IGNORED

Lansdown upper tier

Robbored

I sat up there for the Newcastle game and I had to keep reminding myself I was actually at Ashton Gate! Its a different world completely, the view is mindblowing. It did feel a bit detatched from the atmosphere but thats mostly because there werent many of us up there. With the Atyeo completely closed for home fans next season, I guess its more likely we can get bigger crowds there.

On 4/25/2017 at 12:06, Robbored said:

Just changed SC seat from the Dolman the Upper Teir in the Lansdown for the Brum game. Always been keen to see what the view is like from up there.

Has anyone seen a match from there?

I was led to believe switching wasn't possible? I'm in the South Stand but might be interested.

On 2017-4-25 at 12:25, Monkeh said:

yea I watched the rotherham game from up there,

view isn't much different to the dolman, its just the 3 million steps you need to walk up to get up there

Yep, it's a lot of stairs to walk up - was surprised my thighs started burning.

Great views been up their twice, one tip - food and drink from the lower concourse has more selection and less likely to run out. There are limited options once you go up, and it's a bloody long way back down and up again.

The stairs are a bit of a climb but it's really not that bad. My 2 year old walked up unaided for our second switch up their and for the first I carried him up there. It's comfortable enough for anyone who's not disabled or infirm. 

Why are so many paying such close attention to how many seats are left for sale..?! 

We will find out the attendance on Sunday week, we know it's going to be decent, so why are people getting so obsessed by it..?

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

With it being an early kick off, big crowd, and the 10k run going on with roads closed, I just hope everyone gets into the stadium on time.

We'll be leaving an hour and a half earlier just in case...

Yeh I agree I'm driving down from Scotland  staying overnight before in a hotel :laugh:. Just hope they make it worth my while :laugh:. 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

With it being an early kick off, big crowd, and the 10k run going on with roads closed, I just hope everyone gets into the stadium on time.

We'll be leaving an hour and a half earlier just in case...

Thanks for mentioning this, I had no idea! Going to be fun trying to find parking. Might consider the train to save the hassle I think!

4 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Soft cushy seats ffs. carpets next and a double glazed surround to keep out the nasty cold weather :facepalm: what has football become.

It's an option. If you don't want that, then sit elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, cynic said:

I think you would be better off taking the train tbh.

We'll be on the train rather than drive - 10 minute drive to Keynsham and then only about 8 minutes to Temple Meads. 

Leg it to AG in 25 minutes.

I wouldn't even think of using the car for this game.

Train booked! Worked out not much difference when considering petrol and that. Can have a few ciders now! Thanks again!

Archived