IGNORED

Could Flint say no to Bruce

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

If the Big Man was to get an offer from a club like Villa in the summer, and he wanted out, then I don't think anyone could stand in his way

Been a wonderful signing, but he's getting on a bit in football terms. Magnusson and Moore already here, ready made replacements

I agree we've got people to step in but not sure they would replicate his incredible scoring record...hasn't he scored something like 25 goals in the last three seasons? Or did I dream that?!

Oddly I think if we can get a goalscoring midfielder in and we get the right offer we should let him go. It would give Moore/Mags a chance and defensively Mags isn't a massive downgrade + it younger and will need games if we are to keep him. What we would miss is the goals he adds to the team so if we can add them in somewhere else like midfield and get 7m or more for him then it probably makes sense.

Flinty is Bristol City. He is our identity, our rock. Without him we are just an anonymous team of lightweights and no marks.

25 goals in three seasons from a centre back, some which Messi would be proud of. Outrageous player.

Jesz, lose Tammy and Flinty then pretty much a certainty that LJ will be following very early next season. Can't lose the the 2 outstanding performers of your side and expect to survive. 

4 hours ago, cynic said:

Maybe time for him to move on ?

We need to keep turning over players to give others like Moore, Vyner, and Magnusson opportunities - all three have the potential to fill his boots.

With Hegeler more than capable of centre back we have enough cover imo.

Get 5m+ for him and jobs a good 'un.

Scores crucial and a fair amount of goals though which no other defender can come close to - winners at Wigan & Home to Barnsley say it all as we'd be in the mire without those extra 4 points

9 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Scores crucial and a fair amount of goals though which no other defender can come close to - winners at Wigan & Home to Barnsley say it all as we'd be in the mire without those extra 4 points

Whilst i agree about the goals he has made plenty of mistakes in defence this season.

At the end of the day the business model is buy cheap, develop and sell on. If the right money comes in we should sell. 

As much as I like him he's been a mainstay in a bloody awful defensive unit, or rather several. Not attributing blame specifically to him but it can't be overlooked. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

At the end of the day the business model is buy cheap, develop and sell on. If the right money comes in we should sell. 

As much as I like him he's been a mainstay in a bloody awful defensive unit, or rather several. Not attributing blame specifically to him but it can't be overlooked. 

What you really mean to say is " we won't sell him to another Championship club and that he's worth ten million quid " .

Just now, Tammys Scan said:

Hopefully he goes, silly money aside, I think he's peaked with us. Whether he has peaked or we can't coach him any further, he hasn't improved on where he falls short for a while now.

This is just where I have this nagging doubt that Flint could develop further under Bruce .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This is just where I have this nagging doubt that Flint could develop further under Bruce .

Possibly, but the aim is to get the most potential money right? If we can't help him we may as well get as much as possible!

38 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Flinty is Bristol City. He is our identity, our rock. Without him we are just an anonymous team of lightweights and no marks.

25 goals in three seasons from a centre back, some which Messi would be proud of. Outrageous player.

Jesz, lose Tammy and Flinty then pretty much a certainty that LJ will be following very early next season. Can't lose the the 2 outstanding performers of your side and expect to survive. 

The pressure on LJ (and MA and staff) aint going away. Bed-sheets with "midget" and "get your Johnson out" can be ignored; replacing those two can't. 

I imagine Villa would be an attractive proposition for most players at our level so couldn't really blame him, but I'll be gutted if and when he goes. He's up there alongside my favourite ever City players. Even though we have good players at the back in Magnusson, Wright and potentially Moore, I think Flint will be difficult to replace.

Archived