IGNORED

EFL Digital and BCFC Player Statement

hoxton casual

2 hours ago, Private Cider(cider army) said:

Slightly old news...

"The English Football League (EFL) has named the two companies which it has enlisted to design and develop its new digital platforms after announcing that Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Both Realise and NeuLion have been awarded the contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.

The news follows one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the EFL’s history which saw over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies jostling for the contracts.

UK based digital agency Realise will design and develop the web and mobile sites for the EFL Digital’s clubs. It will also be tasked with the implementation of the Episerver content management system (CMS).

The streaming, merchandising, and payment services will be provided by US company NeuLion, which already has experience in delivering live football streams with the MLS. NeuLion also has experience in delivering online video through its other clients which include the NFL, NBA, and the UFC.

Shaun Harvey, EFL chief executive, described Realise and NeuLion as “two of the world’s leading digital companies” and said the partnership would “drive additional value for our clubs and produce a series of digital products we can all be proud of.

He added: “The end user, the fans of our clubs, are very much where their collective focus lies and a proven track record, a flexible approach to platform delivery and significant experience in video streaming means we are not only confident in the proposed technical solution but also how it will perform commercially.”

NeuLion’s chief executive, Roy Reichbach, promised to bring fans of the EFL’s clubs the “same level of experience we provide fans of the NFL, NBA, UFC, and others.”

He said NeuLion’s experience in the broadcasting, distribution and monetisation of live video would “enable this next generation fan experience”.

Fiona Proudler, managing director of Realise, added: “Football ignites passion and we feel privileged and delighted at the prospect of working together to deliver digital best of breed solutions with the EFL, its member clubs, sponsors and key partners."

EFL Digital manages and develops the internet and mobile rights of the EFL plus 89 participating clubs - including nine from the Premier League, 71 from the EFL and nine non-league clubs: 

AFC Bournemouth 
AFC Wimbledon 
Barnet 
Barnsley 
Birmingham City 
Blackburn Rovers 
Blackpool 
Bolton Wanderers 
Bradford City 
Brentford 
Brighton & Hove Albion 
Bristol City 
Burnley 
Burton Albion 
Bury 
Cambridge United 
Cardiff City 
Carlisle United 
Charlton Athletic 
Cheltenham Town 
Chesterfield 
Colchester United 
Coventry City 
Crawley Town 
Crewe Alexandra 
Crystal Palace 
Dagenham & Redbridge 
Derby County 
Doncaster Rovers 
Exeter City 
FC Halifax 
Fleetwood Town 
Gillingham 
Grimsby Town 
Hartlepool United 
Huddersfield Town 
Hull City 
Ipswich Town 
Kidderminster Harriers 
Leicester City 
Leyton Orient 
Lincoln City 
Luton Town 
Macclesfield Town 
Mansfield Town 
Middlesbrough 
Millwall 
Milton Keynes Dons 
Morecambe 
Newport County 
Northampton Town 
Norwich City 
Nottingham Forest 
Notts County 
Oldham Athletic 
Oxford United 
Peterborough United 
Plymouth Argyle 
Port Vale 
Portsmouth 
Preston North End 
Queens Park Rangers 
Reading 
Rochdale 
Rotherham United 
Scunthorpe United 
Sheffield United 
Sheffield Wednesday 
Shrewsbury Town 
Southampton 
Southend United 
Stevenage 
Stoke City 
Swansea City 
Swindon Town 
Torquay United 
Tranmere Rovers 
Walsall 
Watford 
West Bromwich Albion 
Wigan Athletic 
Wolverhampton Wanderers 
Wrexham 
Wycombe Wanderers 
Yeovil Town 
York City 
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/flinteractive.aspx#oHgGg4f7HpFOMECA.99

Old... but not about Bristol City. We are going it alone.

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

Are there any ball park figures regarding the cost per game? I'd be very interesting in this not living in Bristol. I'm sure a VPN could easily address the overseas issue. 

You can guarantee that VPNs will be blacklisted.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

Being I'm based outside of Bristol, player has bee useful for commentary, and just hope that moving forward some aspects are improved.

Also on a side note; hope we perhaps appear once or twice more on TV that we've managed this season - four times (Brighton x2, Cardiff and Huddersfield, if I'm not wrong) seems on the low side for a team in this league - pretty sure several have been on more than that in one month.

Steady on , you can't play Newcastle more than twice in the League .

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Steady on , you can't play Newcastle more than twice in the League .

