IGNORED

Traffic vs Brum

RedRock

Probably missed it, but what advice has the Police, Bristol City Council & Bristol City Football Club 'Partnership' provided for those home fans displaced by the Portway P&R and Portway Closure and Brummies being advised to use the Abbots Leigh Road to Bedme Cricket Club? One assumes Bristol Zoo area will be grid locked by runners and spectators cars plus zoo patrons.

I thought Julie was going to update us once a 'plan' had been agreed. Slightly worrying if nothing has been posted that the 3 partners made a slight oversight in agreeing to have a running event on in the same part of the city, on the same day, at the same time.

If they are still pondering what to do, maybe a big City like yours could do with an elected mayor to ensure It was run efficiently and there was some joined-up thinking to prevent a reoccurrence.

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Probably missed it, but what advice has the Police, Bristol City Council & Bristol City Football Club 'Partnership' provided for those home fans displaced by the Portway P&R and Portway Closure and Brummies being advised to use the Abbots Leigh Road to Bedme Cricket Club? One assumes Bristol Zoo area will be grid locked by runners and spectators cars plus zoo patrons.

I thought Julie was going to update us once a 'plan' had been agreed. Slightly worrying if nothing has been posted that the 3 partners made a slight oversight in agreeing to have a running event on in the same part of the city, on the same day, at the same time.

If they are still pondering what to do, maybe a big City like yours could do with an elected mayor to ensure It was run efficiently and there was some joined-up thinking to prevent a reoccurrence.

we have an elected mayor, though he seems as bad as our last elected mayor who seems to think closing roads more cycle lanes and traffic lights is the answer to everything, and don't get me started on bus lanes.

8 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

You're like a dog with a bone on this aren't you?!! Let it go, you'll make yourself ill thinking about it.

Basically, the Mayor, the Council and the authorities in our fair City haven't got a scooby, they'll close their collective eyes and put their fingers in their ears all day next Sunday, and when the inevitable brown stuff hits the spinny air conditioning thingy, they'll put all the blame on football fans.

21 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You're like a dog with a bone on this aren't you?!! Let it go, you'll make yourself ill thinking about it.

Basically, the Mayor, the Council and the authorities in our fair City haven't got a scooby, they'll close their collective eyes and put their fingers in their ears all day next Sunday, and when the inevitable brown stuff hits the spinny air conditioning thingy, they'll put all the blame on football fans.

Ha. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Well done Bristol Sport.

25 minutes after the post, as if by magic, the information appears on Twitter. 

I have been involved with others in sorting out all the details of trains and available roads for our media team to release. 

Hopefully it will be out today or tomorrow but will have all information on it. In a nutshell, trains as already discussed that now stop at parsons st. Advice that football traffic leave at junction 19 and follow signs into area, hopefully extra car parking has been agreed at Ashton court as well! ( awaiting further details from council but all agreed) 

I will try and post link here once released.

8 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I have been involved with others in sorting out all the details of trains and available roads for our media team to release. 

Hopefully it will be out today or tomorrow but will have all information on it. In a nutshell, trains as already discussed that now stop at parsons st. Advice that football traffic leave at junction 19 and follow signs into area, hopefully extra car parking has been agreed at Ashton court as well! ( awaiting further details from council but all agreed) 

I will try and post link here once released.

It's alright for you,you'll just stick your blue flashing light on and the traffic will part like the Red Sea.:whistle:

26 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

It's alright for you,you'll just stick your blue flashing light on and the traffic will part like the Red Sea.:whistle:

If only that was the case!

lots of walking for me I suspect as impossible to get anywhere even with blues and twos on!! 

4 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Why not?

because they often take up 50% of the road and benefit rightly or wrongly a small percentage of people, you would have thought by now the council would accept that they will NEVER stop most people preferring the comfort and convenience of their car, so they inconvenience the majority of people for some  kind of feeling of moral superiority in a democracy why should a minority of people benefit at the expense of the majority well, you did ask!! 

28 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I read it that the parking will be open. When the bus exits the P & R site I don't think there's enough room for it to turn left s it will pick up outside and run to the M5 , then Portbury and into AG through Abbots Leigh & Rownham Hill?

Could be wrong but that's how I read it especially as it says it wont pick up on the bit of the Portway that is open (up to Sylvan Way)

Just now, CodeRed said:

I read it that the parking will be open. When the bus exits the P & R site I don't think there's enough room for it to turn left s it will pick up outside and run to the M5 , then Portbury and into AG through Abbots Leigh & Rownham Hill?

Could be wrong but that's how I read it especially as it says it wont pick up on the bit of the Portway that is open (up to Sylvan Way)

ah, could be right there mate. 

Archived