to Chesterfield and had two players sent off before they went on to win 2-0 (and confirm their own survival in L1). 

Just now, Northern Red said:

Did we send Rotherham down on the last day in 2007 when we went up, or had they already gone by then? 

They were long gone by then.

11 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

That was Peterborough 

We did beat Peterborough by the same scoreline a year later but we definitely relegated Brentford on the last day. I remember an extremely overweight and mouthy Brentford fan giving it the biggun at the front of the old Park End. Before long, almost the entire ground were singing "He's fat! He's round! His team are going down, baldy!! Baldy!!!"

I would rather see Blackburn go down. Can't stand those horribly little Northern clubs.

Happy to see 3 Northern clubs go down to their level. Between those 3 teams combined they barley bring a 1000 fans to Ashton Gate

Birmingham is easy to get to , got no issue with them. Good away support adds to a sense of an occasion.

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We did beat Peterborough by the same scoreline a year later but we definitely relegated Brentford on the last day. I remember an extremely overweight and mouthy Brentford fan giving it the biggun at the front of the old Park End. Before long, almost the entire ground were singing "He's fat! He's round! His team are going down, baldy!! Baldy!!!"

Haha I remember that, he wanted to take on the whole of Dolman B Block!

We sent Swindon down for sure.

We were feeling doomed for weeks- 2013 is the obvious example but the one I remember more vividly was 1999. They spiked our little revival and we were basically down when we lost to them. Was a controversial game too!

One I would really love to see slip is Hollowhead's QPR...but they are surely safe.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No it wasn't it was Brentford - read the summary of their season here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992–93_Brentford_F.C._season

Yes, I just remembered that one before I read your post. Didn't we have a kiddie score for us on debut? I remember walking across the park after and seeing a young Bees fan in tears being comforted by his dad, I did feel a bit sorry for him ! 

Just now, slartibartfast said:

Yes, I just remembered that one before I read your post. Didn't we have a kiddie score for us on debut? I remember walking across the park after and seeing a young Bees fan in tears being comforted by his dad, I did feel a bit sorry for him ! 

I was in the Park End/Open End that day and saw lots of Bees fans in tears after, I felt like apologising as we had nothing to play for and stuffed em! I can only remember Leroy bagging some, not sure who the kiddie was?

That was a ridiculous season, we got thrashed loads - 1-5 at home to the Hammers, 5-0 in Newcastle, 4-0 by the gas, 4-1 at the Blades, 4-1 at Millwall, 5-1 at Brentford....

2 hours ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Remember being away at Sheff Utd when they were relegated. 1988. Playoffs.

Remember being away at Sheff Utd when WE were relegated. 1999. I was living there at the time and a Tram conductor the following day said we were the loudest fans they'd had that season!

Archived