IGNORED

Brighton away, anyone going? (Merged)

Katsou87

• Admin
4 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

For anyone like myself with a london address currently theres a block on selling tickets to london postcodes until they verify whether i'm on Brightons database, guess theres been a few who've tried 

Guess it kind of makes sense

Remember when we went to Burnley a few years back on the last game - we had to go in some side entrance and with ID to prove we were City fans - they were that concerned home fans has purchased in the away end

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Brighton have been put through trials that make our season here look like a 4-year-old having a pointless tantrum.

That they survived, got a new stadium and have prospered is largely down to diehard supporters refusing to give up.

I have a lot of time for the club.

So do I.

Wasn't it their chairman who came to support some AV meeting or other?

Not many did that as I recall.

44 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

For anyone like myself with a london address currently theres a block on selling tickets to london postcodes until they verify whether i'm on Brightons database, guess theres been a few who've tried 

I bought mine yesterday, though I have an Essex postcode, hopefully that won't cause problem.

51 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I have a London postcode - bought mine a week or so ago and there was no mention of any check.  I bought mine through Bristol Sport and logged in with my BCFC ID though - maybe that helped prove I was a real away fan.

9 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

I can see another 5 nil score line. Then City will be in big trouble...again (or like all season with a **** in charge).

Be mad to say it is not possible, clearly they are where they are for a reason, Having said that, as long as we take it very seriously, no need to be terrified. Brighton recently won at home by the single goal to Blackburn and Wigan, and assuming we keep it to there or there abouts might be a score line where everyone is fairly happy.

I see Wagner has implied Huddersfield will rest some players at Birmingham,and Villa will be taking over 6,000 to Blackburn. Got to wonder what result they will be cheering for! The only worry is that we are the only team (bar Birmigham) with a game against a team with something to play for, and we have two of them. Hopefully Villa can get a point at Blackburn and we can all relax.

I'm genuinely surprised (pleasantly) that we are pushing 1,000 for this game. Being on sky, bank holiday weekend and being all but safe, I really thought we'd struggle to top 2-300. 

Well done to everyone who's going, have a good trip & enjoy what's bound to be a great atmosphere. Let's hope it's us in the not too distant future..!! 

10 hours ago, walnutroof said:

I have a Sussex post code, and as my wife supports Brighton am also on the Brighton website for purchasing tickr

ets, had no problem buying tickets via Bristol Sport online.

Really need us to win 

On 26/04/2017 at 10:30, Whitchurch1966 said:

Helps if you have a supportive Council and an investor who is willing to spend £250,000,000, that is a quarter of a billion smackers to buy your way to the Premiership. When we played down at the Withdean they were the most expensive away ticket that season. Let's hope they manage their relegation because it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

A supportive Council? Are you taking the piss? That's somewhat negated by the one that cost us a near decade in appeals.

Could you explain how that money has 'bought our way to the Premiership'? Firstly, this is not a chinese consortium, this is a Brighton born businessman with several generations before him of positions within the club who regularly travels with the fans on the train and with us in the stands. Second, let's put it into context - we are obviously immensely grateful for how he has fastracked what would have otherwise taken further decades of recovery after what Archer and Stanley did to us. However, if you set aside the monetary contribution (168M for the stadium) and see it from the perspective of; one owner/s asset stripping us and selling our ground from under us, to another owner who gave us a home again then I can't see how any set of fans would begrudge it after the fight we put up which consumed much of our lives at the time. So saying that particular portion of investment has 'bought' us anything other than a place for our club to continue to exist (albeit a rather nice place) and play football in is risable.

As for the excess, he has also funded a state-of-the-art training ground and Cat A academy, all laying groundwork for the future. A large part of our losses, which are a popular topical caveat to our promotion on social media, are down to depreciation on these assets. Admittedly Tony Bloom has been subsidising the playing budget to the tune of 10M per season which is largely consumed by wages, but that opens up the debate of how do you remain competitive at this level and stand a chance of the big time against the absurdity of parachute payments? We are very lucky, no albion fan will dispute that.

But unless you count being 9th highest championship wage bill or smashing our transfer record (of 2M) at the start of this season by buying a defender for 4M (inclusive of addons) then I can't see how you could possibly say we bought anything other than a fighting chance. As to your sinister 'disaster waiting to happen' remark should we get relegated, I would not hold out any hopes if I was you.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. The last time I managed to catch a game of yours you pasted Hudds about 4-0 which doesn't bode well. Tammy Abraham looks quality. We certainly aren't expecting an easy ride with your current form but I obviously hope things pan out to script as I think you will be safe regardless. Either way I think it will be a close game.

