IGNORED

EFL Digital and BCFC Player Statement

hoxton casual

17 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

They must be constantly updating IPs. I use PrivateInternetaccess and there are services I can't access wherever I locate myself. 

It uses DNS address to point you to unlocator service then select country you would like to simulate. From a user perspective pretty transparent, also they list any issues being encountered. $60 for the year so not expensive.

21 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

You'll be able to pay to watch the game live on a season long basis, or on a match by match basis. Only applies to those subscribers outside the U.K. 

New in house website launching in July. 

Oh Happy Days! The airfare hotels cars that will save. Fingers crossed they will come through with this!

2 hours ago, Dogbert said:

I agree, it isn't worth even trying to blacklist VPNs. 

I'd have thought they'd only make the feeds available to those with a non UK billing address.

That's also very easy to get around. I've done it myself a few times to buy stuff from a foreign Xbox store to get a game earlier or cheaper

All,

Yes there will be a replacement for Bristol City Player HD.

As shared with our website working group, we aim to place videos free on to the website next season, however, the broadcast of live audio/video must remain behind a paywall.

That means the BBC Radio Bristol online broadcasts will require a subscription, and - should we go down the route of live video - games would also be screened behind a paywall and ONLY outside of the UK and Ireland.

I don't want to share exact charges yet because that's something we're still discussing with the FLi. We'll have more information in due course as we get closer to wrestling ourselves from the shackles of FLi.

Regards,

Adam

23 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

You'll be able to pay to watch the game live on a season long basis, or on a match by match basis. Only applies to those subscribers outside the U.K. 

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

All,

Yes there will be a replacement for Bristol City Player HD.

As shared with our website working group, we aim to place videos free on to the website next season, however, the broadcast of live audio/video must remain behind a paywall.

That means the BBC Radio Bristol online broadcasts will require a subscription, and - should we go down the route of live video - games would also be screened behind a paywall and ONLY outside of the UK and Ireland.

I don't want to share exact charges yet because that's something we're still discussing with the FLi. We'll have more information in due course as we get closer to wrestling ourselves from the shackles of FLi.

Regards,

Adam

One post suggests "you'll be able to' the other references "should we go down the route". Has Dolls got our hopes up prematurely?

On 4/27/2017 at 16:31, AdamB said:

and - should we go down the route of live video - games would also be screened behind a paywall and ONLY outside of the UK and Ireland.

Understand we are going alone - however everyone staying under the EFL Digital platform will have live streaming with prices already announced at £110 per season for expats based outside the UK & Ireland. 

I would be really disappointed if City decided not to also offer this service considering that most (if not all) of the Championship teams will be offering a live streaming service and feel that it would be a trick missed.

May be i am just annoyed cause i am ready to sign up and pay the annual subscription the day it is released ! 

Bristol Sport are already under contract with a digital agency in Bristol, so it's not like they don't have the connections to already build their own digital platform.

I know the existing contract is up, but it'll be a huge opportunity missed if we don't get a local company to build our new site. Bristol likes to think of itself as the silicon valley of the UK, and it's probably the strongest digital market in the UK outside of London, so we deserve as good a site as any club in this country.

Just when it was almost worth moving the 7 miles, as the crow flies, to a new Country. Adam stated UK and Ireland!

However, I think he just forgot to type in the prefix Northern.

Ireland is in the EU and the other 25 odd countries will be able to get the live video. So, either I move and start a court action based on discrimination etc or I stay put. What a choice!

On 4/27/2017 at 16:31, AdamB said:

the broadcast of live audio/video must remain behind a paywall.

Hi @AdamB

I am going to assume the game will be available on-demand at any time. 

As an expat working and living in a different time zone, it's not always easy to sit and watch live stream.

I am hoping it will be like an "over the top" service that you can start watching any time  even though the game is has started. 

This is the best news in my 14 year exile!!!!

Stevo

• Admin
36 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Hi @AdamB

I am going to assume the game will be available on-demand at any time. 

As an expat working and living in a different time zone, it's not always easy to sit and watch live stream.

I am hoping it will be like an "over the top" service that you can start watching any time  even though the game is has started. 

This is the best news in my 14 year exile!!!!

Stevo

@WayOutWest@AdamB is currently on holiday - so don't panic if you don;t get a reply for another week to ten days

31 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

So more than likely a VPN service will make this work in the UK. Asking for a friend..

I would imagine a quality VPN would work.

Sent from Australia.

Blimey air travel has improved nowadays.

Hi 

Can someone advise, I had a monthly subscription to player which I thought was automatically be cancelled with the changes, but just received this message from eflsupport@neulion.com giving all my details and that a payment of £4.49 has been taken. Does anyone know what was supposed to of happened, I tried email the address but it just bounced back as delivery failure. As the link to access player has now changed on BCFC.co.uk I looked ad efl's web site and did not find much help

Recurring Payment Success Confirmation

We have processed your monthly subscription payment. This message contains your receipt. PLEASE NOTE: This is a recurring subscription. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you may do so by logging into your online account or contacting our Customer Service. Thank you! 

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Hi 

Can someone advise, I had a monthly subscription to player which I thought was automatically be cancelled with the changes, but just received this message from eflsupport@neulion.com giving all my details and that a payment of £4.49 has been taken. Does anyone know what was supposed to of happened, I tried email the address but it just bounced back as delivery failure. As the link to access player has now changed on BCFC.co.uk I looked ad efl's web site and did not find much help

Recurring Payment Success Confirmation

We have processed your monthly subscription payment. This message contains your receipt. PLEASE NOTE: This is a recurring subscription. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you may do so by logging into your online account or contacting our Customer Service. Thank you! 

Best to PM @AdamB. He's in Tenerife though so may not be able to respond until he's back in the UK. But looks like you're still subscribed to old player... 

This thread may help: 

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Best to PM @AdamB. He's in Tenerife though so may not be able to respond until he's back in the UK. But looks like you're still subscribed to old player... 

This thread may help: 

Thanks for the reply, I seem to remember having an email saying I had been charged in error, but looks like they have then just continued to take payments. Will use emails on the other thread and look what has gone out of my account.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 18:06, Dollymarie said:

or those that can use a VPN service hosted outside the UK hopefully :fingerscrossed:

Ok, this isnt related to this but I am trying to purchase a software suite from the US where it is cheaper but using a credit card which is registered to my address in the UK, is this possible?

Perhaps this is for the Non Football section though.

39 minutes ago, screech said:

Ok, this isnt related to this but I am trying to purchase a software suite from the US where it is cheaper but using a credit card which is registered to my address in the UK, is this possible?

Perhaps this is for the Non Football section though.

If you're having the software shipped to the cc address, or you're getting a digital download then there won't be a problem. If you are getting anything physically shipped then you may have vat/import duty issues.

15 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Anybody mention that City are on that list and it seems the club are going it alone and Rovers are not on the list; not going it alone but forgot to lay their subscription?

Think that's where the mix up with continued charges comes from. They thought it was Rovers going it alone and I won't be surprised if their lot have all had their player cancelled without their knowledge. Whereas it's actually us going it alone and it should have been our fans with cancelled player, instead some are still being charged.

On 22/07/2017 at 12:55, Septic Peg said:

This thread may help: 

Yes anyone still being charged by the EFL, please get in touch via email.

Adam

Archived