IGNORED

NFL draft

'Orns

Getting close now, I'm far too excited about this

Love Draft Day, will have a couple of podcasts set to download over night, resist the temptation to read the website in the morning, and listen to how it unfolded on the way to work on Friday

Hoping the Saints add some smash mouth to the defence

Also glad that we haven't seen trades going off in the run up like we did last year. Even though the Browns HAVE to pick Garrett (surely?) the fact that nothing has leaked yet does keep you guessing.....

Love it

Ah, that time of the year already. Just sit back and take in the atmosphere of all that horse....trading. I reckon people could suffer ill health from the smell of all that lucre. Still, a great occasion to enjoy, especially as the teams don't pay the amounts of cash to first rounders like they used to.

18 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Ah, that time of the year already. Just sit back and take in the atmosphere of all that horse....trading. I reckon people could suffer ill health from the smell of all that lucre. Still, a great occasion to enjoy, especially as the teams don't pay the amounts of cash to first rounders like they used to.

Going back thru wiki on drafts from years gone by, some of the contracts for #1 / first round picks are just obscene

These kids can still set themselves up for life in the cards go their way tonight, good luck to them all. Apart from however goes to Atlanta :ph34r:

Well, that draft didn't go as I expected. Chicago gave away the farm for Trubisky, will be interested to hear @Emperor Palpatine thoughts on that one, seems odd to me when Glennon is getting paid very well 

Chuffed with Lattimore falling to 11. Ramczyk I'm not overly excited about, but it's a need. Won't get another OT at 42, but should still be a highly rated pass rusher there

Glad that Conley went in 1st round. If the allegations are untrue, and there appears to be enough witnesses and video evidence to back the lad up and the Raiders made him take a polygraph, apparently, then I'm glad his stock wasn't hurt too much by someone wanting to make a few dollars. Easy targets these lads, keep the fists down and the old boy locked in your pants for a while. Can't be that hard, can it?

Cleveland must be happy with their haul, 3 great players heading up there if what I've read and seen are to be believed. Really hoping they can take a step forward

Cleveland certainly made the draft a work of art (although far from a finished article), Da Bears must feel pretty happy that they only need one player this year and still a good set of players waiting for the next rounds. Niners might just have the ace up their sleeves, too. All set for tonight's mania at the war rooms.

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Well, that draft didn't go as I expected. Chicago gave away the farm for Trubisky, will be interested to hear @Emperor Palpatine thoughts on that one, seems odd to me when Glennon is getting paid very well 

Chuffed with Lattimore falling to 11. Ramczyk I'm not overly excited about, but it's a need. Won't get another OT at 42, but should still be a highly rated pass rusher there

Glad that Conley went in 1st round. If the allegations are untrue, and there appears to be enough witnesses and video evidence to back the lad up and the Raiders made him take a polygraph, apparently, then I'm glad his stock wasn't hurt too much by someone wanting to make a few dollars. Easy targets these lads, keep the fists down and the old boy locked in your pants for a while. Can't be that hard, can it?

Cleveland must be happy with their haul, 3 great players heading up there if what I've read and seen are to be believed. Really hoping they can take a step forward

Been getting my head round it all day but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Trubisky was a player bandied around that the Bears would pick in the 2nd round but they must seem as a future franchise QB, he'll shadow Glennon for a season or two and then if he is still here will probably take over. For me the problem seemed to be Cutler, I was a fan of his but he couldn't lead the line and was too inconsistent... I was also under the impression that neither Pace or Fox wanted him.

I trust Pace 100%, his previous drafts have been excellent and has rebuilt a young and improving D plus we have some great weapons on the offensive side but we've lacked a star QB. It's a big risk of course but as we won't be winning the Superbowl anytime soon it's best to go down this road. The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was we are in need of a safety and Jamal Adams would've been perfect.

Typical Bears fans overreaction mind, 20x worse for moaning than City fans ;)

1 hour ago, Super said:

Haven't followed any of it, Have Redskins brought in anything decent?

The Skins have picked Jonathan Allen, the 6'3" 286-pound Defensive Lineman from the Crimson Tide. He said he was 'blessed' to have been picked by his local team and looks a good acquisition. He was a unanimous first-team All-American selection, and ended up seventh in the Heisman trophy. His name was expected to feature really high up, but somehow was still there in 17th - and was at the top of Jay Gruden's list.

4 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

The Skins have picked Jonathan Allen, the 6'3" 286-pound Defensive Lineman from the Crimson Tide. He said he was 'blessed' to have been picked by his local team and looks a good acquisition. He was a unanimous first-team All-American selection, and ended up seventh in the Heisman trophy. His name was expected to feature really high up, but somehow was still there in 17th - and was at the top of Jay Gruden's list.

Cheers mate. Sounds promising def was so poor last season.

Why, have you not heard? Philadelphia is the City of Brotherly Love. Just imagine what his reception would be like if they didn't like him...

Some interesting but not necessarily astonishing picks coming through. Always feel the best of the draft often comes late on and many have proved it in the past.

Well, some good moves by the Browns but a gutsy call to wait until pick #52 to select Fighting Irish QB Kizer, who was still available. The Pack strengthen their porous secondary, but there are a few teams whose choices are filling up the social media. No massive shakes on the second night and perhaps not many to come.

On 4/28/2017 at 17:45, Emperor Palpatine said:

Been getting my head round it all day but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Trubisky was a player bandied around that the Bears would pick in the 2nd round but they must seem as a future franchise QB, he'll shadow Glennon for a season or two and then if he is still here will probably take over. For me the problem seemed to be Cutler, I was a fan of his but he couldn't lead the line and was too inconsistent... I was also under the impression that neither Pace or Fox wanted him.

I trust Pace 100%, his previous drafts have been excellent and has rebuilt a young and improving D plus we have some great weapons on the offensive side but we've lacked a star QB. It's a big risk of course but as we won't be winning the Superbowl anytime soon it's best to go down this road. The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was we are in need of a safety and Jamal Adams would've been perfect.

Typical Bears fans overreaction mind, 20x worse for moaning than City fans ;)

Read something interesting last night that Pace & Fox don't get on at all. I know NO were gutted to lose Pace, very highly rated. Old school vs new skool, perhaps?

Also read that the Bears invited Glennon to their big draft party, then he watched stunned as they selected his (presumed) replacement. That seems a little odd to me!!

Not so much the pick that bothered me, if they believe in him then fair play, but to move up to 2nd ahead of a team that hasn't been linked with a QB in any draft I read. Even odder...

Archived