IGNORED

Tammy, Andy and Brighton...

cityexile

Just now, gas8er said:

Don't think I would phone a local journalist for such information, why not just pick up the phone to LJ?

Managers often have a drink/chat after games don't they? He could watch Tammy play then talk to LJ. 

Just now, hodge said:

Managers often have a drink/chat after games don't they? He could watch Tammy play then talk to LJ. 

Much more likely. Even if true, somebody saying 'they represent Brighton' is rather different than they actually do! Cannot help but think Andy has fallen for one here.

The tweet is:

Had an interesting call today from someone representing Brighton - wanted to know about Tammy Abraham's character/personality etc!

Which is what you can't tell from watching his games and talking to LJ who will be necessarily complimentary.  The main local sports journalist is more likely to know and tell what he's like off the pitch, attitude to training, was the car accident the tip of the iceberg or a one off and so on.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The tweet is:

Which is what you can't tell from watching his games and talking to LJ who will be necessarily complimentary.  The main local sports journalist is more likely to know and tell what he's like off the pitch, attitude to training, was the car accident the tip of the iceberg or a one off and so on.

Watch the interviews, pressers and read fans comments as the season goes on, listen to your scouts.  If you're making a multi million pound decision based on a phone call to Andy,  who then immediately tweets about it, then god help you.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Watch the interviews, pressers and read fans comments as the season goes on, listen to your scouts.  If you're making a multi million pound decision based on a phone call to Andy,  who then immediately tweets about it, then god help you.

Im sure people at Brighton - or any other club interested in him, will be doing as much due diligence on the player as possible. If interested, then they will be making 20, 30, 40 or more calls to gather as much info as possible. Calling the journalist who has probably spoken to him more than anyone else in the media is a simple wise move. Despite what some people think, Andy knows his stuff and for me personally, have always respected his opinion. The attitude of a player on and off the pitch is so important.... so its not a great surprise he got a call. 

Whatever Tammy does next though - he has a big future ahead of him. 

4 minutes ago, Tim S said:

Im sure people at Brighton - or any other club interested in him, will be doing as much due diligence on the player. If interested, then they will be making 20, 30, 40 or more calls to gather as much info as possible. Calling the journalist who has probably spoken to him more than anyone else in the media is a simple wise move. Despite what some people think, Andy knows his stuff and for me personally, have always respected his opinion. The attitude of a player on and off the pitch is so important.... so its not a great surprise he got a call. 

Whatever Tammy does next though - he has a big future ahead of him. 

Oh, I don't doubt any of that for a second, just seems to be an odd tweet, I'd have thought that discretion would be the better part of valour in this instance.

Tammy has a massive future ahead of him and I wish him all the best.  I hope he gets his full England cap soon, it may reinvigorate my passion for the international game!

Just now, RumRed said:

Oh, I don't doubt any of that for a second, just seems to be an odd tweet, I'd have thought that discretion would be the better part of valour in this instance.

Tammy has a massive future ahead of him and I wish him all the best.  I hope he gets his full England cap soon, it may reinvigorate my passion for the international game!

As far as Im aware, Andy is now freelance.... so can say what he likes. 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Just a thought, if Brighton are in for him we should just give the ball to him on our goal line and watch him walk it into theirs? They're going up and most likely as Champions, would you want to be the player that took him out?

Could we give it to him a bit further from our goal?

After the passing in the first half vs Barnsley I wouldnt feel confident of us managing to pass to Tammy on our goal line once without at least 3 own goals before it made it to him.

15 hours ago, RumRed said:

Just a thought, if Brighton are in for him we should just give the ball to him on our goal line and watch him walk it into theirs? They're going up and most likely as Champions, would you want to be the player that took him out?

I`d be a bit wary if I saw Glenn Murray bearing down on him mind!

15 hours ago, RumRed said:

Equally, if he scored a hat trick denying them the title, could make the dressing room fun next year if he goes there...

Seriously, I am sure he will be doing his very best to impress.

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

Equally, if he scored a hat trick denying them the title, could make the dressing room fun next year if he goes there...

Seriously, I am sure he will be doing his very best to impress.

Mind you, he`d still do that if it was a meaningless end of season game v Rotherham or someone - the lad doesn`t know any other way to play than to put in 110%.

And he still wants that golden boot too.

Archived