IGNORED

Seven offered first professional contracts

redpole

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Understand about Max O'Leary offered new deal, but Jojo? Didn't we loan him out to some Norwegian 3rd division team? Did he come back really good?

He's certainly a physical presence. I think Lucic Fielding O'Leary our top 3 with Wollacott out on loan next year. 

10 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Understand about Max O'Leary offered new deal, but Jojo? Didn't we loan him out to some Norwegian 3rd division team? Did he come back really good?

I like Jojo...Only seen him a couple of times, but impressed each time.  Nowhere near the finished article, naturally, but massive potential there.

13 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Harvey smith?.......must be knocking 80 now

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He'll be alright if he gets off his high horse . 

Wouldn't want him anywhere near the touchline giving out tactical instructions as City will think they are being told to play with only two at the back!

11 hours ago, Shtanley said:

He's certainly a physical presence. I think Lucic Fielding O'Leary our top 3 with Wollacott out on loan next year. 

Lucic as first choice?

What exactly is that based on?

His 1 league start for us? (when he looked all at sea).

The fact that despite what we were told by some on here that he was back up at Bayern, he was actually their fourth choice keeper?

He has also not made a single start whilst on loan in the Danish league yet, so he will be well down the pecking order next season here and certainly behind Frankie, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Lucic as first choice?

What exactly is that based on?

His 1 league start for us? (when he looked all at sea).

The fact that despite what we were told by some on here that he was back up at Bayern, he was actually their fourth choice keeper?

He has also not made a single start whilst on loan in the Danish league yet, so he will be well down the pecking order next season here and certainly behind Frankie, in my opinion.

Yeah I'd probably have Lucic as first choice. I like him. Unless Fielding keeps playing like he's not Frankie Fielding anymore in which case I think he'd deserve to stay number 1. 

Kel akpobire - a forward that can play as a wide player, hard working physical player has some issues with finishing but all round good player

opi Edwards - absolutely rapid great attitude can play as a wide midfielder or wing back - has an excellent chance of a first team appearance in the next 2 seasons. I imagine will go on loan this season

james Morton - ball playing centre mid. Likes to sit in pocket and pass, great range of passing

George nurse - best of the lot, left footed and athletic the next Joe Bryan if he continues to develop

aaron and Harvey very similar type centre backs both are brave, have great attitudes, can defend and score from set peices both big boys.

Tom Richards centre mid good range of passing great attitude and work ethic

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Yeah I'd probably have Lucic as first choice. I like him. Unless Fielding keeps playing like he's not Frankie Fielding anymore in which case I think he'd deserve to stay number 1. 

I've got high hopes for Lucic, largely based off the League Cup game at Fulham, but I'm far from convinced he is going to be ready to be our first-choice keeper come August. That's fine as he is young for a keeper and has time on his side but I reckon it will be too soon. At the same time, I think we need to upgrade on Frankie and I'd like to see a capable and experienced senior goalkeeper come in for the next two or three seasons, by which time one of O'Leary, Woolacott or Lucic will be ready for first-team action. It would be great if we could persuade someone experienced and currently a back-up at a lower Premier League club to drop a division to get first team football. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've got high hopes for Lucic, largely based off the League Cup game at Fulham, but I'm far from convinced he is going to be ready to be our first-choice keeper come August. That's fine as he is young for a keeper and has time on his side but I reckon it will be too soon. At the same time, I think we need to upgrade on Frankie and I'd like to see a capable and experienced senior goalkeeper come in for the next two or three seasons, by which time one of O'Leary, Woolacott or Lucic will be ready for first-team action. It would be great if we could persuade someone experienced and currently a back-up at a lower Premier League club to drop a division to get first team football. 

I think to sign another keeper now would be unnecessary, Fielding recently has come alive and is good enough if he stays at the level he's playing. Lucic is a sound number 2 and IMO with games has got enough to be number 1. I think to sign a keeper now would likely stunt the progression of O'Leary and Lucic. 

Never get too excited by any youngsters that get new deals to be honest. Let's be frank, you could probably cut/paste the same group of players next year into the 'released' list. There's a reason why they only ever get 1 year contracts. 

The likes of Joe/Bobby (who are fairly average for us) & Zak Vyner had all played decent standard pro football by 17/18, the highest most of these have played at 18/19 is conference south. Doesn't exactly bode well. 

Archived