5 minutes ago, OllyBHAFC said:

A supportive Council? Are you taking the piss? That's somewhat negated by the one that cost us a near decade in appeals.

Could you explain how that money has 'bought our way to the Premiership'? Firstly, this is not a chinese consortium, this is a Brighton born businessman with several generations before him of positions within the club who regularly travels with the fans on the train and with us in the stands. Second, let's put it into context - we are obviously immensely grateful for how he has fastracked what would have otherwise taken further decades of recovery after what Archer and Stanley did to us. However, if you set aside the monetary contribution (168M for the stadium) and see it from the perspective of; one owner/s asset stripping us and selling our ground from under us, to another owner who gave us a home again then I can't see how any set of fans would begrudge it after the fight we put up which consumed much of our lives at the time. So saying that particular portion of investment has 'bought' us anything other than a place for our club to continue to exist (albeit a rather nice place) and play football in is risable.

As for the excess, he has also funded a state-of-the-art training ground and Cat A academy, all laying groundwork for the future. A large part of our losses, which are a popular topical caveat to our promotion on social media, are down to depreciation on these assets. Admittedly Tony Bloom has been subsidising the playing budget to the tune of 10M per season which is largely consumed by wages, but that opens up the debate of how do you remain competitive at this level and stand a chance of the big time against the absurdity of parachute payments? We are very lucky, no albion fan will dispute that.

But unless you count being 9th highest championship wage bill or smashing our transfer record (of 2M) at the start of this season by buying a defender for 4M (inclusive of addons) then I can't see how you could possibly say we bought anything other than a fighting chance. As to your sinister 'disaster waiting to happen' remark should we get relegated, I would not hold out any hopes if I was you.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. The last time I managed to catch a game of yours you pasted Hudds about 4-0 which doesn't bode well. Tammy Abraham looks quality. We certainly aren't expecting an easy ride with your current form but I obviously hope things pan out to script as I think you will be safe regardless. Either way I think it will be a close game.

Bit touchy? You have a stadium build in an area of natural beauty, our council stopped our new ground going ahead because someone walked a dog on the land a couple of times in the last 20 years. Whichever way you spin it, it has cost you £250,000,000 to get where you are now, and if you come straight back you may well be in the pooh, which bit did I get wrong?

1 minute ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Bit touchy? You have a stadium build in an area of natural beauty, our council stopped our new ground going ahead because someone walked a dog on the land a couple of times in the last 20 years. Whichever way you spin it, it has cost you £250,000,000 to get where you are now, and if you come straight back you may well be in the pooh, which bit did I get wrong?

If we come straight back down which may very well happen, then we will continue on exactly as we did before only our owner won't need to subsidise the playing budget as we'll have parachute payments. Something I would not want to boast about as I think they only serve foreign owners and in turn the PL's goals of a closed shop.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

For what its worth I think Brighton have done very regarding budget over the years. Their stadium took ****** ages as well so fair play to them, but just dont come here giving it the biggun like most BHA i see on social media.

Every club has *****, some more than others (leeds).

And most of them hang out on social media so doesn't surprise.

It will be difficult not to rub your faces in it considering Saturday will be a continuation of a promotion party and spirits high, which is why I hope results go your way to be mathematically safe even if you do end up losing, though your GD should see you safe regardless.

Feel free to come in the North Stand concourse after the game for drinks, win lose or draw. We don't bite.:thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, OllyBHAFC said:

Every club has *****, some more than others (leeds).

And most of them hang out on social media so doesn't surprise.

It will be difficult not to rub your faces in it considering Saturday will be a continuation of a promotion party and spirits high, which is why I hope results go your way to be mathematically safe even if you do end up losing, though your GD should see you safe regardless.

Feel free to come in the North Stand concourse after the game for drinks, win lose or draw. We don't bite.:thumbsup:

Congratulations on promotion. Nice to see a new team going up for a change.

My son has been at uni in Brighton so I went last season. We were unlucky to lose I thought. Was really impressed with the ground and joined up public transport. A train stop right next to the stadium. Free bus/ train travel included in the ticket price. What a contrast to Bristol where the council seem to have no idea how to integrate transport.

