IGNORED

BCFC: The Vision

Septic Peg

Dug this little nugget out the YouTube vault... back from 2013... hello @Dave L!

From that I gather the 5 pillars are:

1. Financial Prudence
  2. Recruitment
  3. Academy
  4. Community
  5. Engagement

I genuinely had no idea what they were. Just constant references to the '5 pillars' but no explanation. I reckon we have 3 pillars at present... 

But what really struck me was Keith Burt. He actually mentioned the words 'ethos' and 'DNA'. Does that mean that the usual BS spouted by MA doesnt originate from him after all?

Have we misjudged Mr Ashton?

What happens if we never achieve all 5 pillars? Will City fall over like a drunk student on the Centre at 3am on a Saturday night? 

Truthfully, I'm most concerned about Financial Prudence. Obviously that has changed from 4 years back. Our turnover is higher now so 60% of turnover on wages is fine (basing this on 2013 FFP L1 regulations - can't imagine a massive difference 4 years later and in the Championship) But that leaves 40% for everything else. And I don't just mean player purchases. I mean large annual costs such as utilities, tax (not SL!), maintenance and eventually refurbishment (ie Atyeo/training facilities etc).

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Dug this little nugget out the YouTube vault... back from 2013... hello @Dave L!

From that I gather the 5 pillars are:

1. Financial Prudence
  2. Recruitment
  3. Academy
  4. Community
  5. Engagement

I genuinely had no idea what they were. Just constant references to the '5 pillars' but no explanation. I reckon we have 3 pillars at present... 

But what really struck me was Keith Burt. He actually mentioned the words 'ethos' and 'DNA'. Does that mean that the usual BS spouted by MA doesnt originate from him after all?

Have we misjudged Mr Ashton?

What happens if we never achieve all 5 pillars? Will City fall over like a drunk student on the Centre at 3am on a Saturday night? 

Truthfully, I'm most concerned about Financial Prudence. Obviously that has changed from 4 years back. Our turnover is higher now so 60% of turnover on wages is fine (basing this on 2013 FFP L1 regulations - can't imagine a massive difference 4 years later and in the Championship) But that leaves 40% for everything else. And I don't just mean player purchases. I mean large annual costs such as utilities, tax (not SL!), maintenance and eventually refurbishment (ie Atyeo/training facilities etc).

That's where Bristol Sport steps in. No spend needed by the actual Football Club. 

It'll be commercially sensitive but I would love to know how much our matchday revenue has increased with the number of beer/cider counters at the ground now that we've played nearly a full season in the redeveloped stadium. Drinking has never looked so popular.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

All I am interested in, is the three "A"s from our players.

Alertness, Awareness and Anticipation.

Nah. I'll have a 'P' please Bob.

'P' for Passion

Power

Pace

Precision

and SoD the 'P' for Possession btw. Reinforced by watching 15 minutes Chelsea vs Man City Youth of possession football with not one shot and only one entry into the penalty box. Shocking crap. 

Hang on. is that Tammy? Loan for Agbo please.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

All I am interested in, is the three "A"s from our players.

Alertness, Awareness and Anticipation.

Sounds like my old driving instructor.

I'll go for Attack, Attack, Attack.

40 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Seven academy players offered contracts. link Not bad for number 3.

The payers are Kel Akpobire, Opi Edwards, James Morton, George Nurse, Aaron Parsons, Tom Richards, Harvey Smith. Anyone know anything about any of them?

I hope Harvey Smith is good at jumping for crosses, but dies not f-off to the ref.

Archived