IGNORED

Pre- season friendly.

Vincent Vega

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not only a long waiting list but also a massive "match fee"

Didn't Bournemouth have to pay Real Madrid £2million or something for their pre season friendly a couple of seasons back. Then had to charge £60 a ticket to help cover it. 

Hardly worth it. 

Part of the problem with that game was they had just under 12k seats available, at least we could double that - so maybe £30 a ticket?

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Where are they going???

North Somerset???

Portishead......, Clevedon......., Weston........???

:dunno:

I see Weston announced yesterday they are playing the Gas and Argyle pre-season

They get them and Exeter every pre-season

Would make a guess we might play Plymouth this summer; newly promoted, close by and seem to have a decent link with them thanks to loaning them players.

Would be nice to see someone like Southampton head to Ashton Gate; established Premier League team and could bring a few fans along due to proximity.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Fortunately I have zero interest in pre-season friendliest so I don't really care who City play at AG.

The only teams I'd bother to watch would be Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool or Arsenal and can't see City attracting any of them.

Sorry RR we could only get Bayern Munich. Shame you won't be there...

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I have suggested this before but here goes again.

Bristol is twinned with Hanover and Bordeaux so a three team pre-season tournament held alternately in each city. A week or so in each of those cities in July would be great.  

Also twinned with Tbilisi, Beira (Mozambique), Puerto Morozan (Nicaragua), Guangzhou and... Porto. Eight team tournament would be awesome. 

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Play the gas . Sell it out. Stuff em . Mind the gap!!

Whilst I agree, their so called supporters will destroy the Atyeo. The extra finger on each hand comes in useful when pulling up a plastic seat to launch on to the pitch or into the Dolman...

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Part of the problem with that game was they had just under 12k seats available, at least we could double that - so maybe £30 a ticket?

Whilst I'd love to see City play the likes of Real Madrid and I would go to see it at whatever price, it's all a bit naff in a preseason friendly. 

I hope we don't go down this route and use preseason as an effective build up for the coming season, rather than vanity exhibition fixtures. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I have suggested this before but here goes again.

Bristol is twinned with Hanover and Bordeaux so a three team pre-season tournament held alternately in each city. A week or so in each of those cities in July would be great.  

And Porto mate - I reckon that would be 3 good friendlies tied up with a competitive edge.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Fortunately I have zero interest in pre-season friendliest so I don't really care who City play at AG.

The only teams I'd bother to watch would be Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool or Arsenal and can't see City attracting any of them.

You left out your favourite team!

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

have to agree,

I have next to zero interest in pre-season, means nothing, people over react to bad results zero atmosphere at most games,

The only game I tend to sit up and take notice of is the community game against the small guys, the likes of Keynsham and Portishead,

I'm expecting us to play Clevedon Town or Oldbury or something,

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Certainly seemed to work wonders last time. I'd be all for that. 

Likewise, worked brilliantly and I think it was stated that they would do it again but not too often as it loses impact. 3 years on I think going back to Botswana or similar could be an excellent idea especially with such a changed squad

I'm sure we'll cram in a game at Twerton Park. I'm a bit ambivalent toward any friendly game whether it be Bristol City or England. It's a game with no edge and I lose interest quite quickly. Maybe I've never quite recovered from sitting on the terraces at Twerton years ago wondering who had less interest - Tony Fitzpatrick or me. Wouldn't object to a trip to Chippenham. If the club were going to tour Scotland, I'd be up for a bit of a tour myself mind

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Whilst I agree, their so called supporters will destroy the Atyeo. The extra finger on each hand comes in useful when pulling up a plastic seat to launch on to the pitch or into the Dolman...

:laugh:. That'll be a good thing right?!!

16 minutes ago, shelts said:

:laugh:. That'll be a good thing right?!!

Only if SL has planning permission to replace it. Would save on demolition costs and then we can sue Wally for the damages. He's owns the 6th richest club don't you know...

Let them in!

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

If City could attract a massive club then it would be a huge coup for our club and the city of Bristol. Problem is every club would like the same.

I dare say that these massive clubs have a waiting list for pre-season matches but who wouldn't want to see top international players at AG?  

I dont care

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Only if SL has planning permission to replace it. Would save on demolition costs and then we can sue Wally for the damages. He's owns the 6th richest club don't you know...

Let them in!

Let them dismantle it brick by brick and build them an Atyeo stand stand at the mem!!

Archived