I will be there again this season. Good luck to Brighton in the Prem although I hope we catch them celebrating on Saturday. Tammy could do worse than a season long loan there. Close to home, pretty good chance of lots of game time. His chance to prove what he can do at that level. Much as I would love him to stay it ain't gonna happen.

On 26/04/2017 at 10:30, Whitchurch1966 said:

Helps if you have a supportive Council and an investor who is willing to spend £250,000,000, that is a quarter of a billion smackers to buy your way to the Premiership. When we played down at the Withdean they were the most expensive away ticket that season. Let's hope they manage their relegation because it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

A bit unfair to be honest. The majority of the money (not 250), has been spend on the new ground, Training facility and projects within the local community. Bloom has only spend net 4.5million net on players as we have sold quite a few over the 8 year period he has been in charge. We are very lucky to have a real supporter who has money, but we have done it with the 9th biggest budget in the league, think I saw that you guys have spent more than us?, maybe wrong?. Yes we might go down, but our infrastructure is superb, better than a lot of premier teams. If Palace can stay up for 3 years with a club build on a 'house of cards' with no investment of stadium, academy and paying players like Adebeyor in a year what we have spend on transfer fees, then we have a good chance. 

Remember who helped you on your stadium plans, Martin Perry who came to you to help with plans and future, we like to think we are a good community club that nearly went out of business 20 years ago and have slowly build up to be a premier league club. Its been a tough ride with lots of pain and can assure you it has taken a lot more that Mr Blooms money.

Brighton and Hove Council were good, but Lewes council were gits and caused a 4 year delay, due to a error in the planning permission, but agree you need a good council and local backing.

Hopefully enjoy the game on Saturday, always had time for City after the playoff final in Cardiff a few years back, stuck in a traffic jam coming out, a city fan in a car next to me gave me a cold can of cider, a nice touch I thought. Please come in the North stand after the game and you will be treated well by us fans, I can assure you of that.   

On 2017-4-27 at 17:08, Whitchurch1966 said:

I'm guessing you don't know much about how difficult it was for us to get planning permission as you wouldn't be making such comments if you did.

The £250m is largely on infrastructure. As others have said, 9th highest budget from last accounts (will be higher this season mind) and £4.9m net spend over last 8 years. We've been very fortunate but it's been steady evolution and progression rather than going out and splashing £50m on players or something.

The £250 is all owed to the chairman, Tony Bloom and is an unsecured interest free loan which he has said he doesn't expect to recoup. So we don't owe money to anyone other than the chairman who is a lifelong fan whose family have been on the board for generations. 

We may well come straight back down but it wouldn't leave us in the pooh. Even if we do and never return, it still feels surreal and a lifelong dream to know we're going to have a season at the top table again.

Best of luck to City next season. Fantastic City and would be a great addition to the Premier League if you could get up there. 

Congratulations to Brighton on their promotion but I have to say that I went to uni down in Brighton and I never found their fans to be a very pleasant bunch. Arrogant and "precious" sums it up. And this was back in the Withdean days! They must be absolutely insufferable now with all the fairweather fans coming out of the woodwork.

I would love to piss on their party a bit but I think we'll get done comfortably, possibly by 3 or 4. As long as we avoid such a scoreline I'll be satisfied.

6 hours ago, Turkey said:

I'm guessing you don't know much about how difficult it was for us to get planning permission as you wouldn't be making such comments if you did.

The £250m is largely on infrastructure. As others have said, 9th highest budget from last accounts (will be higher this season mind) and £4.9m net spend over last 8 years. We've been very fortunate but it's been steady evolution and progression rather than going out and splashing £50m on players or something.

The £250 is all owed to the chairman, Tony Bloom and is an unsecured interest free loan which he has said he doesn't expect to recoup. So we don't owe money to anyone other than the chairman who is a lifelong fan whose family have been on the board for generations. 

We may well come straight back down but it wouldn't leave us in the pooh. Even if we do and never return, it still feels surreal and a lifelong dream to know we're going to have a season at the top table again.

Best of luck to City next season. Fantastic City and would be a great addition to the Premier League if you could get up there. 

Visited your place last season, enjoyed it apart from the score, ( deffinate penalty for us ) really nice stadium, and town?!?

palarse next season, might get a bit hairy waiting for a train back in the same queue after the game?

Archived