IGNORED

Peter Aitkin testemonial

the frampton balti

One of the eight.

Looks like trevor to me!

Please correct me if i am wrong. 

Regardless why is the website so badly maintained. New players take months to be listed . Stats inaccreate or non existent. Surely someone fanatical about the city with it skills and ocd or that autism from the strange case of the dog in the thingy thing should have this job . Site is shite considering there are so many bcfc geeks out there.

curious!

8 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

One of the eight.

Looks like trevor to me!

Regardless why is the website so badly maintained. New players take months to be listed . Stats inaccreate or non existent. Surely someone fanatical about the city with it skills and ocd or that autism from the strange case of the dog in the thingy thing should have this job . Site is shite considering there are so many bcfc geeks out there.

curious!

comopletely agree. it is really badly maintained on stats and updates

3 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

whats been left phanto?

The site.

Its a contractual one all clubs outside the prem have*.

The deal/contract ends soon (this season?) so we wont be tied into it after that.

*clubs that were in the Prem, like Villa, dont have to use it because they werent in the 2nd-4th division at the time. Not sure if teams that got promoted were able to change the site early.

6 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

One of the eight.

Looks like trevor to me!

curious!

More info here mate: 

6 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

autism from the strange case of the dog in the thingy thing should have this job . Site is shite considering there are so many bcfc geeks out there.

curious!

The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night Time? (Great read, uncannily accurate if you've taught kids on the sharp end of the spectrum).

Curiously, while looking to quote the name of the book, you used 'strange'...and then finished with the word 'curious'. It must have been in your subconscious all the time.

Curious!

Also, agreed: the site is shyte. It took them two years to take down pics of Cunningham, JET & Baldock on a banner headline. Are all clubs this bad with official sites?

6 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night Time? (Great read, uncannily accurate if you've taught kids on the sharp end of the spectrum).

Curiously, while looking to quote the name of the book, you used 'strange'...and then finished with the word 'curious'. It must have been in your subconscious all the time.

Curious!

Also, agreed: the site is shyte. It took them two years to take down pics of Cunningham, JET & Baldock on a banner headline. Are all clubs this bad with official sites?

I dont think so, but I can remember Dave L (I think, maybe someone else who had a role with the club) saying about the website deal and time remaing in a response to a thread about how shite the layout was (this was about 2-3 years ago now) and I got the impression the club are waiting for it to end and will make more effort with the new one (I got a feeling it might just all be on the Bristol Sport one or we will see the same layout for the City website).

Doesnt excuse the state of the current one mind

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Been updated now - have Dave as SLO still

Thanks Phantom ,sorry mate whats an slo and who is dave. I quite often feel that people are talking in some sort of code on this forum or maybe i am just a bit SLO. Was a bit flippant of me do call you ' phanto' some people dont appreciate their names being shortened. thanks for the prompt reply. It was definitely a picture of trevor though wasnt it?!

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Curious!

Thanks , i couldnt think of the name. It was a good book . Lets hope the club can employ someone with bcfc aspergers soon!

Where is the best place for city stats at the moment. lets say i wanted to look up team line up for bristol city v middlesborough 1978,, did joe royal score an hatrick on his debut at the gate???

On 4/25/2017 at 17:24, the frampton balti said:

Thanks , i couldnt think of the name. It was a good book . Lets hope the club can employ someone with bcfc aspergers soon!

Where is the best place for city stats at the moment. lets say i wanted to look up team line up for bristol city v middlesborough 1978,, did joe royal score an hatrick on his debut at the gate???

I'd have to say David Woods books. 

City v Boro, 78/79: Shaw, Sweeney, Gillies, Gow, Rodgers, Hunter, Tainton, Ritchie, Royle, Mabbutt, Whitehead (1-1)

City v Boro 77/78: Shaw, Sweeney, Merrick, Gow, Collier, Hunter, Tainton, Ritchie, Royle (debut), Gillies, Whitehead, (sub Cormack) 4-1 yes!

both taken from D Woods The Modern Era, A Complete History (from 67/68) (it's here, beside me - I didn't know those line-ups off by heart)

That's the best book I've found. Online, the 11v11 website is ok, but that far back can be patchy. Don't mean to sound ancient, but a book's the best!

29 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

City v Boro, 78/79: Shaw, Sweeney, Gillies, Gow, Rodgers, Hunter, Tainton, Ritchie, Royle, Mabbutt, Whitehead (1-1)

City v Boro 77/78: Shaw, Sweeney, Merrick, Gow, Collier, Hunter, Tainton, Ritchie, Royle (debut), Gillies, Whitehead, (sub Cormack) 4-1 yes!

both taken from D Woods The Modern Era, A Complete History (from 67/68) (it's here, beside me - I didn't know those line-ups off by heart)

That's the best book I've found. Online, the 11v11 website is ok, but that far back can be patchy. Don't mean to sound ancient, but a book's the best!

I've got that one and it is brilliant, been looking for the other two without much luck so far.

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've got that one and it is brilliant, been looking for the other two without much luck so far.

The one up to 1987, with photo of FRT 86 on the front? I'd say it's not nearly as detailed as the one you've got. Got the best one, there, Mike (if I have that right from your splendid youtube vids). Besides, you have all the games and goals taped, so just wade through them for stats!!!

11 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

The one up to 1987, with photo of FRT 86 on the front? I'd say it's not nearly as detailed as the one you've got. Got the best one, there, Mike (if I have that right from your splendid youtube vids). Besides, you have all the games and goals taped, so just wade through them for stats!!!

I`ve got the first two and the second one with the little match reports for every game is my favourite, brings it all back. Didn`t realise there was a third though what with everything being on the internet now.

Going to have to dig mine out now!

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve got the first two and the second one with the little match reports for every game is my favourite, brings it all back. Didn`t realise there was a third though what with everything being on the internet now.

Going to have to dig mine out now!

The 'modern era' one seems the easiest to pick up, I think I've seen them from about £15. The second one I can only find on Kindle , and no luck with the first one. The little reviews are the reason I've been looking, be great if they were reissued.

4 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

yep books are best be great if all this info was catalogued on the site though. Thank you for this I was guessing that the royle hatrick was 78. Nice that you confirmed. I was right behind the goal in the open end! A mere whippasnappa. He looked a bit out of condition! What a great debut ..

4 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I've got this one by David Woods. I inherited it when my old man passed away... I love flicking through the pictures and checking a fact or 5! From day 1 to 1993-1994 season.

https://goo.gl/images/y6Nr2K

• Admin
On 4/25/2017 at 17:18, the frampton balti said:

Thanks Phantom ,sorry mate whats an slo and who is dave. I quite often feel that people are talking in some sort of code on this forum or maybe i am just a bit SLO. Was a bit flippant of me do call you ' phanto' some people dont appreciate their names being shortened. thanks for the prompt reply. It was definitely a picture of trevor though wasnt it?!

Hi @the frampton balti

SLO - Supporters Liaison Officer, used be "Dave" Lloyd but was replaced by Adam Baker and Rachel Lemarr

Archived