IGNORED

Traffic vs Brum

RedRock

14 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

@JulieH can you provide some clarity on this? Take it that the Portway P&R is open for car parking? Then the buses are going to take their chances on the M5 to the nightmare Portbury junction and battle with the traffic down the Abbots Leigh road? For us coming up the M5 think it looks increasingly like take your chances in the car to The Gate and park wherever.

Can't the runners just be told to keep out of the bus lane on the inward route allowing the buses free passage in, then route them back out on the Abbots Leigh road to do a circular? 

Departs Portway Park and Ride – 0940, 1000, 1020 and 1040 (these journeys will depart from the lay-by outside the Park and Ride and be diverted and operate non-stop from Portway Park and Ride and will not serve intermediate stops along Portway)
Departs Ashton Gate – 1400, 1420, 1440, 1500, 1520 and 1540 (normal route followed)

The latest update I received yesterday is as shown above.

I am still awaiting the final details on car parking at Ashton Court estate from the council. I was hoping to get them out before the long weekend but not yet known unfortunately.

The council are hoping to be able to open the Ashton court estate for car parking which will help with parking on the day.

I would still advice people not to attempt to get anywhere near the centre/ docks area as most roads there will be closed until at least kick off. There will be in excess of 30,000 extra people in Bristol including runners, families and football fans. It will be a difficult day to get around, certainly prematch anyway.

Plan your route in, next week there should be maps published showing road closures and parking sites etc . These will help.

16 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

@JulieH

Does @reddoh still qualify for his free ride to the game in a jam sandwich, and can I still borrow a horse?

If I can still have loan of a horse, please let me know the size and colour, I want to be sure I coordinate accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

What time will he need a lift and where? I will see what I can do!!

Struggling with the horse a little though, think they might be the best way to get around on the day so they are going to be busy.

Our horse only come in bay, chestnut fur and dark tails and mane, I am sure something bright orange would look lovely!!!!

Archived