IGNORED

West Ham, Newcastle

11 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

and fat sam has managed both...shock

10 years and 3 years ago and sacked by both, cleared of any wrong doing by a police investigation and the advice was confirmed by the FA as being with in the law,

so I don't see how it could be linked,

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

There was something mentioned about arrests or information from France too. They've both been involved with transfers to and from Marseille over the last few years , some of which have been sold by Marseille who've re-brought them a season or two later.

Interesting. The Payet 'saga' was a bit overplayed wasn't it? 

47 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So would Newcastle...in my opinion of course.

Yes it would, always had ideas above their station.  Coincidence is it that they secure a Prem promotion, and the very next day they get raided, smacks of hurting them big time, bet Udders are thinking... what if?:pray: 

According to the BBC the fraud amounts to 5m. Will be interesting to see the outcome of this , although I imagine it will be very drawn out

Also seen that HMRC officers have been sent to Chelsea for information about the raids. Could be to do with Batsuhayi if the Marseille side of the story is true. Could see Spurs involved next.

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Didn't both Swindon in 1990 and some Italian clubs not so long back get demoted two divisions for breaking tax rules? If this has legs then it might end up with only Rotherham going down!

Swindon is one thing. The likes of Newcastle and West Ham will not have the book thrown at them in the same way.

4 hours ago, lenred said:

Great point RR. If (and it's obviously a big if ATM) they have committed any type of tax fraud whatsoever then they should have the book thrown at them and then the key thrown away as well. I imagine the public outcry will be huge and quite rightly so. Going to be a very interesting few months! 

No doubt outraged fans will be holding coffee morning meetings in Starbucks and Costa's all over the country to discuss the matter if indeed this turns into a scandal of substance.

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

West Ham really are as bent as they come.

Olympic Stadium

Tevez

The bloke that scored against us in the FA Cup

Should have the book thrown at them.

Then  Lenred ;) will be able to throw those pesky keys away once and for all!

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

no, too much of the season has gone for that, they would be denied promotion, possibly thrown out of the league, who knows,

If they were to be denied promotion for example, Huddlesfield would go up in their place and Leeds would take the last play-off place,

If thrown out blackburn could be spared relegation with an extra team coming up from the conference for example,

Too early to say anything but this could be bad, Newcastle are prob in the worst position, the EFL punishments are a lot harsher then the prem

What about if West ham are guilty too? 

I don't expect any immediate effect on any promotions, relegations for some time. If they've broken the law and defend it it will take ages.......the Rangers tax case (against the "old" club) is still going on- and this first broke SEVEN years ago!

Even then I doubt the PL will come down hard on any member of their"club". If the clubs were smaller it might make a difference, Swindon got a double relegation and Luton a 30 point deduction that effectively relegated them into the Conference.

A fine is probably as bad as it gets for the big money clubs.

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

doesn't say anything to be honest, not until the facts are in public domain,

There are plenty of Legal tax avoidance schemes, which is why loop holes are being closed, to be raided and people arrested must means they have proof, the thing is companies get raided by tax officals all the time, they don't stick in your mind because you haven't heard of them or they just aren't news worthy,

Take this for example https://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2017/april/hmrc-pledges-further-targeted-activity-on-tax-evasion-following-raid-on-financial-firm/

Two high profile football clubs are

Behave. You only have to look at that trio's buisness morals that they naturally carry over into running their football empires. 

The sum of evasion is being touted as 5 million which is laughable. About the same as 'Dodgy' Dave Cameron avoided from his Fathers estate

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

I don't expect any immediate effect on any promotions, relegations for some time. If they've broken the law and defend it it will take ages.......the Rangers tax case (against the "old" club) is still going on- and this first broke SEVEN years ago!

Even then I doubt the PL will come down hard on any member of their"club". If the clubs were smaller it might make a difference, Swindon got a double relegation and Luton a 30 point deduction that effectively relegated them into the Conference.

A fine is probably as bad as it gets for the big money clubs.

Be nice if all points were expunged though - Blackburn did the double over Newcastle.

Just sayin`:fear:

Archived