IGNORED

EFL Digital and BCFC Player Statement

hoxton casual

Dear Mike,

In June 2017 Bristol City will be re-launching their website. As a result, your subscription to PlayerHD will be cancelled. PlayerHD is a service run by EFL Digital Limited, a central collective that provides digital services for football clubs. As Bristol City will no longer be part of EFL Digital, the PlayerHD service will soon close down.

Your club will communicate details around any service that they will be operating on their new website in due course.

If you subscribe on a Monthly basis…

- No further payment will be taken after May 3rd 2017.

- You will have full access until June 9th 2017.

- After June 9th 2017 there will be no access to PlayerHD.

If you subscribe on an Annual basis…

- Auto Renewals (i.e. the process through which your subscription is collected on a yearly basis) has been disabled. You will not be charged further.

- If you have a subscription that runs past June 9th 2017 we will provide a pro-rata refund for the value of your fee still outstanding. These refunds will be processed across the next few weeks and in some cases will have begun already

- After June 9th 2017 there will be no access to PlayerHD.

Your terms and conditions can be viewed here

If you have any questions please email iFollowteam@efl.com

Many thanks

EFL Digital

After 3rd May if you have either a monthly direct debit, or if your subscription auto renews, I would cancel the payments through your banks.

Never rely on a company to automatically cancel them for you.

19 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I hope the club website is better than Player! 

Player was/is ok. I subscribed to it. Logged on after every game to see the different reactions. 

If I going to be critical I'd say it could have done with more amusing/quirky content. Interviews get repetitive after a while.

Hopefully Bristol Sport will take it on but I don't know if would allow access to other clubs Player. 

Slightly old news...

"The English Football League (EFL) has named the two companies which it has enlisted to design and develop its new digital platforms after announcing that Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Both Realise and NeuLion have been awarded the contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.

The news follows one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the EFL’s history which saw over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies jostling for the contracts.

UK based digital agency Realise will design and develop the web and mobile sites for the EFL Digital’s clubs. It will also be tasked with the implementation of the Episerver content management system (CMS).

The streaming, merchandising, and payment services will be provided by US company NeuLion, which already has experience in delivering live football streams with the MLS. NeuLion also has experience in delivering online video through its other clients which include the NFL, NBA, and the UFC.

Shaun Harvey, EFL chief executive, described Realise and NeuLion as “two of the world’s leading digital companies” and said the partnership would “drive additional value for our clubs and produce a series of digital products we can all be proud of.

He added: “The end user, the fans of our clubs, are very much where their collective focus lies and a proven track record, a flexible approach to platform delivery and significant experience in video streaming means we are not only confident in the proposed technical solution but also how it will perform commercially.”

NeuLion’s chief executive, Roy Reichbach, promised to bring fans of the EFL’s clubs the “same level of experience we provide fans of the NFL, NBA, UFC, and others.”

He said NeuLion’s experience in the broadcasting, distribution and monetisation of live video would “enable this next generation fan experience”.

Fiona Proudler, managing director of Realise, added: “Football ignites passion and we feel privileged and delighted at the prospect of working together to deliver digital best of breed solutions with the EFL, its member clubs, sponsors and key partners."

EFL Digital manages and develops the internet and mobile rights of the EFL plus 89 participating clubs - including nine from the Premier League, 71 from the EFL and nine non-league clubs: 

AFC Bournemouth 
AFC Wimbledon 
Barnet 
Barnsley 
Birmingham City 
Blackburn Rovers 
Blackpool 
Bolton Wanderers 
Bradford City 
Brentford 
Brighton & Hove Albion 
Bristol City 
Burnley 
Burton Albion 
Bury 
Cambridge United 
Cardiff City 
Carlisle United 
Charlton Athletic 
Cheltenham Town 
Chesterfield 
Colchester United 
Coventry City 
Crawley Town 
Crewe Alexandra 
Crystal Palace 
Dagenham & Redbridge 
Derby County 
Doncaster Rovers 
Exeter City 
FC Halifax 
Fleetwood Town 
Gillingham 
Grimsby Town 
Hartlepool United 
Huddersfield Town 
Hull City 
Ipswich Town 
Kidderminster Harriers 
Leicester City 
Leyton Orient 
Lincoln City 
Luton Town 
Macclesfield Town 
Mansfield Town 
Middlesbrough 
Millwall 
Milton Keynes Dons 
Morecambe 
Newport County 
Northampton Town 
Norwich City 
Nottingham Forest 
Notts County 
Oldham Athletic 
Oxford United 
Peterborough United 
Plymouth Argyle 
Port Vale 
Portsmouth 
Preston North End 
Queens Park Rangers 
Reading 
Rochdale 
Rotherham United 
Scunthorpe United 
Sheffield United 
Sheffield Wednesday 
Shrewsbury Town 
Southampton 
Southend United 
Stevenage 
Stoke City 
Swansea City 
Swindon Town 
Torquay United 
Tranmere Rovers 
Walsall 
Watford 
West Bromwich Albion 
Wigan Athletic 
Wolverhampton Wanderers 
Wrexham 
Wycombe Wanderers 
Yeovil Town 
York City 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/flinteractive.aspx#oHgGg4f7HpFOMECA.99

Being I'm based outside of Bristol, player has bee useful for commentary, and just hope that moving forward some aspects are improved.

Also on a side note; hope we perhaps appear once or twice more on TV that we've managed this season - four times (Brighton x2, Cardiff and Huddersfield, if I'm not wrong) seems on the low side for a team in this league - pretty sure several have been on more than that in one month.