I think we suffered by having Newcastle and Villa early doors - if it had been later in the season one or both would have been on I reckon.

We may well be on v Brum too once Sky make their minds up.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Looking forward to this being based in the US. For the VPN issue if they block that just make it easy on yourself and use an unlocator - easily allows you to switch between various Geo's in the world.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The risk is that Adam Baker will not be in charge of this meaning we will get clueless Bristol Sports people involved. If Adam is not in charge I will definately not subscribe.

Does Adam not work for Bristol sport? 

1 hour ago, USA_Reds said:

Looking forward to this being based in the US. For the VPN issue if they block that just make it easy on yourself and use an unlocator - easily allows you to switch between various Geo's in the world.

They must be constantly updating IPs. I use PrivateInternetaccess and there are services I can't access wherever I locate myself. 

I actually work very closely with the agency Realise, have worked from their offices a few times. I have mixed feelings for them, but the City content guys should find the new system better than the old one for sure.

However, Episerver's support is pretty poor in my experience, which certainly won't bode well given City's patchy service so far already.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

I actually work very closely with the agency Realise, have worked from their offices a few times. I have mixed feelings for them, but the City content guys should find the new system better than the old one for sure.

However, Episerver's support is pretty poor in my experience, which certainly won't bode well given City's patchy service so far already.

City won't be using either company, they're going it alone.

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

You'll be able to pay to watch the game live on a season long basis, or on a match by match basis. Only applies to those subscribers outside the U.K. 

New in house website launching in July. 

Oh my stars.... this has made my day! I just hope it's not priced too high.

16 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

You'll be able to pay to watch the game live on a season long basis, or on a match by match basis. Only applies to those subscribers outside the U.K. 

What about the exiles in other parts of the UK Dolls , will we be able to pay to watch a game? 

9 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

What about the exiles in other parts of the UK Dolls , will we be able to pay to watch a game? 

I'm guessing not.  There are laws preventing the showing of league games in the UK at 3pm on a Saturday.  They can be beamed abroad, but I'm not sure Scotland counts! :D

14 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The risk is that Adam Baker will not be in charge of this meaning we will get clueless Bristol Sports people involved. If Adam is not in charge I will definately not subscribe.

Literally nothing on the club's media channel has ever been presented by anyone outside of the media team. Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that would change.

In terms of game streaming, using a VPN so your IP appears as overseas and then subscribing would be very frowned upon, and no one should do it.

16 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Would the season long option show both home and away games? 

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm guessing not.  There are laws preventing the showing of league games in the UK at 3pm on a Saturday.  They can be beamed abroad, but I'm not sure Scotland counts! :D

Just have to move back to Bristol  then :laugh:. One problem the wife's  a Jock. 

17 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Impossible to do I'm afraid. IP technology is moving so fast that it's impossible to blacklist all VPNs. 

For example, Golden Frog's Vypr service uses scrambled VPN data so it can't be identified.

As a London exile I'll be signing up for this new service, but only if the streams are in a decent output (1080p or higher) so they can be watched on a TV.

18 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Impossible to do I'm afraid. IP technology is moving so fast that it's impossible to blacklist all VPNs. 

I agree, it isn't worth even trying to blacklist VPNs. 

I'd have thought they'd only make the feeds available to those with a non UK billing address.

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Literally nothing on the club's media channel has ever been presented by anyone outside of the media team. Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that would change.

In terms of game streaming, using a VPN so your IP appears as overseas and then subscribing would be very frowned upon, and no one should do it.

Using a VPN is bad,  all those naughty expats in the States watch OUR BBC iPlayer and can watch in perfect HD on their big televisions.

It's shocking how easy it is to set up a VPN and pretend your in other country whilst being untraceable, if you use a quality recommended VPN provider.  Some don't keep logs and are based in countries where they do not need to, some cost as little as £3 a month!

Shocking I say!

Tut tut :disapointed2se:

25 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

I agree, it isn't worth even trying to blacklist VPNs. 

I'd have thought they'd only make the feeds available to those with a non UK billing address.

Don't give them ideas :facepalm:. They'd also be foolish to do it as many exiles would pay for the service and the club have kept their end of the bargain, if they don't then the club earn no money and Kodi will be used with no benefit to the club.

I don't know why we're worrying to be honest, the clubs IT is shocking, the idea that they will be able to live stream in HD when they can't even put up the names of the subs on the big screen inside the ****ing ground is laughable.

And the game will be unwatchable due to the quality of the camera work.. *Crash Zoom*

Archived