IGNORED

Music at start of 2nd half

Mrdc

55 minutes ago, harrys said:

You are joking?

Just a bit! It beggars belief how such crass drivel has any place anywhere now. No doubt some old timer will say that its traditional, but l'd say its a tradition they could do without. It makes me cringe. 

The music at AG is crap, pre match it's the same every week. The Liquidator Zeppelin and then that dirge whatever it is played on a loop until the teams appear to that cheesy fanfare. Why not vary it?

and playing those piped crowd roars in the concourse! WTF!

• Admin

Sadly we are all at Ashton Gate for our liking of the football team we are supporting, certainly not there as we all have the taste in music

With approx 19k in the ground each game - it would impossible to accomodate to all tastes

Am sure @Tim S will tell us it's a thankless task sometimes

59 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just a bit! It beggars belief how such crass drivel has any place anywhere now. No doubt some old timer will say that its traditional, but l'd say its a tradition they could do without. It makes me cringe. 

I'm 18 and love the Wurzels being played at Ashton Gate. Very little identity left in football and especially at Ashton Gate right now but the Wurzels will always be a part of Bristol City for me personally.

1 hour ago, Robin 101 said:

I'm 18 and love the Wurzels being played at Ashton Gate. Very little identity left in football and especially at Ashton Gate right now but the Wurzels will always be a part of Bristol City for me personally.

One man's meat etc. 

2 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

Good man. As cheesy as it is, we've grown up with it and it IS a part of it. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Sadly we are all at Ashton Gate for our liking of the football team we are supporting, certainly not there as we all have the taste in music

With approx 19k in the ground each game - it would impossible to accomodate to all tastes

Why so sad?

If you want sadness, go to Taunton :facepalm:.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I like it when First Steps by Elbow (BBC London 2012 Olympics music) was played before the match.  And I'm pretty sure not one other person thought that was a good choice.

Just now, phantom said:

It's an English phrase - perhaps you have been away longer than you realise @PHILINFRANCE?

No, I can understand sadness: it's the hope....

Wrong thread, I know, but what is going on with Somerset?

If Tom Abell scores 1 run in his next innings, his average will improve!

@slartibartfast must be laughing out loud.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

No, I can understand sadness: it's the hope....

Wrong thread, I know, but what is going on with Somerset?

If Tom Abell scores 1 run in his next innings, his average will improve!

@slartibartfast must be laughing out loud.

Luckily Abell doesn't play white ball cricket so we are safe for a while 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Negative Phantom. Everyone likes Love Shack by the B52's. 

Archived