16 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I do hope they manage to retain the live commentary. It's all I ever subscribed for and I'd be disappointed if we lost it.

The websites were pretty awful but I found the player service pretty decent, especially the mobile app.

With you on this Dan. I have subscribed for the last few years and aside from listening to our games I can't recall the last time I went on to the site to view anything else.

Touching on other comments, I would be surprised (though would be delighted) if some video streaming service was rolled out, but very much hope the existing, or similar, functionality for radio commentary continues: the match-day chat-room faithful need it.

A better press release here of all the changes... 

EFL Digital (formerly Football League Interactive FLi) is today delighted to announce the dual appointment of Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Following one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the history of the EFL, in which over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies expressed an interest, the final two have now been selected for a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season. 

Highlights of the deal include: 

- Seven-year term, including one-year build; 
- New sites go live in July 2017; 
- All sites built responsively and optimised for desktop, tablet and mobile; 
- Flexible approach to design and site layout; 
- Video on demand (VOD) of all EFL fixtures; 
- Video streaming to be delivered in HD; 
- New commercial opportunities via the latest in video advertising; 
- Subscription management and e-billing payments; 
- Secure, future proofed platforms including foreign language capabilities. 

Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-digital-new-long-term-partnerships-announced-3193708.aspx#4xTiMQDRpXrJUZ7r.99

20 minutes ago, Private Cider(cider army) said:

A better press release here of all the changes... 

EFL Digital (formerly Football League Interactive FLi) is today delighted to announce the dual appointment of Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Following one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the history of the EFL, in which over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies expressed an interest, the final two have now been selected for a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season. 

Highlights of the deal include: 

- Seven-year term, including one-year build; 
- New sites go live in July 2017; 
- All sites built responsively and optimised for desktop, tablet and mobile; 
- Flexible approach to design and site layout; 
- Video on demand (VOD) of all EFL fixtures; 
- Video streaming to be delivered in HD; 
- New commercial opportunities via the latest in video advertising; 
- Subscription management and e-billing payments; 
- Secure, future proofed platforms including foreign language capabilities. 

Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-digital-new-long-term-partnerships-announced-3193708.aspx#4xTiMQDRpXrJUZ7r.99

Is this video-on-demand providing EFL Digital outfit the same one we have terminated our relationship with?

The radio commentary was also the only reason I subscribed, but more than often found out we scored (or conceded to be more accurate) on soccer Saturday before it came through on the commentary due to the delay on the commentary. Led to many confusing conversations with the wife as she thought we scored 2 in 30 seconds. 

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Being I'm based outside of Bristol, player has bee useful for commentary, and just hope that moving forward some aspects are improved.

Also on a side note; hope we perhaps appear once or twice more on TV that we've managed this season - four times (Brighton x2, Cardiff and Huddersfield, if I'm not wrong) seems on the low side for a team in this league - pretty sure several have been on more than that in one month.

The minimum requirement for TV is 2 home games per Championship club each season to be shown live. No upper limit, which is why certain clubs seem to be on nearly every week. 

1 minute ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

The radio commentary was also the only reason I subscribed, but more than often found out we scored (or conceded to be more accurate) on soccer Saturday before it came through on the commentary due to the delay on the commentary. Led to many confusing conversations with the wife as she thought we scored 2 in 30 seconds. 

I listened to the Blackburn game, while watching Soccer Saturday, so I paused Soccer Saturday for a couple of minutes to avoid this.

1 hour ago, Private Cider(cider army) said:

As a final comment - for us Expats - I am hoping / it has been suggested that we will have live streams next season on a subscription basis (the platform replacing Player) - this will only apply to expats as the EFL still has rules in place about not streaming 3pm live games within the UK.

You'll be able to pay to watch the game live on a season long basis, or on a match by match basis. Only applies to those subscribers outside the U.K. 

New in house website launching in July. 

54 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I do hope they manage to retain the live commentary. It's all I ever subscribed for and I'd be disappointed if we lost it.

The websites were pretty awful but I found the player service pretty decent, especially the mobile app.

Living outside of Bristol, the player has often been the only way I can listen to the game. 95.5 usually has the Yeovil game and digital radio often has the Rovers game. I would love to see a local TV channel that screened all the City games as not too many are on Sky....Dream on!!. Guess I'll have to buy a ticket more often, maybe move to BS3!!!!

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You'll be able to pay to watch the game live on a season long basis, or on a match by match basis. Only applies to those subscribers outside the U.K. 

Is that confirmed?

Very exciting news, as an expat in the states, if true!

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Wonder how likely something like kodi will be to show all games

Reading tthe above posts does it mean our site won't be "in house" 

10 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

So will we be using a new service specific for Bristol Sport or will it be a new service used by other EFL Clubs? I currently like watching our opponent's manager interview on the other club's Player site, if it's purely BS then that won't be available any more.

It has been outsourced as a group / EFL deal with all the clubs listed above in my previous post. 

Think all the clubs had been waiting some time for the current deal to expire so they were able to modernise (digital world and all that).

For the website personalisation will be allowed for the look and feel so all websites won't look the same like they do at present but will all run on the same back end system.

32 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yes, have been to a bunch of planning meetings, will tag @AdamB so he can give a fuller update when he can. 

Are there any ball park figures regarding the cost per game? I'd be very interesting in this not living in Bristol. I'm sure a VPN could easily address the overseas issue. 

Am I right in thinking that radio.Bristol will be able to.broadcast live commentaries now rather.than be subject to contractual obligations? Or will these restrictions continue under.another guise? Quite frustrating trying to listen over the Internet only to get lower league matches!

Archived