IGNORED

Lansdown upper tier

Robbored

Just now, Robbored said:

Just changed SC seat from the Dolman the Upper Teir in the Lansdown for the Brum game. Always been keen to see what the view is like from up there.

Has anyone seen a match from there?

Only been open once hasn't it?!

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just changed SC seat from the Dolman the Upper Teir in the Lansdown for the Brum game. Always been keen to see what the view is like from up there.

sat with left leg one side of half way line right leg the other side of the line the view is absolutely fantastic.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

yea I watched the rotherham game from up there,

view isn't much different to the dolman, its just the 3 million steps you need to walk up to get up there

13 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Went up there for the Blackburn game, the view is superb but I felt a little detached from the game. 

Edit: this was my view:

20161022_150712.jpg

Wow! I see what you mean.

Reminds me of the view we had at the Camp Nue. Just a bit higher...........:shocking:

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How did you change seats? Did not think it was possible.

Been there twice. Prepare yourself for a long walk up the steps to the upper tier!

It is a fantastic view of the pitch, really gives you a good sight of the formations/movement of players. Does feel a bit like you're in the clouds as you're far above the rest of the ground but I'd gladly sit there regularly if our crowds were ever large enough to justify it.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Selred said:

How did you change seats? Did not think it was possible.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just phoned up. Easy peasy. All you need is your supporter ID number.

Would guess @Mkelly needs to clarify this PDQ, as the OS clearly stated there was no opportunity to relocate

Capture.PNG

42 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yea I watched the rotherham game from up there,

view isn't much different to the dolman, its just the 3 million steps you need to walk up to get up there

Oh yeah, should say .....

get the lift !!  :blink:

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Would guess @Mkelly needs to clarify this PDQ, as the OS clearly stated there was no opportunity to relocate

Capture.PNG

I emailed Bristol Sport  as I wanted to move.

After originally saying they will not move any tickets, now are saying only season ticket holders can move.

Not very happy as I would of held off getting tickets if I knew I could move to the Lansdown upper.

Oh and there are lifts you can use if you don't fancy/can't use the steps. 

We swapped into there for the Blackburn game, which I think was the first time it had opened. From memory there is much less room for the queues for the bars etc in that upper concourse, so it was pretty rammed at HT up there.  

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Pretty usual for ST holders to change seats to any other part of the ground - but you're only allowed 3 swaps per season. 

It'll be the only time I swap. I just want to se what's it's like up there.

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

It'll be the only time I swap. I just want to se what's it's like up there.

I swapped from the Dolman for the Blackburn game. Obviously, the view is perfect but I felt a bit detached from the rest of the ground TBH and I was in the front row of the upper tier. Those stairs are a pain as well especially if you're getting on a bit but I would imagine the lifts are working now.

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

Looks like the tickets are flying out.

Another half a block open (W2) and only W1 yet to open.

Must be around 22k or so sold with a week and a bit to go. 

Could be a silly question but if there is only half of W2 and the whole of W1 to open, what are we talking about 22k? Isn't the capacity 27k? Do we think that the majority in the upper are transfers from elsewhere in the ground?

I sat up there v Rotherham and have to say the view is fantastic. You get a great sense of the patterns of the game, movement of players etc.

I know what people mean by feeling a bit detached though, it almost felt like we were in a separate ground at times. I imagine it will be a lot better up there if it's full, it was pretty empty for the Rotherham game. 

On 25/04/2017 at 12:12, City Rocker said:

Went up there for the Blackburn game, the view is superb but I felt a little detached from the game. 

Edit: this was my view:

20161022_150712.jpg

I was there for the Blackburn game and feel the same as you. Great view but a bit detached from the action. Ok now and again but wouldn't move from the dolman . 

Archived