IGNORED

Brighton away, anyone going? (Merged)

Katsou87

54 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Official Site says 800 sold. I've just bought 2.

Brighton have asked for any leftovers to be handed back so they can sell them to home fans.

And put them in with us, I don't think so. Even if we have been selling block by block that's going to be a bit difficult. 

Nothing agaist Brighton, and I understand the need to be there if you are Brighton fan, but I don't want anyone celebrating next to me, especially as we stand at the moment. And anyway if you had been with Brighton through thick and thin you deserve a ticket and would have one by now through other means, eg ST holder, membership etc. If you are looking for a home ticket now you are a Glory Hunter of the finest, and I could do without standing next to someone who hasn't got a clue about their own team never mind mine! :bruce_h4h:

40 minutes ago, RedM said:

And put them in with us, I don't think so. Even if we have been selling block by block that's going to be a bit difficult. 

Nothing agaist Brighton, and I understand the need to be there if you are Brighton fan, but I don't want anyone celebrating next to me, especially as we stand at the moment. And anyway if you had been with Brighton through thick and thin you deserve a ticket and would have one by now through other means, eg ST holder, membership etc. If you are looking for a home ticket now you are a Glory Hunter of the finest, and I could do without standing next to someone who hasn't got a clue about their own team never mind mine! :bruce_h4h:

Apparently we've already returned 100 tickets.

50 minutes ago, RedM said:

I take the point entirely, but have we not done something similar now and again with the Atyeo? If they have been sold block by block, then in principle I have no problem with them having some back, subject to segregation etc.

Think it is all moot, as I believe we got 1300, sent a 100 back, and Brighton fans have been told to expect no more.

got my tickets earlier today looking forward to is as will be my first visit to Amex thought I'd better had as get the feeling we won't be meeting them in the league again anytime soon, think we have sold around 850 to date so probably take around the 1000 mark, im hopeing for a 0-1 win with Matty Taylor getting a late winner to reward his recent preformances should be a good day out regardless specially if the earlier results go our way,as I have family there to stay with meaning I get to have a few beers afterwards ready for the Joshua vs klitschko fight, happy days :thumbsup:

Dislike Brighton as they are an arrogant bunch of ***** going by forum and social media. There were a few Brighton lads giving it the biggun chanting down north street and a couple of them got a few slaps and ran away. I also remember the fans giving shit to a couple of families walking by them at the playoff final. Hope they get smashed by Palace.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Dislike Brighton as they are an arrogant bunch of ***** going by forum and social media. There were a few Brighton lads giving it the biggun chanting down north street and a couple of them got a few slaps and ran away. I also remember the fans giving shit to a couple of families walking by them at the playoff final. Hope they get smashed by Palace.

I've had similar experiences. They are a smug bunch, that's for sure!

I'll be happy to see them rot back in the leagues with the gas after a short stint in the big time, where they belong.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Bit harsh I think @RedM. If you're a Brighton exile or not able to make many games for any number of good reasons, then you may well not be a member or STH but you might still reasonably want to attend one of the biggest games in your club's history!

I also don't think you need to worry about Brighton fans being next to you, they will already have allowed for segregation and will just position this according to the number of away fans attending - you won't be stood next to them!

I'd like to go to this game but I can't. Got a lot of time for Brighton, always struck me as a decent club. Enjoyed my trip their last season (result aside of course).

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Bit harsh I think @RedM. If you're a Brighton exile or not able to make many games for any number of good reasons, then you may well not be a member or STH but you might still reasonably want to attend one of the biggest games in your club's history!

I also don't think you need to worry about Brighton fans being next to you, they will already have allowed for segregation and will just position this according to the number of away fans attending - you won't be stood next to them!

I'd like to go to this game but I can't. Got a lot of time for Brighton, always struck me as a decent club. Enjoyed my trip their last season (result aside of course).

Yeah maybe I'm being harsh, I guess I've done a lot of away games this season and pretty much got used to them being a miserable experience, so I don't want anyone happy near me spoiling my day! Ha ha

6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I've had similar experiences. They are a smug bunch, that's for sure!

I'll be happy to see them rot back in the leagues with the gas after a short stint in the big time, where they belong.

Agreed with this:

I live in Worthing and it's ridiculous how smug they act especially when starting to talk about this up coming game. 

Seems to be an issue down that way with the people as I get similar responses from sussex cricket fans as well.

Never seen so many "fans" coming out of the thin air to follow them now. Getting annoying haha!

4 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Catching the train from Laaandaaan, never been Brighton, any advice? Hope to see you all there!

Give yourself time to travel to the ground from Brighton train station to Falmer.

Southern is awful and the trains will be packed obviously. 

Drinking wise stay in Brighton as there's nothing that close to the ground. 

Wish I could go to be honest! 

Sure others will have things to add and maybe disagree with me...

Enjoy it!

Brighton have been put through trials that make our season here look like a 4-year-old having a pointless tantrum.

That they survived, got a new stadium and have prospered is largely down to diehard supporters refusing to give up.

I have a lot of time for the club.

12 hours ago, RedM said:

Yeah maybe I'm being harsh, I guess I've done a lot of away games this season and pretty much got used to them being a miserable experience, so I don't want anyone happy near me spoiling my day! Ha ha

It's unallocated seating I believe, so they can just adjust the segregation to suit.

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Brighton have been put through trials that make our season here look like a 4-year-old having a pointless tantrum.

That they survived, got a new stadium and have prospered is largely down to diehard supporters refusing to give up.

Indeed. Along with Bournemouth, they're a team I'm really pleased to be doing well and I'd much rather see them in the top flight than a team that another of the usual suspects for promotion.

I'm looking forward to Saturday although, contrary to one of the posters above, I really hope we don't play any youngsters. I hope we can against Birmingham but, for now, we need to prepare on the basis we need a result to guarantee survival. 

I've just looked on my ticket, I'm in S1C, seat number in the 800's! So I guess if we haven't sold S1A out the segregation could be moved there?

I do fully understand their need to get more in, but at the same time there can be so many jobsworth stewards who try insist you sit in your own seat, that it will hack me off if I'm told to do that and then find I can't !

imagejpeg

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Helps if you have a supportive Council and an investor who is willing to spend £250,000,000, that is a quarter of a billion smackers to buy your way to the Premiership. When we played down at the Withdean they were the most expensive away ticket that season. Let's hope they manage their relegation because it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I've just looked on my ticket, I'm in S1C, seat number in the 800's! So I guess if we haven't sold S1A out the segregation could be moved there?

I do fully understand their need to get more in, but at the same time there can be so many jobsworth stewards who try insist you sit in your own seat, that it will hack me off if I'm told to do that and then find I can't !

Just checked...

It's unallocated seating so you can sit where you like. Tickets will just have a seat number just to keep track of numbers, similar to how the East End worked.

590078967e49e_ScreenShot2017-04-26at11_34_33.thumb.png.80499f7f947d2553197d85708aa6bcb6.png

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. Along with Bournemouth, they're a team I'm really pleased to be doing well and I'd much rather see them in the top flight than a team that another of the usual suspects for promotion.

I'm looking forward to Saturday although, contrary to one of the posters above, I really hope we don't play any youngsters. I hope we can against Birmingham but, for now, we need to prepare on the basis we need a result to guarantee survival. 

Will be interesting to see if we do play any youngsters.  Given there is still a tiny chance we could be relegated, I suspect not.  Imagine playing a load of youngsters, losing 6-0 and getting relegated on goal difference on the final day!!! (I realise this is extremely unlikely).

Archived